New potential (vertical) partner

• Please check your spam/junk folder after registration, for your email. Thank you
Welcome to our Swinging Community
Join now to meet other like-minded swingers.
25 February 2016
I was going to update my status with the text below, but it occurred to me that it may be worth posting. So, for the single people in the lifestyle, at what point do you tell a potential new partner that we love to swing? Or, for the couples here, at what point in the relationship did you broach the subject? Here's what I was going to put in my status:

I am really happy, because I have met a woman who I really like (in an ordinary bar, not a swinging club). After knowing her for two weeks I decided it was the right time to tell her about my intimate/private/personal/swinging side and risk our new and blossoming relationship. If she is totally against it, better that we go our separate ways before we get too involved and risk the hurt. She listened intently, with interest and without judging, criticising or condemning me. She said she found it really interesting (and I think she found it exciting) and she also told me about an ex-boyfriend who she still currently meets just for sex. She was pleased that I understand that women have sexual needs as well as men, and that I don't condemn her, nor am I jealous, nor am I demanding that she ends that relationship. Who knows, maybe she has a voracious sexual appetite that's too much for me, and maybe I will need his help to keep her satisfied. So I am really happy and excited!

To me, sexual compatibility is extremely important, and hiding something as major as this from a prospective partner (because to me, it is major) is tantamount to lying. By talking about it too soon, we risk offending and/or losing a potential partner. By not approaching the subject at all, we risk losing a very pleasurable shared pastime.

So at what point do you (or did you) approach the subject, assuming you didn't meet in a swinging club?

25 February 2016
It looks like everyone else is waiting to see what everyone else says first.... :lol:

D

Deleted member 22630

Since no one has responded

I have had sometime to gauge how I would approach

And as Guru G said... I don't tell anyone... But if they're honest enough to share it with me then I will be open and honest too. Too many people with their own opinions on what I should be doing with my personal life for me to feel comfortable with sharing how I want to experience life

Reactions: Pearls
Ragdoll

MOTM

31 July 2022
Hi AlmeriaH if you like her don't worry about what might happen in the future. Go out with her, enjoy what you have today, life is short and someone once told me you only regret the things you don't do in life.
If things progress and you end up being a regular couple you could broach the subject slowly, rather than having a huge reveal 😱.
I suppose it depends how active you are in the lifestyle, if she is still seeing an ex she sounds like she is an open lady.

25 February 2016
Hi AlmeriaH if you like her don't worry about what might happen in the future. Go out with her, enjoy what you have today, life is short and someone once told me you only regret the things you don't do in life.
If things progress and you end up being a regular couple you could broach the subject slowly, rather than having a huge reveal 😱.
I suppose it depends how active you are in the lifestyle, if she is still seeing an ex she sounds like she is an open lady.

Thanks for your message, Julie.

You are absolutely right. Life is for enjoying, and we only live once. We will see if we end up being a regular couple, but I am too late to broach the subject slowly, as I told her in one hit. I was really lucky, as she was fascinated and wanted to know more. She was excited by what I was telling her.

I am not very active in the lifestyle, because of my age (I think) and also because I am also very choosy. Not your average bloke, I'm sure. Yes, she still sees an ex, so she is an open relationship which I am not used to. I have told her that I would be more than happy to share her, she knows that I think sharing a woman is very erotic and that a woman who enjoys that is incredibly horny. I find her attractive the way she is, I don't want to impose any restrictions on her. She is a free spirit.

The good news I just spent the last 10 days on holiday in her home country with her. It was obviously going to be make or break, but fortunately it was not the latter! :D

Ragdoll

MOTM

31 July 2022
Thanks for your message, Julie.

You are absolutely right. Life is for enjoying, and we only live once. We will see if we end up being a regular couple, but I am too late to broach the subject slowly, as I told her in one hit. I was really lucky, as she was fascinated and wanted to know more. She was excited by what I was telling her.

I am not very active in the lifestyle, because of my age (I think) and also because I am also very choosy. Not your average bloke, I'm sure. Yes, she still sees an ex, so she is an open relationship which I am not used to. I have told her that I would be more than happy to share her, she knows that I think sharing a woman is very erotic and that a woman who enjoys that is incredibly horny. I find her attractive the way she is, I don't want to impose any restrictions on her. She is a free spirit.

The good news I just spent the last 10 days on holiday in her home country with her. It was obviously going to be make or break, but fortunately it was not the latter! :D
Time is the most valuable commodity in life, enjoy the special moments with the people you most care for. Don’t worry about the future, love will always find a way ❤️