North Uk 2015 Floods....

• Please check your spam/junk folder after registration, for your email. Thank you
Welcome to our Swinging Community
Join now to meet other like-minded swingers.

Admin

Admin
15 September 2014
Hello Sexy Peeps,
Well as we know Cumbria is taking a hammering again poor buggers :(
We have a good friend there, @kopinov - are you safe and okay mate?

What we've seen in the news is dreadful.. These poor people are suffering tremendously. Third time in a row within weeks.
Do you know anyone there who is affected? We know of two people from our online presence..
Do you have any family there who is or could be affected?

What's worse is the flooding is now fast becoming more widespread..
It's terrible and we can really feel how bad this is for people - especially given the time of year being Christmas and everything...

I will place a link in this thread for the Cumbria Flood Appeal.
I just feel for all of these people who've been displaced and badly affected by this horrendous flooding.

I hope the government and our troops can help and even help all of these helpless people.....

Here's the link for the Cumbria Flood Appeal..
Cumbria Flood Appeal 2015 - Cumbria Community Foundation

K

kopinov

I'm fine thanks. I managed to see the worst of it coming and was able to get my flood defences in place in good time - so damage is relatively minor, though there was a great deal of damage lower down the valley.
A lot of my friends were less lucky so I'll be joining them in their recovery work.
Travelling around the county, the damage is huge. We've lost a number of main arterial roads and quite a few bridges - it's going to take a while to get things back to how they were before.

Reactions: Therapon and Admin

Admin

Admin
15 September 2014
I'm fine thanks. I managed to see the worst of it coming and was able to get my flood defences in place in good time - so damage is relatively minor, though there was a great deal of damage lower down the valley.
A lot of my friends were less lucky so I'll be joining them in their recovery work.
Travelling around the county, the damage is huge. We've lost a number of main arterial roads and quite a few bridges - it's going to take a while to get things back to how they were before.
Yes I can believe that, such a bad mess and of course, it's more widespread now too.. It's an awful situation for all of you up there.
Glad you are out of the way of it all, sorry to hear your friends aren't so lucky!

Reactions: kopinov
K

kopinov

It's not that long since the damage from the last lot of floods was cleaned up and the roads and bridges we lost then rebuilt, so it's a bit depressing that we're seeing it happen all over again - not only that, but seeing it happen more widespread around the country too. I really feel for those in Lancashire and Yorkshire.
I guess this is what happens when you gradually dismantle the state - when you cut its capacity to deal with the unexpected. The simple fact is that if you voted for more austerity and cuts then you voted for this - well done you.
To add insult to injury, that spoon-faced pig fucker arrived here pretending to 'coordinate' the response effort, when all he did was spout a load of brazen lies about how flood defence funding had increased under his leadership when, in fact, it has been cut vastly in real terms.
It's pretty clear to me that we need to adopt a whole new approach to how we manage our land resources and river catchments - indeed, I've been arguing the case for that for over 20 years. Perhaps people will now start to wake up.

Reactions: Looby&Lew and Admin

Admin

Admin
15 September 2014
I guess this is what happens when you gradually dismantle the state - when you cut its capacity to deal with the unexpected. The simple fact is that if you voted for more austerity and cuts then you voted for this - well done you.
To add insult to injury, that spoon-faced pig fucker arrived here pretending to 'coordinate' the response effort, when all he did was spout a load of brazen lies about how flood defence funding had increased under his leadership when, in fact, it has been cut vastly in real terms.
I completely agree. This is mostly down to the fact that there's been cuts upon cuts, for austerity measures.
In reality this is what it does.
Sad and shocking..

Reactions: kopinov