For The Love Of Cooking

• Please check your spam/junk folder after registration, for your email. Thank you
Welcome to our Swinging Community
Join now to meet other like-minded swingers.
26 July 2016
City
Bolton
I dont have the time to cook often but i do love doing it.
I like to free style and just go with how i feel but also like inspiration from other people.
I love our slow cookers and find i can adapt most things to work in them.
So anyone wanna share some of your fave recipies with us.

10 July 2018
Cooking is one of those things that I just don’t ‘get’. I mean, I can do the very basics, and it’s edible, and have attempted on occasion to do something more ambitious, but I genuinely don’t understand the pleasure people get from either cooking, preparing or eating food.

It’s mainly just fuel for me. Some is nicer than others, but yeah, in the main: fuel.

I’m genuinely impressed by those who get something from the preparation or the eating of food.

Reactions: Deleted member 6485
26 July 2016
City
Bolton
Cooking is one of those things that I just don’t ‘get’. I mean, I can do the very basics, and it’s edible, and have attempted on occasion to do something more ambitious, but I genuinely don’t understand the pleasure people get from either cooking, preparing or eating food.

It’s mainly just fuel for me. Some is nicer than others, but yeah, in the main: fuel.

I’m genuinely impressed by those who get something from the preparation or the eating of food.
Love making it and eating it - I find most folks over complicate it for no reason

Vanezza

Stud Muffin
11 May 2017
Love cooking but I don't do it much, I made a chicken bati on Tuesday and it was gorgeous, Neil made cheeseburger nachos on Monday messy finger food and so good. Check out Barry Lewis @my virgin kitchen he's awesome

Vxxx

26 July 2016
City
Bolton
Love cooking but I don't do it much, I made a chicken bati on Tuesday and it was gorgeous, Neil made cheeseburger nachos on Monday messy finger food and so good. Check out Barry Lewis @my virgin kitchen he's awesome

Vxxx
So come on spill we need the details of the Balti so i can have a go making it myself

26 July 2016
City
Bolton
Ok gonna give you my all time fave that i have adapted for the slow cooker and ease of making it.
Assuming 2 people are eating ok
2 skinless chicken breasts
1 Teaspoon thyme
0.5 Teaspoon rock salt
0.25 Teaspoon Pepper
2 Tablespoons Butter
0.5 cup hot water
Juice of 1 lemon
4 cloves Garlic Crushed
1 chicken stock cube
1 Teaspoon fresh minced Parsley

Combine in a bowl Thyme, Salt, Pepper and rub into chicken using all of it
In a large frying pan heat the butter then brown the chicken then put chicken in slow cooker.
Add to the frying pan Boiling water, Lemon, Garlic, and stockand bring to the boil making sure you loosen all the stuck bits from before
Add the lot to the slow cooker and cook the lot for 3 hours on high or 5 on low
Add parsley 30 mins before end.
Good news is its only 3 carbs per person (cook some nice rice and let it soak up them juices)

Reactions: Arb

Vanezza

Stud Muffin
11 May 2017
So come on spill we need the details of the Balti so i can have a go making it myself

Well it's a bati spice mix by that company beginning with s I can't pronounce or spell it lol basically soften onions for a few mins, add chicken with spice mix and stir to coat for a couple of mins, add tomato puree and green peppers stir for couple of mins again and then add a can of chopped tomatoes and simmer for 10 to 15 mins stirring occasionally. Added about 200ml of water gradually to lesson the thickness a bit to give it that sauce texture and you done. Neil made flat bread too which was good.

Vxxx

26 July 2016
City
Bolton
Well it's a bati spice mix by that company beginning with s I can't pronounce or spell it lol basically soften onions for a few mins, add chicken with spice mix and stir to coat for a couple of mins, add tomato puree and green peppers stir for couple of mins again and then add a can of chopped tomatoes and simmer for 10 to 15 mins stirring occasionally. Added about 200ml of water gradually to lesson the thickness a bit to give it that sauce texture and you done. Neil made flat bread too which was good.

Vxxx
Sounds lovely

Reactions: Vanezza
19 March 2015
I dont have the time to cook often but i do love doing it.
I like to free style and just go with how i feel but also like inspiration from other people.
I love our slow cookers and find i can adapt most things to work in them.
So anyone wanna share some of your fave recipies with us.
I’ve been waiting for three years for this thread. :tiphat:
I shall return at some point to it. :D (y)

Reactions: Pearls
4 July 2017
City
Glastonbury
Two meals that I cook often-ish that people seem to want more of:

(easy one)

Cook pasta of your choice
Fry some bacon and then some mushrooms in the same pan
Combine all with a generous dollop of green pesto and a little bit of cheddar.

Quick and tasty

4 July 2017
City
Glastonbury
(slightly more complicated but not really)

Chicken & chorizo

• Pasta of you choice
  • Heat some oil & a bit of butter in a pan. Add 100g of sliced chorizo and 2 diced chicken breast.
  • Cook on medium for a bit until the chicken is cooked on the outside and the chorizo renders the paprika oil in the pan.
  • Take out the chicken & chorizo.
  • Put 1 diced onion and 2-3 garlic cloves (minced) into the pan/the chorizo oil and fry until softened.
  • Put the chicken & chorizo back in.
  • Add a large glass of red wine to the mixture and simmer until the wine is reduced
  • Add 1 tin chopped tomatoes & 2 tbsp tomato puree.
  • Add 1 chicken stock cube, season.
  • Chop and add 4-5 basil leaves and crumble 50g of cheddar.
  • Simmer until thickened.
  • Garnish with chopped basil and grated parmesan
  • Serve with the pasta, a green salad and/or garlic bread

4 July 2017
City
Glastonbury
I knew someone would appreciate my chicken :D
It's like my outlaws - solid meat n' two veg types - only they always manage to murder the meat.

Pork/chicken - need to be cooked well, but not over done.
Beef/lamb/game - nah, have it as rare as you dare. Tastes fuckin' beautiful

Arb

3 September 2017
City
Oxford
Two meals that I cook often-ish that people seem to want more of:

(easy one)

Cook pasta of your choice
Fry some bacon and then some mushrooms in the same pan
Combine all with a generous dollop of green pesto and a little bit of cheddar.

Quick and tasty

Giving this a go tonight..

Reactions: BoltonBiFemCpl
19 March 2015
Moules Mariniere. What we had last night for dinner and was delicious;
Full bulb of garlic.
Half a bottle of dry white wine.
About 8 shallots.
Good bunch of fresh curly parsley.
350-400ml of fish stock.
Pot of cream. (Single or double for a richer texture).
Knob of butter.
Crusty bread.
As many mussels as you think you’d need. We used 400g of Spanish mussels last night.

So make your fishtock using stock cubes. For about 400 ml, three is about right.
Very finely dice the shallots, crush all but three cloves of garlic and chop the parsley.
With the cloves left, slice them thinly.

Grab a medium to large based saucepan.
Fry the shallots in the butter for a few minutes until sweating, then add the crushed garlic.
Fry again until sweating but not browning.
Add the wine to the hot pan and then add parsley keeping a good pinch back for now.
Add the sliced garlic.
Then add the fish stock and cream and allow to cook on a low heat with the lid on for about one hour.
It’s normal for everything to separate as you want it to curdle. Eventually it will come together.
Keep stirring regularly and add some black pepper.
Taste and adjust the seasoning as you go. You shouldn’t need salt but season to taste.

Finally add the last handful of parsley and keep a sprinkle back for decoration, add the mussels and cook thoroughly.
Ditch any that don’t open.
Or what you can also do is cook them separately in water, then add some of that water into the sauce.
If doing that, cook until they open and discard any that don’t. Drain them and add them to the sauce for about 3-4 minutes or until ready to serve.
Then serve with a sprinkle of parsley, crusty bread and good wine. ;) x

36EA7014-C926-420E-A972-813174FD4708.jpeg

26 July 2016
City
Bolton
Moules Mariniere. What we had last night for dinner and was delicious;
Full bulb of garlic.
Half a bottle of dry white wine.
About 8 shallots.
Good bunch of fresh curly parsley.
350-400ml of fish stock.
Pot of cream. (Single or double for a richer texture).
Knob of butter.
Crusty bread.
As many mussels as you think you’d need. We used 400g of Spanish mussels last night.

So make your fishtock using stock cubes. For about 400 ml, three is about right.
Very finely dice the shallots, crush all but three cloves of garlic and chop the parsley.
With the cloves left, slice them thinly.

Grab a medium to large based saucepan.
Fry the shallots in the butter for a few minutes until sweating, then add the crushed garlic.
Fry again until sweating but not browning.
Add the wine to the hot pan and then add parsley keeping a good pinch back for now.
Add the sliced garlic.
Then add the fish stock and cream and allow to cook on a low heat with the lid on for about one hour.
It’s normal for everything to separate as you want it to curdle. Eventually it will come together.
Keep stirring regularly and add some black pepper.
Taste and adjust the seasoning as you go. You shouldn’t need salt but season to taste.

Finally add the last handful of parsley and keep a sprinkle back for decoration, add the mussels and cook thoroughly.
Ditch any that don’t open.
Or what you can also do is cook them separately in water, then add some of that water into the sauce.
If doing that, cook until they open and discard any that don’t. Drain them and add them to the sauce for about 3-4 minutes or until ready to serve.
Then serve with a sprinkle of parsley, crusty bread and good wine. ;) x

View attachment 56160
I sounds like the kinda thing the wife would have or make so i will show her - wont be trying this any time soon as i am very allergic to any kinda fish so even touching 1 muscle with my finger could very easily kill me within a few seconds. Eppy pen at the ready and no sex for a week if she cooks this lol