Stoner... Bit Of A Spin Off From The Music Thread But..

• Please check your spam/junk folder after registration, for your email. Thank you
Welcome to our Swinging Community
Join now to meet other like-minded swingers.

Admin

Admin
15 September 2014
Who likes stoner here?
Edited - stoner rock & stoner psychedelic rock
Anyone?

Does anyone not know what it is?
I have some epic finds and for some unknown reason to me, have the urge to share em with @kopinov .. I don't even know why!? I mean, Mr K do you even like stoner? Seems whenever I find a decent one I have this urge to plaster your profile with them :p

Anyway, do you like stoner? I find it really exhilarating in all honesty...

Last edited:
Reactions: kopinov
K

kopinov

I have a really eclectic taste in music and I like everything from Mozart to Magma, depending upon what mood I'm in and I love being introduced to new bands.
As a genre, 'stoner' could be seen as a somewhat ambiguous or subjective label but it does kind of describe the overall mood of a piece perhaps, rather than its actual structure.
I do love ambient music and I've been hugely into Eno since my early teens, as well as more recent artists like William Orbit and Shpongle... and, despite the dismissal by some as being as aimed solely at 'stoners', a great deal of it is very well composed, complex, extremely well produced and I imagine will be looked back upon as being as valid as any other musical genre.
:):cool:

Reactions: Admin

Admin

Admin
15 September 2014
I've edited my post to make it clearer.. My bad.
I am the same, my taste in music is huge, broad and eclectic.

In this sense the genre stoner, is more aimed towards stoner rock and stoner psychedelic rock.
I don't mean the new craze stoner rock which is verging on thrash. We're talking stoner rock in the trance state rhythms of ambience tranquillity and euphoria..
a great deal of it is very well composed, complex, extremely well produced and I imagine will be looked back upon as being as valid as any other musical genre.
I thoroughly agree with this.. It's so underrated because it's mainly underground and not mainstream, so superior artists often go unlooked because they're not 1D or the latest in the charts.
But that's also what makes it a special and somewhat enigmatic genre.. ;)

18 October 2015
City
Nantwich
I've edited my post to make it clearer.. My bad.
I am the same, my taste in music is huge, broad and eclectic.

In this sense the genre stoner, is more aimed towards stoner rock and stoner psychedelic rock.
I don't mean the new craze stoner rock which is verging on thrash. We're talking stoner rock in the trance state rhythms of ambience tranquillity and euphoria..

I thoroughly agree with this.. It's so underrated because it's mainly underground and not mainstream, so superior artists often go unlooked because they're not 1D or the latest in the charts.
But that's also what makes it a special and somewhat enigmatic genre.. ;)
I think I've just stepped into a parallel universe.:D

K

kopinov

Indeed.

I think I might post up a couple of examples to demonstrate what I see as the breadth of the genre...

.. starting with Eno and Byrne: ;)

Admin

Admin
15 September 2014
And I shall post some of mine too, but anyone watching or reading this is not meant as a - here check out my favourite YT vids either...

@kopinov am listening while writing this.. Yup you are there. :)

Admin

Admin
15 September 2014
Okay both good choices there, now here's some of my flavour which have long lasting riffs and repeated melodies.

K

kopinov

... and here's something that isat the very dark end of the genre, De Furura by Magma (an amazing combination of fantasy, rock, jazz and opera - sung in the language of the Orcs):

Admin

Admin
15 September 2014
Missing the hazy daze of yesteryear... ;) :D

... and here's something that isat the very dark end of the genre, De Furura by Magma (an amazing combination of fantasy, rock, jazz and opera - sung in the language of the Orcs):

Very out there. I have of course skipped through it for now, but will listen fully..
It's not too dark, but is out there. Experimental to say the least. :)

Admin

Admin
15 September 2014
OMG!! Planet Gong... Such a LONG time no hear. Love them.....This is a sorely missed album Mr K!!
I used to have this, thank you mate used to love this.. Brilliant!
Seriously, thanks for reminding me about this. Haven't listed to it in such a long time. Even @Pearls has a recollection of it right now while it's pumping out of my speakers...
Brill! (y)

18 October 2015
City
Nantwich
Reactions: amboman
18 October 2015
City
Nantwich
Okay both good choices there, now here's some of my flavour which have long lasting riffs and repeated melodies.

I've had a quick listen but I don't think it's for me. I need a bit more disco and glitter ball!;) Then again it wouldn't do for us all to be the same:)

D

Deleted member 1030

Aahhh! Now we're talking! I love psychedelia, psych rock, stoner, trance etc. (y) anything from...
to....
to...
to......

And many, many stops in between. Well, it is a long, strange trip....... ;)