Man Caves

• Please check your spam/junk folder after registration, for your email. Thank you
Welcome to our Swinging Community
Join now to meet other like-minded swingers.
26 July 2016
Do you have one? whats in yours?

I do, well it's more shed than cave, mine is home to my milling machine and lathe and tooling they're both quite small as engineering equipment goes but big enough to do what I want. Which is more than can be said about the shed. So the rest of the boys toys, the pedistal drill, bandsaw, compressor, bench grinder and welder have to go in the garage which tends to get used as a general dumping ground by my sister, kids bike, scooter 5x2ft fish tank and other junk she puts in there on it's way to the tip.

I'd love to be able to spend more time in my shed but it's bloody cold in there even with a heater on also I've not been well enough to spend much time doing anything much but laying down.

Attachments

• DSC_0001.25%.jpg
    DSC_0001.25%.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 47

Admin

Admin
15 September 2014
Do you have one? whats in yours?

I do, well it's more shed than cave, mine is home to my milling machine and lathe and tooling they're both quite small as engineering equipment goes but big enough to do what I want. Which is more than can be said about the shed. So the rest of the boys toys, the pedistal drill, bandsaw, compressor, bench grinder and welder have to go in the garage which tends to get used as a general dumping ground by my sister, kids bike, scooter 5x2ft fish tank and other junk she puts in there on it's way to the tip.

I'd love to be able to spend more time in my shed but it's bloody cold in there even with a heater on also I've not been well enough to spend much time doing anything much but laying down.
I love this.. Always wanted a proper milling machine and lathe etc. Would love to make my own things and just generally get mucky and be creative like that.. but don't have the room anymore.
What little room we have left in the garden, will be used for a shed pub and hot tub area.
But loving the look of it. Proper man cave that TD. ;) :D

26 July 2016
City
Bolton
Drawings! what's them? rough sketch back of an envelope does for me, it would be a fag packet but I don't smoke.

Seriously would love to get my hands on a decent CAD system I can understand, preferably for Linux, Windoze if I have to.
I have AutoCAD on disk some place if it would be any good to you let me know and I will see if I can find it

Reactions: Admin
26 July 2016
City
Bolton
I have my garage as my man cave but it also has to home my 2 motorbikes. I have carpeted the floor so I can sit down when working on the bikes. Its lovely and warm as the main house boiler is in the garage too

Reactions: Pearls
15 August 2015
Drawings! what's them? rough sketch back of an envelope does for me, it would be a fag packet but I don't smoke.

Seriously would love to get my hands on a decent CAD system I can understand, preferably for Linux, Windoze if I have to.
Should be a few free ones out there. Do you want 2D or 3D?

1 January 2017
City
Wrexham
that's mine. Cleared the scrap away now so i can crack on with preping my track car. Not been up there properly in a while so looking forwards to getting it back on the road.

Attachments

• WP_20160809_11_23_34_Pro.jpg
    WP_20160809_11_23_34_Pro.jpg
    484 KB · Views: 32
26 July 2016
I have AutoCAD on disk some place if it would be any good to you let me know and I will see if I can find it

Hmm AutoCad, they've been going quite a while, supposed to be good, tell me more (y)
Should be a few free ones out there. Do you want 2D or 3D?

I've tried to install a few of the free ones on the Linux machine but with little success, 2D would be fine, then once I got the hang of that maybe think about 3D

Reactions: Pearls and Admin
1 January 2017
City
Wrexham
Give a woman a house and she will make you a home :
Give a man a shed and he will make a cave :
:rofl:
Loin cloth included (y)

that sounds like one of them charity slogans

give a man a fish he will eat for a day.
give him a fishing rod................................he'll probably sell it and buy a fish

26 July 2016
The last retreat from the nagging :)
Got mine in the loft conversion , no tools or lathes unfortunately, just weights and a shit load of guitars ,amps and recording equipment. Which also come in handy for drowning out the nagging if anyone dares follow me up there :)