• Please check your spam/junk folder after registration, for your email. Thank you

Smokers

10 December 2015
City
Barnard Castle
I have noticed on a lot of these picture how many still smoke, I have also noticed the number of people who use these vap thing has shot through the roof, I don't mind people that smoke, but I think its not a nice smel on someone specially if you are just meeting them for the first time, My biggest pet hate with smokers is while I am eating somewhere outside and they insist on sitting close to you with the smoke coming your way... I real just want to and bitch slap em so hard and say Oi feck off while people are eating.... wonder if things like this annoyed anyone else or am I just fussy...lol, Also cant stand kissing a smoker when you can taste the nicotine or whatever it is... not nice at all...lol ok stopping now

MOTM

18 July 2015
Well I'm a smoker, always been a clean smoker as I call it, never smoke in the house, don't smell of smoke (maybe its a menthol thing) I have never had anyone complain about smell on me. I would never go near a non smoker if they were eating out of respect but I will say non smokers should have the same respect I show and not have the waving arm syndrome...... Nothing worse than an anti smoker when most of us are respectful and stay away xx

10 December 2015
City
Barnard Castle
I don't mind people who smoke I just really hate it while I'm eating.. I still like a cigar with a pint now and again, I even think that instead of making smoker go outside at pub etc there should be a separate room where you can smoke eat and drink if you want too.. but that getting into this EU crap

Reactions: Therapon and Pearls
10 December 2015
City
Barnard Castle
I think this will get a tad warm in this thread...lol... gets my gold wooden spoon ready

Reactions: Pearls
D

Deleted member 1030

Blimey, if it's not enough that we have to go outside to have a smoke, now we have to lose our right to sit where we want outside?
I mean, seriously.... ignore all the cars, vans and juggernauts that drive past - spewing out tonnes of lead, carbon monoxide, carbon dioxide and countless other carcinogens - and have a pop at smokers for sitting outside... not just on the warm, sunny days but in the rain, snow, wind and sub-zero temperatures too!

MOTM

18 July 2015
You can actually smoke in a pub by an old law that they have not done anything about, we have a club here which has a back room with everything in it apart from the bar, you can not drink in there but smoke, its called a gentlmans room, a tobbaco room, this is perfectly legal... men do take drinks in of course xx

MOTM

9 November 2015
I have never smoked and it's a personal choice if you do smoking has never been a worry to me ..but growing up in a house where my Mum smoked and having witnessed the last few years of her life and how she struggle with the resulting illness and her recent passing ... I should have a different view but I don't it's personal choice , i would agree being considerate to others is a must but how many of us of a certain age sat in smoke filled pubs , trains , cars etc back in the day but now point fingers if someone lights up .. If you don't like something there is always a door to leave or move to another place away from it ...

D

Deleted member 1402

I've been vaping for 2 years. Was always just a social smoker when having a drink, but went through a rough 6 months and started smoking 10 a day, then started working at a club and the manager and staff smoked. I only gave up because my buddy at the time had recently given up and although he said he didn't mind that I smoked, I did. Never liked the smell, hate the taste and the cost, now I'm addicted to sweet, fruity flavours that I vape.

Admin

Admin
15 September 2014
Which are just as bad, if not worse for you sadly...

This! We are what I would say are considered clean smokers and considerate smokers.

Bang on. People should be more concerned about the carcinogens being spewed out by vehicles on the roads.

Reactions: Pearls and Therapon
D

Deleted member 1402

Not sure that vaping is just as bad, but my health is so bad anyway, I'll continue to vape, eat and drink what I like!

Reactions: Admin
18 October 2015
City
Nantwich
I gave up nearly 7 years ago. It was really difficult and I would never criticise those who continue to smoke. We all make choices and should be allowed to do so. On occasions I still miss it but for me personally the benefits of not smoking outweigh the odd craving - Looby x

Admin

Admin
15 September 2014
Wish I could.. heavy smoker and need to stop. Will try again most definitely because even though clean smokers, I am sick of it.
x

18 October 2015
City
Nantwich
Wish I could.. heavy smoker and need to stop. Will try again most definitely because even though clean smokers, I am sick of it.
x
That was me...fed up of being beholden to it. I was prescribed a tablet called Champix....worked really well for me although it's not for everyone. X

Admin

Admin
15 September 2014
That was me...fed up of being beholden to it. I was prescribed a tablet called Champix....worked really well for me although it's not for everyone. X
Ahh okay I will ask the GP about it. Thank you.
Yeah a heavy smoker and I'm clean and considerate, but fed up and don't like it. I genuinely do not like being a smoker. Half the battle besides the addiction for me, is I enjoy a smoke too. But have to stop. I dislike it.. x

18 October 2015
City
Nantwich
I loved a smoke too.....It's such a quandary but on balance glad I've given up and have never seriously been tempted back to it either.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…