FaceBook...

• Please check your spam/junk folder after registration, for your email. Thank you
Welcome to our Swinging Community
Join now to meet other like-minded swingers.

Admin

Admin
15 September 2014
Well,
I have been using FB since about 2005/2006.... Wayyyy before most of y'all knew about it.
Why? Because I was a tester for them for the British market. (y)

So, it started out as a genuine thing; keep in touch with friends and family - talk to peeps across the pond or down under, and that was the idea. A platform to keep in touch online.

But it soon became swamped (about 3 years later) with dirty washing aired in public and bitchfests..
Soon I decided, I've had nowt in return for testing and explored loads of different things as I ran MANY successful business pages on there. Strictly business only and then as well my actual page for personal reasons.

Anyway, the point of this is.... I have closed my account about 2-3 times now, but this time it is final.
Why? Many reasons but mainly because it's NOT social and I cannot be myself there.

I don't like the vanilla world. Simples.
I like being here as admin and a user because I can be both.... I can BE vanilla if I want to, but I can be a fet loving swinger if I want to, too...

FB is not social. Social media is FAR from social. But after almost 10 years; it's time for me to hang my status' and likes up and blue thumbs, to make way for Social Swinging where I can be social, be vanilla; be myself!!

What's your thoughts on this and what's your thoughts on 'social' media? Especially FB?
Mwah, as always... Admin :) x

Pearls

MOTM

18 July 2015
Well as for my feelings...FB is an excuse for airing your washing out in public, I liked it for the reasons that I kept in touch with family from across the water, they have my number and as for anything else goodbye and soooooo vanilla xxxx

28 May 2015
I like FB mainly because I was able to connect with several very dear friends that I had lost touch with. I only have about 30 hand picked friends on there and all my posts are friend's only. This is my second FB. I go on there every now and then and my g/f and I do enjoy sharing funny stuff with each other. :)

Reactions: Pearls and Admin
L

Lovers_For_Life

I much prefer a Chocolate Chip Cookie with Caramel sort of World, given a choice. I am 'on' FB, nominally - mainly because of some photo work I have done, for a particular tribute band. My FB is 100% vanilla.... (y)

My Kinky FB equivalent is Fetlife. But.... it has the same probs as FB does - !! People post their dirty washing and nonsense. Idiots make comments, which are so far off target - seriously, you really think I am the 6ft + blonde model , in my photos- !!!! :confused: Then there are the Holy Than Thou BDSM'er's - only their way is the right way - they have long forgotten YKIOK - or its doesn't apply to them...:mad:

****** never worked very well, for me - its certainly not Social, in any accepted sense, IMHO. This, on the other hand, is so diffrent. OMG - I dare to write on the Forums - and don't get flamed - :) O-M-G - some people even agree with me - that never happened on FS....(n)

I am hoping, with fingers crossed, than Social Swinging will be the 'Killer App' for us....(y) Its doing great so far, I am checking the numbers each day - about 1350 now, I think....? Keep on building - and it will be great.....:)

I xx

27 April 2015
We have an individual Facebook account each, that used to be huge, literally hundreds of friends between us, lots of them work colleagues, some family and some close friends. We too have been caught up in mud slinging, even if we've not had an involvement, so only about 6 weeks ago, on my account, I went through my friends list and trimmed it to immediate family, and personal REAL Friends and of course our face book page for the apartment still is up and running. now I talk to people in the manner Facebook was intended, as a social media tool to keep in touch. So much easier, and quieter on the constant notifications Lol !!!

The A Team xx

Reactions: Admin
M

meet_the_fockers

Yeah of course I have fbk, I'm nosey.. The what are you having for tea, and this girl has shagged my man post get a little boring! I use it mainly to keep in touch with freinds in the real world having lived all over. It was also pretty useful when my daughter lived abroad. I do have a couple of freinds, from the swinging world on there. I'm selective, over whom I add. It's also been a great means for me selling wise ie artwork, and various craftwork. Best thing for me... My phones are always packed with photos, there was a time I didn't back up..silly me. My phone went to heaven.. All photos gone.. I was gutted. Luckily I had posted, precious snaps on there, so was able to recoupe... So in this instance hoorahhhh for fbk.

Admin

Admin
15 September 2014
Definitely lucky there! (y)
Used it for years, and just got so fed up with it.. Was very selective with friends and well just had enough of the whole thing.
But as you say, saved your bacon this time! ;)

D

D7andFLC

Two words - candy crush - my guilty pleasure! I sworn to myself I'll pack it in when I get to level 1000. I do use it to have a nose at what others are up to but never post myself. D7

M

meet_the_fockers

Why is it you fly through 3 levels with ease on that bloody game. Then get stuck on one level for 3weeks... Soooo infuriating!!

Reactions: Lace
D

D7andFLC

Facebook, the only place where it is acceptable to talk to a wall?!:rofl:
Ive had a facebook account since before it was trending. lol. I now never use it as its full of people bullshitting about how great their life is, yet they're constantly on there?!
And not forgetting the tragic candy crushers!! lmfao.
FLC. xxx

Reactions: Admin and Lace

Admin

Admin
15 September 2014
Facebook, the only place where it is acceptable to talk to a wall?!:rofl:
Ive had a facebook account since before it was trending. lol. I now never use it as its full of people bullshitting about how great their life is, yet they're constantly on there?!
And not forgetting the tragic candy crushers!! lmfao.
FLC. xxx

Same here, I had mine back in 2005 I think? We were testing it for rolling it out, and your reasons above, are exactly why I have closed mine down permanently this week. Or was it last? A few days ago nonetheless.. :D
Too much bullshit, too many people airing dirty laundry out in public.. Too much bitchiness..
meh I'd rather leave it. So I share the exact same sentiments as you :) x

Reactions: Lace