Bdsm Mainstream Movies

• Please check your spam/junk folder after registration, for your email. Thank you
Welcome to our Swinging Community
Join now to meet other like-minded swingers.
9 September 2017
Hi y'all
I've just noticed that the film Secretary has just started on Film4.
Now, it's a long time since I last saw it but from memory, I think it's one of the better mainstream movies that show elements of BDSM.

I recently, out of curiosity, watched Fifty Shades of Grey.
I realise that it has probably introduced millions of women to the idea of some sort of involvement in BDSM but I found it to be truly awful. It was, in my opinion, far more to do with money and wealth than it was to do with the true BDSM experience.

I'd be interested to hear your opinions on which films you think best conveys the BDSM experience (and indeed which films you think totally misrepresents it)

Vanezza

Stud Muffin
11 May 2017
Interesting thread @Antogs I have seen the secretary a few times now and it highlights Bdsm well enough but I do find it a little lacking in certain aspects. The film for me which is the best bdsm film I have seen is preaching to the perverted. Have seen fifty shades quite a few times and although I find it quite well constructed it does lack a lot to do with the scene and does focus too much on the wealth and it goes too much into a love story.

Vxxx

4 July 2017
City
Glastonbury
Hi y'all
I've just noticed that the film Secretary has just started on Film4.
Now, it's a long time since I last saw it but from memory, I think it's one of the better mainstream movies that show elements of BDSM.

I recently, out of curiosity, watched Fifty Shades of Grey.
I realise that it has probably introduced millions of women to the idea of some sort of involvement in BDSM but I found it to be truly awful. It was, in my opinion, far more to do with money and wealth than it was to do with the true BDSM experience.

I'd be interested to hear your opinions on which films you think best conveys the BDSM experience (and indeed which films you think totally misrepresents it)
My missus has suggested we watch 50 Shades of Grey... I'm like, O rly?

I need some kind of game to accompany watching the film to take the edge off it. A bit like a drinking game but involving BDSM clichés... 5 whacks with the stick when they get candles out... I dunno...

Ideas?

:)

Reactions: Therapon
9 September 2017
I suppose one of the first major mainstream films that incorporated elements of BDSM as a large part of the story was 9 1/2 weeks. As a mere boy, I found it incredibly erotic but feel if I was to watch it now I'd find it rather tame.

I must admit I've never seen Preaching to the Perverted (it somehow passed me by). I am, however, downloading it right now and will watch it later (y)

I think one of the most harrowing (and brilliant) depictions of a D/S relationship is that in the film Night Porter.

9 September 2017
My missus has suggested we watch 50 Shades of Grey... I'm like, O rly?

I need some kind of game to accompany watching the film to take the edge off it. A bit like a drinking game but involving BDSM clichés... 5 whacks with the stick when they get candles out... I dunno...

Ideas?

:)

I'd suggest you have a night of debauched sex with 50 shades on the TV somewhere in the background. Assure your missus that the film is your main focus and you might get away with it (especially if the sex is that great she forgets the film anyway ;))

Pearls

MOTM

18 July 2015
Nine and a half weeks is the original for me and also eyes wide shut comes into a second.
As for 50 shades I have defended this in another thread, I have watched them all and people still don't understand the tight rules that are governed by film makers for a start, second they have to make it easy watching to get the people through the door and people who have no idea what Bdsm actually is, the result is an understanding and I would say many have delved further after watching.
Do I think it's the best film? No but for these reasons they have given a damn good shot at it for an outsider who has no clue what it's all about. x

Lovernotfighter

MOTM

3 February 2016
City
York
This will sound out there but The Addams Family films do an amazing job of portraying what is clearly a BDSM realationship between Gomez and Morticia, of course no kink is shown.

Vanezza

Stud Muffin
11 May 2017
I suppose one of the first major mainstream films that incorporated elements of BDSM as a large part of the story was 9 1/2 weeks. As a mere boy, I found it incredibly erotic but feel if I was to watch it now I'd find it rather tame.

I must admit I've never seen Preaching to the Perverted (it somehow passed me by). I am, however, downloading it right now and will watch it later (y)

I think one of the most harrowing (and brilliant) depictions of a D/S relationship is that in the film Night Porter.

Please let me know what you think of it Antogs

Vxxx