Mobile devices at night and sleep

• Please check your spam/junk folder after registration, for your email. Thank you
Welcome to our Swinging Community
Join now to meet other like-minded swingers.
D

Deleted member 10361

We both use our phones for the alarm, both set at different times as I’m up before him and on silent. I have a disrupted sleep most night for one reason or another and used to look at my phone all the time, I stopped doing it as realised I couldn’t get back to sleep, my sleep pattern is still not good but I can manage to drop back off easier now.

5 July 2016
City
Ossett
We both use our phones for the alarm, both set at different times as I’m up before him and on silent. I have a disrupted sleep most night for one reason or another and used to look at my phone all the time, I stopped doing it as realised I couldn’t get back to sleep, my sleep pattern is still not good but I can manage to drop back off easier now.
Kaz always wakes up and checks her phone and then can't put it down again. It drives me bonkers when she wakes me up with the phonelight or the noises if she starts playing games.

B x

MP386

MOTM

9 November 2015
I have two alarms plus I do use my phone as well .... don’t like being late ...
I should put it down earlier but being here don’t always help lots of distractions :whistle:
And not having anyone to keep me occupied ;) sometimes you need a little something to stimulate the brain for that moment :X3: :D...

26 July 2016
City
Bolton
Whilst away i have my work mobile well and truly switched off as soon as i am outta work - My prsonal one is also my alarm but it never pings or anything cos everyone knows its emergency only - At home folks have to remind me its called mobile for a reason as i constantly leave it at home. Mrs B wont even have a personal phone and the work 1 is turned off or left in the office when works done. Cant stand folks on phones if we are out socially and i dont hold back telling them - They have an app for that its called RESPECT now put your bloody phone away.

Vanezza

Stud Muffin
11 May 2017
I'm a night owl so always up to the small hours in the morning and when I leave here to stay at my mum's I need my phone for contact with Neil, I have a laptop, yes but it is in a funny position to type on so I use my phone to do that. I also use my phone as an alarm and have music alarms I just can't stand standard alarm clock beeps plus I hate being up late so have 3 different alarm times. I can actually fall asleep on a washing line so sleep isn't disturbed, and I get insomnia too sometimes but even then I would watch something or read.

Vxxx

D

Deleted member 6684

Interesting thread. Like @Therapon i do take my phone to bed, on the bedside table, on silent and face down so that no light on the phone will wake me up. I only look at the phone 99% of the time to look at the time if i wake up. On rare occassions when i dont sleep i do meddle with my phone but on most nights i have good self-control to not look at my phone. I used to be bad especially with work emails but now i am very controlled as i learnt things the hard way as my quality of life took a hit from being switched on mentally.

This is my way of coping... i cant take an alarm clock as the tick of the clock pr the light from the digital clock bothers me. I have always been a light sleeper.

4 July 2017
City
Glastonbury
So as you know @Admin and I always have a lunch together, catch up with things and listen to Jeremy Vine.:whistle:
One of today's topics is going to bed with your mobile phone.

So first caller, female, 39yrs old can not go to bed without her mobile or she will end up being depressed.. :confused: No comment to that.

Second caller, male in his 40s who has to take his mobile to bed just in case there is a fire.
He said the land line would burn out so he wouldn't be able to raise the alarm.
So at first I thought ok good point but then I thought if there was a fire down stairs and myself and my family were upstairs then using a phone would just delay my escape, it's simple, get out, stay out and then raise the alarm.

We do not take mobile devices to bed and never would for mainly health reasons but most of all because why would we want to?:sneaky:

Is society becoming so obsessed we are forgetting basic living.

Over to you folks (y)
Quite happily live without it