Recycling

• Please check your spam/junk folder after registration, for your email. Thank you
Welcome to our Swinging Community
Join now to meet other like-minded swingers.
10 July 2018
I have to ask you my friend, how much of this do you think is BS? I too am very sceptical about some of it. Some I believe is happening, is real is current.. Some though I distrust.
Also, as you've pointed out = governments & industry. They are the worst for all this and then persecute & hammer the little man as we 'all' have to accept a responsibility. Which I do get, but they need to do more man...
Well go and tell the Chinese that then. Go and punish the Mongolians because over there, it is fucking brutal and the air quality is toxic.
Seen the hate as well as love for Greta Thunberg? Sheesh.. :eek:
How much of the science around anthropogenic global climate change do I think is bullshit? Almost none of it. I’ll side with the 97% of science papers which say it’s happening and mankind is the reason.

How much of the ‘you must do this and it will help’ do I think is bullshit? I’ve no idea, but more, substantially more, than “almost none of it”.

Reactions: Therapon and Pearls
19 March 2015
Oh, don’t misunderstand me… my view is, simply, a numbers game:

If I do recycle, and do my bit etc., and it turns out there was no need (because in a few years, ‘science solves it all’), what are the chances I’ll regret having recycled, etc? I doubt I’ll regret it at all.

If I don’t recycle, and it turns out there was every need, what are the chances I’ll regret my attitude? Huge, I think. Massive.

So, makes sense, it’s perfectly rational, to ‘do my bit’, especially since doing so doesn’t [really] inconvenience me.

———————————————————————————-

On a tangential point, as a general rule of thumb, my asking:

‘if I do X and it goes tits up, how likely am I to regret it’

versus

‘if I do Y, and it goes tits up, how likely am I to regret it?’

does, I’ve found, help me in making binary decisions. A lot.
Yes makes perfect sense really. Some common sense approaches are needed here too.
How much of the ‘you must do this and it will help’ do I think is bullshit? I’ve no idea, but more, substantially more, than “almost none of it”.
Precisely. I don't think we will see, but our children will and theirs certainly. The next two generations will know about it that seems certain at least. :(

D

Deleted member 1463

I like the quote..
We dont need a handful of people doing zero waste perfectly, we need millions of people doing it imperfectly.

Reactions: Therapon