Referendum Result

• Please check your spam/junk folder after registration, for your email. Thank you
Welcome to our Swinging Community
Join now to meet other like-minded swingers.
S

Scrunchy&Muffet

This will all settle down in a few days. I think cameron had convinced himself that thepublic wouldnt vote against him but we did. The dust has to settle but it will and the pound will rise again.
We are perfectly able to run our country and agree trade agreements. Usa manage it....so can we. Xxxxx

A

Adam

OH Boy this will take our politicians about 10 years to sort out they are incapable of doing anything quickly and it will cost a fortune to do .........but we only have two years....we are in the poo

Next :

Welcome PM Boris Johnson

Goodbye Scotland

Border movement from France back to England

Final nail in coffin - Welcome President Trump (last one I'm still hoping won't happen - But then they did vote in W Bush!)

Reactions: Admin
2 September 2015
City
Crawley
Boris may not be as nailed on cert as I first thought....there may be some moderation in the conservative party now he's delivered what the backbenchers wanted....but as with the rest of it ....Who knows....but they need to get on with it....the only person I heard talk any sense in the whole campaign was Digby Jones, get him in to sort it out....

D

Deleted member 1402

We're the 5th strongest economy in the world & the US (1st) & Germany (4th) have confirmed they have every intention of continuing trading with us, realistically they'd be foolish not to. Who wouldn't want to trade with GB?
Are Germany going to cough up the shortfall in EU funding that Brexit has left, it's unlikely, no other EU country can.
The European Union is on its knees, GB & Germany will be, as they always have been, the economic strength of Europe.
If you think you can hear a constant noise in the distance & you're wondering what it is, thats the sound of the Germans knocking out a load of Deutschmarks, cos soon they'll be needed
Unfortunately we've now been placed 6th as France has taken over.
I reckon France will follow suit and leave the EU too.

B

Bump-n-Grind

Once we've regained some strength back in the pound after this initial dip we'll be back to 5th.
Think you're right & France will leave to, I can't see Germany hanging around either.

S

Scrunchy&Muffet

Germany won't stay because if they do there economy will have to shore up the rest of the underperforming EU countries.

Admin

Admin
15 September 2014
Next :
Welcome PM Boris Johnson
Goodbye Scotland
Border movement from France back to England
Final nail in coffin - Welcome President Trump (last one I'm still hoping won't happen - But then they did vote in W Bush!)
Not going to happen due to the nature of bilateral immigration treaties. They will remain unaffected.

We've had a temporary drop in the £ - which was anticipated and expected on Brexit. It will go back up. (y)
Once we've regained some strength back in the pound after this initial dip we'll be back to 5th.
Think you're right & France will leave to, I can't see Germany hanging around either.
More are asking to leave.. the list is getting bigger for those who want their own referendums.

M

Marky191268

Working for a French bank, that won't happen. There is a big fear in the City that overseas banks will pull out of London. That happens, then the country is in trouble. You may hate banks, and I understand why, but you need them. I am not getting into politics or how I voted, but suffice to say, the vote out may end up in me losing my job

Reactions: Handyguy59

Admin

Admin
15 September 2014
Working for a French bank, that won't happen. There is a big fear in the City that overseas banks will pull out of London. That happens, then the country is in trouble. You may hate banks, and I understand why, but you need them. I am not getting into politics or how I voted, but suffice to say, the vote out may end up in me losing my job
Highly unlikely - that major banks will pull out. They will be set to lose £billions per annum by doing so.
That sounds more like some scaremongering that's been going on.
What do they have to lose by staying? Nothing.. But by leaving, £bns. Won't happen.. No business is that stupid. We've too much of a strong economy.
I am willing to bet that your job will be safe as a result of Brexit.

M

Marky191268

Highly unlikely - that major banks will pull out. They will be set to lose £billions per annum by doing so.
That sounds more like some scaremongering that's been going on.
What do they have to lose by staying? Nothing.. But by leaving, £bns. Won't happen.. No business is that stupid. We've too much of a strong economy.
I am willing to bet that your job will be safe as a result of Brexit.
Mr A I am not looking for an argument firstly, just a debate. Already 2 Japanese banks have already said they are closing their branches in London. Also American banks are relocating staff to Dublin, and my bank are planning on doing the same. With us out of the EU, banks have to find ties with America, therefore banks need to head west, which means Ireland due to time zones. I can fully accept people opting out over Brussels laws and immigration issues but there is a saying "if it ain't broke, don't fix it"

B

Bump-n-Grind

America want to trade with the UK, Obama has been quoted that the "special relationship" with the UK will ensure that. Plus our our link to them through NATO will not be put in jeopardy by a refusal to trade & relocation of American banks.
The EU is on the brink of collapse

M

Marky191268

I accept your point, but Obama will not be president soon, there is a growing feeling in America that Trump (God forbid) will be the next president. And if that happens then he has his own ideas. He will trade with the UK off course. But I repeat, because of the time zone, it's easier to talk to Europe in Dublin

B

Bump-n-Grind

This maybe, but if the Union no longer exists then it's no use moving to Dublin. Brexit is no shock, the world has known that the Referendum was coming & the potential of a Brexit outcome,
London & Britain will not merely roll over & let Dublin take what they have.
We're British, we're resilient, we're skilled, we're clever & we've got a lot to offer the world.

M

Marky191268

I accept what you say, and love a debate. But all I know for fact is my bank is relocating to Dublin. There are tax and interest rate implications in it

Admin

Admin
15 September 2014
I'm out atm but will reply more thoroughly when back, but Mark AFAIK no one is arguing - only debating. Healthy debate is acceptable and expected on all forums, swinging sites too ;) no qualms my end my friend.

So your bank is definitely relocating to Ireland?

M

Marky191268

I'm out atm but will reply more thoroughly when back, but Mark AFAIK no one is arguing - only debating. Healthy debate is acceptable and expected on all forums, swinging sites too ;) no qualms my end my friend.

So your bank is definitely relocating to Ireland?
It's looking that way Mr A :(

B

Bump-n-Grind

Hopefully they won't, despite the uncertainty of Brexit our German owners at work have invested £100s of millions in our company

M

meet_the_fockers

The more I read about it the more confused i become.
My head is battered..
What will be will be.. not a lot we can do about it! I'm afraid.. No use locking the stable door after the horse has bolted.. so to speak..

Reactions: Therapon

Admin

Admin
15 September 2014
There's another 1million people have signed petitions for another vote, is utterly shocking. The vote happened, we're out - and the IN's want another vote and are campaigning hard to get it.

Reactions: Deleted member 1402
2 September 2015
City
Crawley
It will settle.. Don't be too pessimistic. We were great before the EU. There's more now than ever in the bloc and more to add.
Just think about that for a minute..
Just remember when we joined the EU we had 3 day weeks and regular Power cuts...or at least we didn't have big electricity bills or have to work too long (thanks Hennineg When ) But we must get on with it, but I have little faith in our current bunch of MP's to be able to sort this out in 2 years...they fanny around far too much...

yup bout sums it up...

Hope your humble opinions right !!
There's another 1million people have signed petitions for another vote, is utterly shocking. The vote happened, we're out - and the IN's want another vote and are campaigning hard to get it.
yup the vote is final there is no going back...you can't change the rules in retrospect...we'v got to get on with it now...but I still would like to find someone I feel confident wit to deliver it...but I cant see anyone...least Boris will make us laugh as we disappear beneath the waves...despite him being more right wing than Mr Hitler......

Admin

Admin
15 September 2014
Hi guys, myself and @meet_the_fockers have agreed to reopen this thread, but can I ask and remind people to keep this debate healthy, clean, non-inflammatory and respectful.
This is a hot topic and we understand that people will want to discuss this, which is why we're unlocking it, but please bear in mind the above.
Thank you, Admin.