Covid-19, a cautionary tale.

• Please check your spam/junk folder after registration, for your email. Thank you
Welcome to our Swinging Community
Join now to meet other like-minded swingers.
10 March 2015
So, you did all the right things...you washed your hands thoroughly, didn't touch your face, avoided coming within 2 meters of anyone else, didn't touch door keypads and stair rails, gave up on your social life for weeks and weeks, wore a mask in shops etc (even though you think they are useless). you were a paragon of virtue....until you wern't.

All it took was about 30 minutes working in the same room last Thursday (well spaced out) as someone else, to undo all that.
That guy tested positive, after someone else borrowed his laptop to check something a day earlier...and that someone else was a complete twat a few days before, going on the lash in crowded pubs, and travelling in a mini-bus with a group of others, many of whom also now tested positive.

I got the call on Monday morning..."I'm positive for C19, you need to get checked". Coincidentally, that morning I'd got a little tickly cough, was this a symptom?

I've dodged incoming rounds in the Army, wrestled with drugged up shoplifters, and gone eyeball to eyeball with the mother-in-law, but nothing has sent a shiver up my spine like hearing those words.

So, sat on the side of the road in my work van, I ring my wife (more on that in a bit), my son (we were together on Sunday), and then my boss, and then hit google for local testing stations. I had to also ring the organizer of a large team sport gathering I'd been a participant in on Sunday (outdoors, well spaced out).

Got tested.

And then had to wait 48 hours (they said 24 hours...took longer).

Today my test came back clear. Big smiles and relief all round...except...

My wife had to get tested too, she usually gets tested every 2 weeks due to her job, but was mid-point between tests, and her boss is not a happy bunny.
20 of the guys I'd been anywhere near on Sunday have been advised to get tested.
4 work locations have had to be deep-cleaned because the original guy had visited them.
3 other work colleagues have had to be tested.
And to top it all off, even though I'm in the clear, I still have to isolate for 14 days.

All this, just because one muppet wanted to go on the lash!

Yeah, I guess myself and the guy I was in contact with had dropped our guard a bit, got a little complacent...but sometimes complacency could kill, and not just one person.

Now that I'm clear, my thoughts turn to the colleague that I was in contact(ish) with....I'm ringing him daily, and I hope he pulls through.
Oh, and the first guy, the guy that kicked this all off?
Well...me and him are going to have a (socially distanced) chat when I next see him, if he survives C19, where I will leave him in no doubt as to what I think of him.

It hasn't gone away folks, its still out there, and its very easy to catch, stay safe, and keep your distance.

MP386

MOTM

9 November 2015
So, you did all the right things...you washed your hands thoroughly, didn't touch your face, avoided coming within 2 meters of anyone else, didn't touch door keypads and stair rails, gave up on your social life for weeks and weeks, wore a mask in shops etc (even though you think they are useless). you were a paragon of virtue....until you wern't.

All it took was about 30 minutes working in the same room last Thursday (well spaced out) as someone else, to undo all that.
That guy tested positive, after someone else borrowed his laptop to check something a day earlier...and that someone else was a complete twat a few days before, going on the lash in crowded pubs, and travelling in a mini-bus with a group of others, many of whom also now tested positive.

I got the call on Monday morning..."I'm positive for C19, you need to get checked". Coincidentally, that morning I'd got a little tickly cough, was this a symptom?

I've dodged incoming rounds in the Army, wrestled with drugged up shoplifters, and gone eyeball to eyeball with the mother-in-law, but nothing has sent a shiver up my spine like hearing those words.

So, sat on the side of the road in my work van, I ring my wife (more on that in a bit), my son (we were together on Sunday), and then my boss, and then hit google for local testing stations. I had to also ring the organizer of a large team sport gathering I'd been a participant in on Sunday (outdoors, well spaced out).

Got tested.

And then had to wait 48 hours (they said 24 hours...took longer).

Today my test came back clear. Big smiles and relief all round...except...

My wife had to get tested too, she usually gets tested every 2 weeks due to her job, but was mid-point between tests, and her boss is not a happy bunny.
20 of the guys I'd been anywhere near on Sunday have been advised to get tested.
4 work locations have had to be deep-cleaned because the original guy had visited them.
3 other work colleagues have had to be tested.
And to top it all off, even though I'm in the clear, I still have to isolate for 14 days.

All this, just because one muppet wanted to go on the lash!

Yeah, I guess myself and the guy I was in contact with had dropped our guard a bit, got a little complacent...but sometimes complacency could kill, and not just one person.

Now that I'm clear, my thoughts turn to the colleague that I was in contact(ish) with....I'm ringing him daily, and I hope he pulls through.
Oh, and the first guy, the guy that kicked this all off?
Well...me and him are going to have a (socially distanced) chat when I next see him, if he survives C19, where I will leave him in no doubt as to what I think of him.

It hasn't gone away folks, its still out there, and its very easy to catch, stay safe, and keep your distance.
Sorry to hear this but it does show however careful you may be no one is safe from potential infection...
For one act the knock on effect for so many is huge ... :tiphat:

10 March 2015
Sorry to hear this but it does show however careful you may be no one is safe from potential infection...
For one act the knock on effect for so many is huge ... :tiphat:
For me, its very much a lesson learned....I'm lucky, I'm clear, no-one else has been affected by my actions, but it shows how easily things can go sideways in a relatively short space of time.
I did the right thing, I've worked through the whole shutdown, always maintained a personal distance from work colleagues, and yet one persons actions put me at risk, and I have a friend who now is at risk...so far he has mild symptoms, and we can only hope that thats as far as it goes, but who knows.

17 September 2020
City
Manchester
You did the right thing. It's all about risk mitigation: and the fact that something got through doesn't make you less of a "paragon of virtue" (although I don't think any of these measures are particularly onerous tbh, just needs must)
Hope your health holds