Social Media

• Thread starter Deleted member 3175
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
  • Please check your spam/junk folder after registration, for your email. Thank you
Welcome to our Swinging Community
Join now to meet other like-minded swingers.
M

meet_the_fockers

I (Mr Brum) have a picture blog on tumbler for my interest in vintage ladies underwear and pinup pictures. Apart from that and here that's about it.
Oh and Facebook for our normal friends and hobbies.
You have normal freinds? :D xxx

D

Deleted member 3657

Similarly......

However, I've met more genuine kinksters from there than any other social platform, and tonight I had a tweet liked by the one and only Elkie Brooks...:whistle:
She finally caved in then? Law of averages meant she bound to sooner or later :ninja:

27 May 2016
City
Grimsby
I am on every goddamn social media site (FB, twitter, instagram and linkedin) for a variety of reasons - personal and professional. FB for friends from school, uni and acquaintances, twitter for passing time, instagram because i am photography buff, linkedin because of my role). The only thing i hate is when ppl blur the lines between what is allowed on one site vs the other and use it interchangeably. I believe in boundaries of varying extent on social media depending on site we use. So thats my pet peeve! :)

"what is allowed"? Care to elaborate?

27 May 2016
City
Grimsby
Well go you is she up for a meet? Is she a genuine kinkster then?
Of course i am joking.

All jokes aside, it depends what you want from social media..
These of course are my veiws.
Twitter is not for me. I find it crude if i am perfectly honest. No disrespect.
I prefer the comoradory, the close knit community of here. I guess for me this is twitter.
So if you have untold success on twitter..
May i ask your reason for frequenting this site?

This site is specifically for swingers, whereas my Twitter encompasses all types of kink, where I'm learning lots it has to be said - every day's a school day! We're here, mostly, for information, education, regarding venues, events, clubs. And, yes, we've met a few delightful people along the way.

Reactions: Therapon and MP386
M

meet_the_fockers

Aha
This site is specifically for swingers, whereas my Twitter encompasses all types of kink, where I'm learning lots it has to be said - every day's a school day! We're here, mostly, for information, education, regarding venues, events, clubs. And, yes, we've met a few delightful people along the way.
Aha i see :D thankyou.

27 May 2016
City
Grimsby
Like people using LinkedIn like Facebook...Facebook like Twitter etc and so forth.

Hmm, I don't use Facebook or LinkedIn, but was unaware we were supposed to use these platforms in a specific way? How, for example, am I supposed to use Twitter? Am I doing it correctly?

M

meet_the_fockers

And lovelies...
I shall just pop this here check the TandC's (Terms and conditions) at the foot of every page..
Pot kettle perhaps.. but.. see we do let some things slide.

While we understand you may wish to discuss other sites, please refrain from doing so as it is harmful to our site and community.
Any links or discussions taking place with mentions of sites, may be edited with or without notice thereof.Linking to any other sites, including in private messages and chat - to encourage our members to join other sites, is strictly forbidden. If caught doing so, you will be reprimanded and/or removed from the site.You are forbidden from advertising anything relating to personal information. This includes advertising including but not limited to; other sites, phone numbers, email addresses, any social media site, your tag/handle. Anything like this can be added to your profile information. Please refrain from doing so on the public forums.

Reactions: Deleted member 1030
27 May 2016
City
Grimsby
Can you define "other sites" Do you mean specifically other swinging sites, or are we now banned from mentioning Twitter, Facebook. LinkedIn, Pinterest, Tumblr etc etc?

Baring in mind we often use those sites to mention and encourage others to join THIS site?

Admin

Admin
15 September 2014
Can you define "other sites" Do you mean specifically other swinging sites, or are we now banned from mentioning Twitter, Facebook. LinkedIn, Pinterest, Tumblr etc etc?

Baring in mind we often use those sites to mention and encourage others to join THIS site?
By other sites, we mean anything such as other swinging sites with a view to encouraging members to join said sites.
As highlighted in our rules;
Linking to any other sites, including in private messages and chat - to encourage our members to join other sites, is strictly forbidden.
There has been no mention of being banned from mentioning other sites such as social media sites, and of course it goes without saying (We use a few social media sites ourselves as an advertising platform) that we're fully aware that some social media sites are used to promote our site, with a view to getting members to join here. That hasn't been questioned..
The main point being, what we don't want or will allow, is people trying to get other members to join other sites, especially other swinging sites as it simply undermines our hard work and efforts here.

Admin

Admin
15 September 2014

Also things like ****** too for example? Sadly, we see many people join and instantly post things such as "come chat to me on ******, look for BigBoyJim" (example) and it's not right having people come here, either to poach or to simply try and take members away from here.
It's quite disrespectful to us and to you guys too - who use the site daily, who contribute to the site and give effort here, for someone to waltz in and try and take other people off the site.
That's the kind of thing we mean.. Sorry for the delays responding, been busy behind the scenes. :)

27 May 2016
City
Grimsby
By other sites, we mean anything such as other swinging sites with a view to encouraging members to join said sites.
As highlighted in our rules;

There has been no mention of being banned from mentioning other sites such as social media sites, and of course it goes without saying (We use a few social media sites ourselves as an advertising platform) that we're fully aware that some social media sites are used to promote our site, with a view to getting members to join here. That hasn't been questioned..
The main point being, what we don't want or will allow, is people trying to get other members to join other sites, especially other swinging sites as it simply undermines our hard work and efforts here.

And of course, that is totally reasonable & understandable.

We were really questioning this quote :

You are forbidden from advertising anything relating to personal information. This includes advertising including but not limited to; other sites, phone numbers, email addresses, any social media site, your tag/handle. Anything like this can be added to your profile information. Please refrain from doing so on the public forums.

Reactions: Admin

Admin

Admin
15 September 2014
And of course, that is totally reasonable & understandable.

We were really questioning this quote :
I see.
With regards to this;
You are forbidden from advertising anything relating to personal information. This includes advertising including but not limited to; other sites, phone numbers, email addresses, any social media site, your tag/handle. Anything like this can be added to your profile information. Please refrain from doing so on the public forums.
What we mean and won't allow is people starting threads or making posts on hello threads etc etc with personal information and advertising.
For instance, your signature is perfectly fine (else it had been removed by now), watermarking @BlancoGoGo is also fine on your photos.. But starting a thread "Twitter" and making a post (example) find me on Twitter *insert handle* or ******, or anything like that, is totally unacceptable as it's nothing short of undermining the site and poaching.
Hope this helps? :)

Admin

Admin
15 September 2014
@BlancoGoGo actually I've just been thinking further on this, and I will elaborate on our rules and be more clear/definitive with the fact that it's not allowed based on the sole purpose that it's a way of diverting/detracting members away from the site. I think that will be clearer.. :)

Reactions: Therapon
17 March 2017
City
Manchester
I largely agree, But some times seeing how other sites work solidify s the membership on a site like this, When peeps see how badly run they are maybe?

T

The_Bibas

The 'block' button is a wonderful feature......
I always feel guilty using the block button.. People really have to go the extra mile.. On twitter I like to consider it a time out.. I usually let them out after a few weeks..
I prefer the report button.. Twitter makes the final decision on whether to suspend them.. I feel less guilty about that..
I do get loads suspended though..
Twitters choice not mine
Innocentbiba
Xx

M

meet_the_fockers

I always feel guilty using the block button.. People really have to go the extra mile.. On twitter I like to consider it a time out.. I usually let them out after a few weeks..
I prefer the report button.. Twitter makes the final decision on whether to suspend them.. I feel less guilty about that..
I do get loads suspended though..
Twitters choice not mine
Innocentbiba
Xx
Was it you hmmm that got me suspended? Hmm hmm :D

Reactions: The_Bibas
17 March 2017
City
Manchester
I am not sure its always the best way but depends on what happens peeps on here I find very tolerant some times things can be taken the wrong way. But we all classy on here x