Dash Cams

• Please check your spam/junk folder after registration, for your email. Thank you
Welcome to our Swinging Community
Join now to meet other like-minded swingers.
MP386

MOTM

9 November 2015
Clever clogs, you know what I mean and it's another way to rob us of privacy :p
They just help in the event of an accident not to spy on you ... you could also convict yourself if your speeding :eek: probably why I haven't got one ... :D not that I ever exceed the speed limits :whistle:

Pearls

MOTM

18 July 2015
They just help in the event of an accident not to spy on you ... you could also convict yourself if your speeding :eek: probably why I haven't got one ... :D not that I ever exceed the speed limits :whistle:
Same here so I wouldn't need one, I never go over 30 or 70 on the motorway and have never had a bump:whistle::whistle::whistle:

26 July 2016
City
Bolton
I think it would if it was approved by your insurance company. However I can see a lot of times it could work against you big time so I would not want to do it.

1 January 2017
City
Wrexham
No I asked my insurance (LV) when I first got mine and they said no

different companies may take a different stance on that. I know from owning many modified cars some will up your premiums for anything. Other companies only do that for performance gains. Also some will ask for an engineers report others don't.

Reactions: Lace
26 July 2016
A dash cam comes in real handy if you ever find yourself in a "crash for cash" scam. You can be an excellent driver but if your targeted by these crooks you have very little chance of avoiding a rear end shunt, the pull in front and break hard knowing full well reaction time and distance between vehicles means your going to run into the back of them. Proving they did it deliberately is where the dash cam proves invaluable other wise it gets treated like any other rear end shunt and the poor bastard at the back pays for it all.

G

GregariousG

I have a Nextbase 512G (about £150), the quality is excellent and it has a wider field of view than most. I've had people try a crash for cash twice as tricky-dicky stated above, but luckily the brakes in my car are so good that I stopped in time and their scam didn't work. After that I decided to get one in case I'm not so lucky next time or in case anything else happens. Sadly I didn't get any discount on my insurance, but it's worth it for the peace of mind I think.

14 April 2016
City
London
I'm about to purchase my first black cab on Friday to start work and having a front facing and passenger facing cam fitted for my own safety in case of any incidents.

As it is a working vehicle I have been advised to get a camera professionally fitted which I am doing. The main difference being that I have no access to the footage it records on a 30hour loop. If an incident occurs and I need to involve the police I then have 30 driving hours to go to the installers in London and only they will access the footage using their software for the police to then view. This way if it goes to court, I cannot be accused of tampering with the footage in any way and the evidence it shows cannot be disputed.

For me, given the nature of my work, it is essential. Might be overkill for a personal car, but definitely food for thought