No Show To Meets

• Please check your spam/junk folder after registration, for your email. Thank you
Welcome to our Swinging Community
Join now to meet other like-minded swingers.
26 July 2016
City
Bolton
What do folks think should happen to members who fail to show up for a planned meet.
We have all heard the excuse I missed the bus or it broke down and all that malarkey
Should they be named and shamed or maybe given a time out or even a ban of some kind.
Maybe they could have a little code under the PV and such tags saying waster or something along those lines just so we all know

Reactions: Pearls
D

Deleted member 1030

What do folks think should happen to members who fail to show up for a planned meet.
We have all heard the excuse I missed the bus or it broke down and all that malarkey
Should they be named and shamed or maybe given a time out or even a ban of some kind.
Maybe they could have a little code under the PV and such tags saying waster or something along those lines just so we all know
No, naming and shaming never works, simply because people abuse it and end up using it for mud-slinging and flaming. Also, one person's pathetic excuse is another person's solid reason.
We do have a safety measure on this site, though, where people can keep a log of your meets as a safety net within the site, keep a log of your meets and the member(s) you are meeting so should the worse happen (God forbid) then we have a log here and can hand this information over to the police if need be or just let us know where you are going and with whom - especially if you don't have your own safety net https://socialswinging.com/threads/safety-on-meets-implemented-about.2513/ (y)

Reactions: Pilipala81
D

Deleted member 5725

If I had known. Could have made the numbers up as was only in Oldham lol .
Bit harsh picking on her when she is asleep :sleep:

Lovernotfighter

MOTM

3 February 2016
City
York
Naming and shaming is never a good idea, just leads to arguements and others getting dragged in to arguements we all know how school yardy the internet gets.

M

meet_the_fockers

Lol nowt to do with me.. yes picking on me whilst asleep!! Thankyou.. @Happycampers for upholding my honour.

In all honesty as stated naming and shaming..
Though you maybe hoping mad at the time.. they may actually be telling the truth.
Having said that, if they are a repeat no shower over and over again.
Well my thoughts on naming and shaming maybe a little different. :D

I'm sure this bus has taken a wrong turning.. :D x

26 April 2015
City
Haverfordwest
Have we not all been guilty of being unable to make an arranged meet at some point?

I know I've had to cancel a few times on different folks, usually real life, family, work, finances getting in the way.

26 July 2016
City
Bolton
Have we not all been guilty of being unable to make an arranged meet at some point?

I know I've had to cancel a few times on different folks, usually real life, family, work, finances getting in the way.
Nope never been guilty of anything bad only good things. Ask Mrs B she will tell ya.

Admin

Admin
15 September 2014
Okay. Have been watching this thread with interest as of course, it's quite important to know about feelings relating to no shows.

Whilst we will not and cannot condone "outing" people, it's always handy for us to know about specific people and if they're repeat no shows or letting a lot of people down regularly and pretty much time wasting.

Real life often gets in the way, of which none of us can always avoid, but if there is someone who is always not attending socials when placing their name down, or always failing to show on meets when arranged, then we would of course be keen to know.

No, naming and shaming never works, simply because people abuse it and end up using it for mud-slinging and flaming. Also, one person's pathetic excuse is another person's solid reason.
We do have a safety measure on this site, though, where people can keep a log of your meets as a safety net within the site, keep a log of your meets and the member(s) you are meeting so should the worse happen (God forbid) then we have a log here and can hand this information over to the police if need be or just let us know where you are going and with whom - especially if you don't have your own safety net https://socialswinging.com/threads/safety-on-meets-implemented-about.2513/ (y)
Indeed and I can't stress enough that this area has been put in place to help protect you and allow you to leave a trace log should you need it.
We also have a complaints area where you can put a complaint in and we can review it from there.

So if we had 20 complaints about Bob Jones not showing up for meets and socials, we'd know he's no good for the site or for you guys.

I must point out that no one else will see your posts aside from staff.
You will not see anyone else's posts which is why it shows as private and why you can't see the posts in that section. :)

Reactions: Therapon
M

meet_the_fockers

@ Ermmmm are you still on that bus.
To think I started this thread as a laugh its gone rather serious
I'm in Bloody Bognor Regis how the hell did I end up there? Bloody buses!!
I'm starving I'm sure i got on the 83? God damn it!

Reactions: Pearls