Let's Talk... Money!

• Please check your spam/junk folder after registration, for your email. Thank you
Welcome to our Swinging Community
Join now to meet other like-minded swingers.
19 March 2015
Morning sexy peeps,
Let's talk about money and the lifestyle.. Does this lifestyle cost you more than you'd expect it to?
Do you set aside extra pennies every week or so, so you can get to the clubs once a month, or fortnightly or even every weekend?
Not even for clubs perhaps, even for home meets - such as fine meals, drinks and so on?

Does it cost you more in lingerie and toys and equipment, hotels, travelling.. etc?
Do you account for things in your budget for the lifestyle and the fun you have, remembering we will all travel a fair bit if need be, to meet with friends..

Is it a big factor for you and your chosen lifestyle?
Or is it not a problem and you just see it as another expense in life?
;) x

12 January 2016
City
Cambridge
What's the point of comparison? If the alternative is sitting in front of the TV (television!) all evening then sure, its more expensive, but compared to going out to dinner and a movie once a week we find its a positive saving.

If we visit a club it costs about the same though we don't get dinner, mind you our favourites have good buffets!

As far as private meets are concerned, no contest; nothing else is more fun for less money!

To cap it all, in either case we eat less and get a lot of exercise so all-in-all its positively good for the health. Maybe they should promote this as part of the government's Change 4 Life initiative?

Pearls

MOTM

18 July 2015
What's the point of comparison? If the alternative is sitting in front of the TV (television!) all evening then sure, its more expensive, but compared to going out to dinner and a movie once a week we find its a positive saving.

If we visit a club it costs about the same though we don't get dinner, mind you our favourites have good buffets!

As far as private meets are concerned, no contest; nothing else is more fun for less money!

To cap it all, in either case we eat less and get a lot of exercise so all-in-all its positively good for the health. Maybe they should promote this as part of the government's Change 4 Life initiative?
(y)

D

Deleted member 1402

Good reply (y)

S

Scrunchy&Muffet

Weve found it difficukt financially. If we are attending a big social then we need to plan in advance because obviously theres overnight costs....drinks....fuel...food to think about thats without outfits etc. So yeah for us it rakes plenty of planning. We are on a budget and even more so due ro recent events but its something we enjoy so we so it one way or another. Everyones entitled to a treat now and then arent they? Xxxxx

M

meet_the_fockers

Hmmm
We used to go to our local club. We are lucky its.. 10 mins in a taxi. We met freinds there and it was a cheap night out for us we took our own drinks.
Prob being..
although everyone was lovely and we had a good network of freinds, they werent freinds we would have played with and vica versa. So it was like a night out in our local.
We are lucky in the fact we live in the midst of a lot of swinging clubs.
When someone comes over.. we will either meet them at the station.. or have been known to pick them up.
We obviously buy.. drinks.. nibbles.. and usually flowers for a lady. So not much expense at all.
Most expense for us.. is obviously Large social meets.
Miles away large get togethers ie VA mingles.. underwear, dress- if theres a theme.
Hotel fees etc etc.. drinks food.. this does sometimes curtail our activities.
As im sure it does most.
Plus we are finding most of the people we would like to meet socially also.. are miles away.. ie mingles this weekend is just not do-able... the train fare is around £100.00 each .. before we even get there.
In all honesty id probably rather spend the money on our little boy.. guessing theres a little pang of guilt there too.
We are partying and hes stuck here.. so its not always the money.
But most of the time at the moment it is. X

M

meet_the_fockers

Ha love it.. x part of your five-a-day.

D

Deleted member 1402

I don't spend a lot unless I'm having to stay over in a hotel.
Usually I just pay my fuel and up to £10 entry fee.
Most of my lingerie is free or bought out of the sales.

Reactions: Pearls
10 December 2015
City
Barnard Castle
Maybe more in petrol then I am used too..lol and maybe bottles of plonk but it just as if I was visiting friends anyway, I normally don't go to a friends without taking something with me..so no the lifestyle don't cost me much more then normal :)

Reactions: Admin and Pearls
27 May 2016
City
Grimsby
Yes, it costs, and takes some planning. We live in a part of the country where there just aren't any clubs nearby. So we have to take into account travel, hotel accommodation, food, drinks, club membership and entrance fees. It certainly adds up.
And now we've discovered lifestyle resorts, it's difficult to holiday anywhere else, and these places come at a premium.

Therapon

Admin
11 August 2015
I never really thought this before so haven't really considered the costs. Like most others if I go to a club, socials or travel to a meet then obviously there are costs involved (entrance fees, petrol, accommodation, drinks, meals etc) so to me it's simply a case of can I afford it at the time, if so then I go, if not then I don't.

Reactions: Pearls
19 March 2015
Some excellent replies all..
Of course, expenses have to be taken into consideration for most of us. Whether it be for clubbing or simply entertaining at home.
It can seriously add up, but as mentioned - it's better than being sat at home watching the box or whatever else that's inanely boring.