Positivity

• Please check your spam/junk folder after registration, for your email. Thank you
Welcome to our Swinging Community
Join now to meet other like-minded swingers.
1 September 2018
City
Cardiff
Earlier discussions have me in a philosophical mood so I thought I would try to verbalise my own inner thoughts on a happy existence and maybe hear others thoughts.

I am a firm believer in positivity, I always try to look for the upside of any event in my life, rather than letting rejection,disappointment or set back upset or negatively impact my life in any way.

I have two very good examples of this to share.

1. When fourteen my father decided he no longer wanted to be part of the family and moved on with someone else. At that age I first felt hurt/rejected but made a conscious effort to think. O.K so no father but so what, thinking badly of him for his choice would only make me have negative thoughts, so just dont care. I now have no ill will towards him, I just dont care and have no interest in his life. Just like I have no interest in the lives of most of the people in this world. I dont hate, I just concentrate on loving those who are in my life and mean something to me. That doesnt mean I wouldnt pull him out of a burning house but I would pull anyone out of a burning house. I want people in my life who contribute positively to my own life. This belief has followed me through to adulthood, if people cross me or do wrong to me I generally give them one chance , it if happens again than I move on and forget all about them.

2. Just after I left military service and started to reconnect with old friends I met a girl, we dated, slept together once. Then started introducing her to friends, long story short she started shagging one of my mates. Now I could of got upset/angry/violent with him or her but instead thought O.K. so she is not gonna be my partner and he is just doing what is right for his journey. So wished them luck in life and moved on to better things, again no negative thoughts to lower my mood, just not caring.

These might make me seem cold and uncaring but I think the opposite, I am extremely caring to those that are part of my life. Also very generous and want to brighten the lives of those around me any way I can. But if someone doesnt want to be part of my life in a positive way then I just dont let it bother me and forget them. This has helped greatly with the whole rejection thing, if I offer or suggest a meet/relationship/dinner anything and the person says no not interested in then fine it wont negatively affect my positivity.

Anyway enough half drunk rambling.

STAY POSITIVE AND ENJOY THIS WONDERFUL LIFE

Xx G

19 March 2015
Earlier discussions have me in a philosophical mood so I thought I would try to verbalise my own inner thoughts on a happy existence and maybe hear others thoughts.

I am a firm believer in positivity, I always try to look for the upside of any event in my life, rather than letting rejection,disappointment or set back upset or negatively impact my life in any way.

1. When fourteen my father decided he no longer wanted to be part of the family and moved on with someone else. At that age I first felt hurt/rejected but made a conscious effort to think. O.K so no father but so what, thinking badly of him for his choice would only make me have negative thoughts, so just dont care. I now have no ill will towards him, I just dont care and have no interest in his life. Just like I have no interest in the lives of most of the people in this world. I dont hate, I just concentrate on loving those who are in my life and mean something to me. That doesnt mean I wouldnt pull him out of a burning house but I would pull anyone out of a burning house. I want people in my life who contribute positively to my own life. This belief has followed me through to adulthood, if people cross me or do wrong to me I generally give them one chance , it if happens again than I move on and forget all about them.

2. Just after I left military service and started to reconnect with old friends I met a girl, we dated, slept together once. Then started introducing her to friends, long story short she started shagging one of my mates. Now I could of got upset/angry/violent with him or her but instead thought O.K. so she is not gonna be my partner and he is just doing what is right for his journey. So wished them luck in life and moved on to better things, again no negative thoughts to lower my mood, just not caring.

These might make me seem cold and uncaring but I think the opposite, I am extremely caring to those that are part of my life. Also very generous and want to brighten the lives of those around me any way I can. But if someone doesnt want to be part of my life in a positive way then I just dont let it bother me and forget them. This has helped greatly with the whole rejection thing, if I offer or suggest a meet/relationship/dinner anything and the person says no not interested in then fine it wont negatively affect my positivity.

Xx G
Not rambling at all!
But... what happens to us when we're growing up - in one way or the other, whether we like it or not, has an effect of sorts.
Aye we were the same; hurt us .. okay we will take that on the chin, hurt us again, okay.. that one is an added freebie.. then we seemed to kind of allow it to happen.
As of more recently, we've realised that we cannot afford to spare the same kind of feelings of this, to others who don't have the same ilk.
So it's always tricky as you don't want to appear that you are no longer giving a shit - when you actually do.
Rejection is a funny thing. Being told no is rejection, being led up and let down is something else. A big line between the two; for some people not all.
Anyway, so sounds like you're a very forgiving person yes?
So forgive yourself, tomorrow and tonight, for pouring yerself another - and make it a good un. :D ;) x

26 March 2018
City
London
Your opening post could almost have been written by me; my dad did similar when I was 15, and I have the same feelings (well non-feelings) about him.

My ex-wife and (so called) mate started shagging each other, they are still together but they’ve never seemed happy from what my sons have mentioned over the years, and 20+ years later she hates that I am extremely happy.

We, as a couple have a mantra, no matter how shit the day is we always try and find some joy in it

Tog

10 July 2018
Ours is regret nothing, if you fuck up dont regret doing it just learn from it and dont make the same mistake. Dont allow negative feelings in by regretting actions just move on to the positives. X G

My ‘rules’:

1. It’s ok to make mistakes, but not to make the same mistake twice
2. It’s ok to regret, even to regret repeated mistakes, but never to brood on it.
3. The secret to reconciling 1 and 2 is to remember that life is a consecutive series of ‘well, it seemed like a good idea at the time…’

L

Louise94

What a brilliant outlook. :) I don’t think any of what you said makes you cold or uncaring - the most positive and level people I know set firm boundaries that support their own happiness and have high standards (obviously those standards will look very different for each individual) for the people who are or want to become a constant in their lives.

Where I’ve struggled in the past but am, on the whole, pleased to say I’ve made a lot of progress is admitting to myself that I feel rejected/disappointed/upset. I used to waste so much energy on denying I was feeling uncomfortable and it would end up negatively impacting my life. I would feel heavy, drained, tired...holding all this tension in my body.

Part of being positive, for me, perhaps rather strangely is owning and naming those feelings, giving myself permission to feel them fully and releasing them. Ultimately, holding onto negativity hurts nobody but you.

Xxx

Last edited by a moderator:
20 February 2018
City
Derby
What a fantastic thread :)

This life is so short, there's so much to enjoy, if we can be open to it.

Negative energy and hatred just wastes our own life and can impact terribly on others in some cases.

My thinking is to try and enjoy every day, at least a little bit, and try to let the negative stuff wash over me.

1 September 2018
City
Cardiff
What a fantastic thread :)

This life is so short, there's so much to enjoy, if we can be open to it.

Negative energy and hatred just wastes our own life and can impact terribly on others in some cases.

My thinking is to try and enjoy every day, at least a little bit, and try to let the negative stuff wash over me.
Exactly. Well put, Sir. And I must say, you certainly seemed to me to have a positive energy when we met at the birthday bash in March. I'm not into "auras", that's just weird to me, but a first impression like yours is rare, and people shouldn't fuck with open minds like those many seem to have here. XxRy

D

Deleted member 13437

Xx G
Awesome post G. If everyone did half as much forgiving and appreciated every breath they take and be thankful for all beautiful things around us, the world will be a better place.

Having said that, if we don't act on climate change, the land we live in will be under water and we need to start shagging mermaids.

1 September 2018
City
Cardiff
Awesome post G. If everyone did half as much forgiving and appreciated every breath they take and be thankful for all beautiful things around us, the world will be a better place.

Having said that, if we don't act on climate change, the land we live in will be under water and we need to start shagging mermaids.

I've said it before but Elon Musk will have us living on Mars before the need to shag mermaids so we can all be shagging Martians with three titties and twelve mouths. Ha

Reactions: Deleted member 6485
26 October 2018
I've said it before but Elon Musk will have us living on Mars before the need to shag mermaids so we can all be shagging Martians with three titties and twelve mouths. Ha
Hope one of the tittles is on their back ! It’s always a shame that we miss out on playing with them in a clinch !

D

Deleted member 13437

Let's get there in a Big Fucking Rocket (BFR) :)

10 July 2018
As long as he stays off the weed…

1 September 2018
City
Cardiff
I watched t
As long as he stays off the weed…
I watched that whole interview with how Rogan and I have never seen someone so unaccustomed with the smoking of weed. He held it , looked wuizically at it then had one tentative little puff and passed it straight back. Now I do not smoke weed but have in my teenage days and it was hilarious to watch him trying to fit in.