• Please check your spam/junk folder after registration, for your email. Thank you

Dash Cams

1 August 2015
City
North Walsham
Dash cam, have you got one ? if so how good do you rate it, i'm thinking of buying one but there is so many on the market don't know which one to go for, i need one which is as good in the dark as it is in daylight, any advice would be helpfull, thanks.

D

Deleted member 3411

Haven't got one myself but a friend has and his recommendation was to have one that's HD and also has positional memory and that will give the police info on approach speeds excetra.... that way if it's a nasty accident they will have g forces to look at show how fast the other car was going. That does mean unfortunately it will also tell them how fast you were going....

Reactions: Nigel&Julie
1 August 2015
City
North Walsham
Thanks for the info and reply

Reactions: Admin
25 July 2016
I have the Auto-Vox A118c its small wedge shape makes it easy to put behind your mirror and its got a built in gps so you can look at where you have been on google earth had mine over 12 months no probs and playback is crystal clear

1 August 2015
City
North Walsham
I have the Auto-Vox A118c its small wedge shape makes it easy to put behind your mirror and its got a built in gps so you can look at where you have been on google earth had mine over 12 months no probs and playback is crystal clear
Thanks for the info and reply, what's it like at night?

1 January 2017
City
Wrexham
am going to get one as I nearly got taken out by a transporter this morning he was in the wrong lane. Called the police and they said if there was dash cam footage they could do something but as there wasn't then it was just filed against his reg number.

26 July 2016
City
Bolton
Been using dash cams for year's. Must admit I did some research then looked on eBay for exact same and bought 3 from China for same price as 1 cost here. Did have to wait 2 weeks for delivery though.

1 August 2015
City
North Walsham
Been using dash cams for year's. Must admit I did some research then looked on eBay for exact same and bought 3 from China for same price as 1 cost here. Did have to wait 2 weeks for delivery though.
Thanks for the reply, what model did you go for ?

26 July 2016
City
Bolton
Sorry not got a clue but it was the best you could buy at the time but I only paid £16 for it even though it was on sale here for around £100

Reactions: Therapon

MOTM

9 November 2015
Good
Our son passed his driving test last Friday. I have just ordered a HD one from Wowcher plus SD card for £25 including postage. I thought for £25 If it's rubbish we've not lost much .
Spy in the cab .... so you can keep an eye on his antics ...

26 July 2016
City
Bolton
Word of caution on these car cameras. Keep quiet about having it if you have a crash till you have watched it back and until they have given a statement then declare in all innocence that you have the recording cos if they are telling whoppers they will make the fibs fit the film. I had a on duty copper do the total lie bit on me and we killed him with the video after he could not change his story.

26 July 2016
Been considering getting one myself, the standard of driving these days is shocking. I'm being cut up more often, seems they see an old Landrover and they just ave to get in front. Lazy tw@ts who cut corners, been head on a few times with these jokers as I approach my street to turn in. The look on their faces for a second is oh Shit! as they swerve then they give me a foul look as if I'm on the wrong side of the road.

MOTM

18 July 2015
So can some one explain why dash cams are needed, I don't want someone filming me when I'm on the road and have children in the car...

MOTM

9 November 2015
So can some one explain why dash cams are needed, I don't want someone filming me when I'm on the road and have children in the car...
They don't film you as in peeper cam .... they film your driving antics .... and if something crashes into you you have evidence ... the question is they film forwards ... why if you get rear ended do you need one facing backwards too ....

Reactions: Pearls

MOTM

18 July 2015
They don't film you as in peeper cam .... they film your driving antics .... and if something crashes into you you have evidence ... the question is they film forwards ... why if you get rear ended do you need one facing backwards too ....
And if my children are waving out the back window, they'll be on camera. I don't buy it and think its an invasion of privacy xx

Reactions: Therapon
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…