Empty shelves

• Please check your spam/junk folder after registration, for your email. Thank you
Welcome to our Swinging Community
Join now to meet other like-minded swingers.
Pearls

MOTM

18 July 2015
With threats of shortages, are you having difficulty getting certain items?
If so will it effect you?

We are doing ok apart from washing powder, toiletries and dog food.
I was brought up with, as long as you have a bar of soap or fairy liquid you can clean anything so it doesn’t concern me and the dog can eat chicken which we did for her this morning.

As for xmas, our boys are all grown so toy shortages won’t effect us either but do you have little ones and are worrying about not being able to get certain things?

D

Deleted member 20900

Well I had a poodle around my local Tesco yesterday afternoon/evening and if I’m honest, the only they they appeared to be low on was crisps! Yep that hearty staple of any kids lunch box. Luckily enough, I brought a HUGE variety about 6 weeks ago and we still have lids left. So to be fair, unless people start acting like silly’s and go panic shopping, I think the shops will be absolutely fine. I’m just hoping those who brought tons of fresh fruit and veg last year for lock down have realises the errors of their ways and don’t waste their money on that and opt for condoms instead. We have seen a huge influx in Covid babies and sadly these are likely the kids of the veggie buyers and so the cycle continues lmao. J

19 March 2015
With threats of shortages, are you having difficulty getting certain items?
If so will it effect you?

We are doing ok apart from washing powder, toiletries and dog food.
I was brought up with, as long as you have a bar of soap or fairy liquid you can clean anything so it doesn’t concern me and the dog can eat chicken which we did for her this morning.

As for xmas, our boys are all grown so toy shortages won’t effect us either but do you have little ones and are worrying about not being able to get certain things?

Well I had a poodle around my local Tesco yesterday afternoon/evening and if I’m honest, the only they they appeared to be low on was crisps! Yep that hearty staple of any kids lunch box. Luckily enough, I brought a HUGE variety about 6 weeks ago and we still have lids left. So to be fair, unless people start acting like silly’s and go panic shopping, I think the shops will be absolutely fine. I’m just hoping those who brought tons of fresh fruit and veg last year for lock down have realises the errors of their ways and don’t waste their money on that and opt for condoms instead. We have seen a huge influx in Covid babies and sadly these are likely the kids of the veggie buyers and so the cycle continues lmao. J
This is the main problem - people being utter wet wipes and going out panic buying.

Petrol, loo roll, fresh fruit & veg. Etc etc.
If people used their fkin heads and thought for just one minute, half of this wouldn’t be happening.

That said, there’s a clear global issue due to the pandemic. It always was going to have a knock on effect.
But, there’s enough to go round. People just need to keep calm and don’t pay too much attention to the press.

D

Deleted member 20900

I absolutely agree and the Evergreen Evergiven running aground right as all this started really pushed so many things backwards, the nock one effect for that was HUGE, and to this day the San Francisco ports have a 4-6 week back log and ships are just sitting and waiting to unload.

But it is very frustrating when you see people actually silly with all this going on knowing their selfish behaviour will negatively effect others and not caring in the slightest, that’s where humanity needs to change really.

Hmm maybe we should start a new political party, the social swingers party of reform for the U.K. and our party mission is to spread happiness, joy, community relations and legs!!!

Skippy01

MOTM

Skippy01

Quiz Queen 2020
18 September 2020
Luckily living where I live, we have farm shops that have had a running supply of fresh fruit and veg ,so Always able to get those easily.
Supermarkets are handling it well here though and I could do a full shop no problems at the weekend. They'll probably be an uproar now because of the covid outbreak here, but not panicking about it. Aslong as I can make a meal,and wash then it doesn't bother me.
I've already done my christmas shopping, so I only need to get the choccy tins which wouldn't be a massive issue if they ran out.Santa may not get his apple pie on christmas eve,but I'd make sure he had a biscuit or something x

Pearls

MOTM

18 July 2015
Luckily living where I live, we have farm shops that have had a running supply of fresh fruit and veg ,so Always able to get those easily.
Supermarkets are handling it well here though and I could do a full shop no problems at the weekend. They'll probably be an uproar now because of the covid outbreak here, but not panicking about it. Aslong as I can make a meal,and wash then it doesn't bother me.
I've already done my christmas shopping, so I only need to get the choccy tins which wouldn't be a massive issue if they ran out.Santa may not get his apple pie on christmas eve,but I'd make sure he had a biscuit or something x
Father xmas has mince pies :cautious:

D

Deleted member 11852

We just buy the bits we need every couple of days.... Especially now its only us two... We haven't found a shortage of anything round here... .. As for Christmas Mrs h starts in January and leaves it all in our bedroom.. If things come to the worst there's always money in a card and the usual didn't know what to get you line.. W.. ???

TherLegs

MOTM

11 December 2016
I'm off to check and buy anything that maybe in short supply tomorrow.

Seriously, yes there are a few gaps on the shelves but if so its either a change of menu or a walk to another shop to find what I want. I have yet to go out shopping and not being able to find the stuff I need.

D

Deleted member 11852

I’ve got to further a field today to get sugar ? in marks yesterday the toiletry and cleaning aisle was empty which I’ve never seen. It’s only those items though, food is fine apart from a few tins. It must be just us ?
You need to go to lidl and aldi.. Looks like it's the posh shops that are struggling... I only go to cheap ones... I'm like arkwright.. If I went shopping in m and s or waitrose you would hear me all over the shop... W.. ????GitfCBF.gif

TherLegs

MOTM

11 December 2016
I’ve got to further a field today to get sugar ? in marks yesterday the toiletry and cleaning aisle was empty which I’ve never seen. It’s only those items though, food is fine apart from a few tins. It must be just us ?

Sugar, go to the local cafe, buy a coffee and pocket all those little sachets :D
I'd send you some but I don'y use it

Pearls

MOTM

18 July 2015
You need to go to lidl and aldi.. Looks like it's the posh shops that are struggling... I only go to cheap ones... I'm like arkwright.. If I went shopping in m and s or waitrose you would hear me all over the shop... W.. ????View attachment 85124
Marks is on my doorstep and milk and bread is the same price as Aldi, I go there too for some things but they haven’t got the same items. I’ll use castor sugar ? I can’t have my cup of tea without sugar ?