Sexual Offences Act Of 1967 - Lgbt And Bi-sexual

• Please check your spam/junk folder after registration, for your email. Thank you
Welcome to our Swinging Community
Join now to meet other like-minded swingers.
19 March 2015
It's 50 years ago today that the government decriminalised (partly) homosexuality..

We were on our way out earlier and there was this 81 year old gentleman explaining on the radio, what happened to him during his Royal Navy days and how he ended up being imprisoned for 12 months - reduced from 5, for being homosexual back in 1956.
His superior officers in command, basically set him up and accused him of sexual acts with a close friend of his, who incidentally was sleeping in the bunk next to him, onboard a Royal Navy transport ship.
They were both officers.
Anyway to reduce a five year sentence, he was asked by his superiors for a list of names of those he'd had sex with. He refused for as long as he could, but eventually he gave a name of another well-to-do officer.. He was arrested by the military police and put in the cells.

9 months later, the trial was about to start and the old gent went on to say that the MP sent him home that morning.. He asked - "What about the trial?" and the answer was, there is no trial. The officer whose name he handed over, shot himself that morning.

He started crying on the phone, live on air on the radio and said he'd lived with the guilt of that man's death/suicide for 61 years.

Do we still have a long way to go?
Looking back at the legislation, it truly was/is awful - whereas now, even in London Pride recently, we have police walking the streets wearing the Gay and Pride rainbows. (Good on them btw).
So we've moved on, but really by how much?

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1967/60/pdfs/ukpga_19670060_en.pdf

D

Deleted member 1030

Excellent post. :tiphat:
I've been trying to think of how to post something about this, myself.

Not only do we have some way to go (check out homophobia in football, for example) but we also must be conscious not to go backwards. There are still very strong lobbies out there that would be pleased to see many LGBTQI+ rights repealed - we still have religious leaders of all faiths condemning homosexuality as a sin, travelling charlatans that claim to be able to 'cure' it and people being murdered for being gay. Yes, I am talking about the UK here, btw.

However, maybe today is about celebrating how far groups, such as Stonewall, have brought us (y)
lgbtflag.jpg

Pearls

MOTM

18 July 2015

Not only do we have some way to go (check out homophobia in football, for example) but we also must be conscious not to go backwards. There are still very strong lobbies out there that would be pleased to see many LGBTQI+ rights repealed - we still have religious leaders of all faiths condemning homosexuality as a sin, travelling charlatans that claim to be able to 'cure' it and people being murdered for being gay. Yes, I am talking about the UK here, btw.

However, maybe today is about celebrating how far groups, such as Stonewall, have brought us (y)
View attachment 37364
As you know I am Catholic with a strict up bringing, (yes very good catholic girl) Now our church is run by a priest from India, Father Sargi, he is so down to earth you wouldn't believe and is for gay marriage, we have gay couples who attend the church weekly, it's a shame the catholic churches can't all be like this.

19 March 2015
I would have done it earlier, but we had some RL things to do - anyway have changed our header logo to the LGBT ribbon and will leave it up for about a week to celebrate. x

19 March 2015

View attachment 37364
Yes we do.. as you say, homophobia in football is still chronically bad. As it is in so many walks of life.
We are who we are and people should be more open and accepting of others.. we're all human beings.

Indeed, cures for gays. Murder for gays. 'Are you Gay/Lesbian? I can cure you'... See it all the time. (n)

We've a long way to go, but we're getting there.
More love and tolerance is needed... We will get there.
As you know I am Catholic with a strict up bringing, (yes very good catholic girl) Now our church is run by a priest from India, Father Sargi, he is so down to earth you wouldn't believe and is for gay marriage, we have gay couples who attend the church weekly, it's a shame the catholic churches can't all be like this.
Agreed... It will happen slowly. A Church (I can't recall who, sorry) recently approved gay marriage. More should follow suit and they will.. Even if it takes another 100 years xx

S

Sammy

Offffft not in my church in Dublin or in Scotland
They still had issues with folk marrying outside of their own faith ... would love to see more priests like yours
Sx

Reactions: Deleted member 1030
D

Deleted member 3657

As recent as 1998 when I joined the RAF, at my interviews I was quizzed about drug use and homosexuality. We were told both are illegal and if I knew of a colleague who gay or using drugs then it was my duty too report it. To not report it would make me compliant in the crime. It was only in 2000 that it became legal to be gay in the military.

Reactions: Pearls
4 July 2017
City
Glastonbury
As recent as 1998 when I joined the RAF, at my interviews I was quizzed about drug use and homosexuality. We were told both are illegal and if I knew of a colleague who gay or using drugs then it was my duty too report it. To not report it would make me compliant in the crime. It was only in 2000 that it became legal to be gay in the military.
That always puzzled me - men achieve rights to love men and kill men.

Strange.

T

The_Bibas

Also Catholic as is Stephen.. In fact he was educated in a private school run by brothers(priests)
It's farcical that discrimination existed in the first place.. The Bible is based up incest and homosexuality, lesbianism.. And fornication...
Amazing what some religions choose to believe... It's utterly nonsensical... Did you know that the legal age of consent inside the Vatican city is 12...
Seriously WTFF
Do not get me started....

XxxBibaxxX

M

Mel007

It's 50 years ago today that the government decriminalised (partly) homosexuality..

We were on our way out earlier and there was this 81 year old gentleman explaining on the radio, what happened to him during his Royal Navy days and how he ended up being imprisoned for 12 months - reduced from 5, for being homosexual back in 1956.
His superior officers in command, basically set him up and accused him of sexual acts with a close friend of his, who incidentally was sleeping in the bunk next to him, onboard a Royal Navy transport ship.
They were both officers.
Anyway to reduce a five year sentence, he was asked by his superiors for a list of names of those he'd had sex with. He refused for as long as he could, but eventually he gave a name of another well-to-do officer.. He was arrested by the military police and put in the cells.

9 months later, the trial was about to start and the old gent went on to say that the MP sent him home that morning.. He asked - "What about the trial?" and the answer was, there is no trial. The officer whose name he handed over, shot himself that morning.

He started crying on the phone, live on air on the radio and said he'd lived with the guilt of that man's death/suicide for 61 years.

Do we still have a long way to go?
Looking back at the legislation, it truly was/is awful - whereas now, even in London Pride recently, we have police walking the streets wearing the Gay and Pride rainbows. (Good on them btw).
So we've moved on, but really by how much?

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1967/60/pdfs/ukpga_19670060_en.pdf
Wow.. how could people be so cruel.. never understood. Xxxx

4 July 2017
City
Glastonbury
You have to see the Sexual Offenses Act alongside a raft of other liberal (or permissive, as their enemies had it) laws at the time; divorce laws were changed, abortion made legal and contraception made available to women, the death penalty was abolished. Even physical punishment in schools was stopped. And homosexuality was decriminalised (if yr over 21).

I think all the bills involved were sponsored by private members (ie, an MP from whichever party) but the Home Secretary who guided through these massive changes was Roy Jenkins.

Roy Jenkins - Wikipedia

*doffs bowler*

Now there's a man who changed his country for the better.

Vanezza

Stud Muffin
11 May 2017
Love the Ribbon but my geek mind always thinks of Tom Baker when i see it :lol:
It is incredible that people have been treated so awfully for who they are. There's always hope that a few generations from now most people really won't care who people love but there's always going to be the haters and knuckle draggers around, the human race just isn't that nice when it comes down to it.
Some of us are incredibly nice and sexy tho, you know who you are :love::love::love:
N xxx