Swinging as a lifestyle choice after Coronavirus

• Please check your spam/junk folder after registration, for your email. Thank you
Welcome to our Swinging Community
Join now to meet other like-minded swingers.
19 March 2015
Can you see it happening?
We’ve just come in from walking the dog and are talking about the future of Swinging after this Coronavirus outbreak.

We now know that life is going to be very challenging once this is over.
We know life as we knew it, is gone and a new way of life has to happen.
Does that new way of life included Swinging as a recreational lifestyle choice?

Having a partnership / relationship is one thing. This is having sex with other people whilst in a relationship (unless swingles of course).
I can’t see how clubs can even begin reopening for a long time for instance.
What do you think? X

Vanezza

Stud Muffin
11 May 2017
I have no faith at all that people will think twice before going back to the way things where it's just the way people are. Not saying that all people are unthinking and selfish but it does seem to be the norm I'm afraid. Once the herd starts moving the rest will follow no matter what the consequences. I already see it happening around here with groups gathering in the streets because they are bored.

N xxx

9 January 2018
City
Norwich
If a vaccine is developed I think things might go back eventually. Or if we get a straight answer on whether you can catch it twice. I honestly believe a lot of people had it around Xmas time.

One thing I also believe is that it has changed our perception of main stream media for ever, I don't think a lot of people will ever trust them again.

D

Deleted member 10361

I think clubs will be quick to open, maybe with added/extra hygiene in place, there will be those who are quick to return because Covid hasn’t effected them or people they know and for others there will be a delay. Having looked at the other site hubby goes on, you can see from profiles people are looking to meet and definitely dogging is still going on, hubby has even posted last night “which club to visit first after lockdown” I’m guessing he’s going alone because I have no intention of going anywhere for quite a while! ?

Pearls

MOTM

18 July 2015
This has shown how people think and sex seems to be the most important thing in they’re lives. The desperation of some wanting to still meet tells a sad story. I guess if you only think of getting your leg over once this is over then that’s very worrying. How we live with this now is a huge question but how we used to live will be a distant memory soon I think. As for swinging, who knows what the future holds but I think there will be a lot of virtual shenanigans instead of physical ?

MyKinkyWorld

Handsome and Debonair
25 November 2017
In Italy and France clubs reopened two months ago, actually from tomorrow in Italy discos are closed again and people have to wear masks in closed and open spaces. Maybe they will work as bars, but it is known that people inside look for sex so I assume they will not able to stay still open. I haven't joined them since they reopened because they are not safe, but it's just my opinion. By the way, I came to know that one tests people with rapid blood test before they come in.

19 March 2015
I reckon, now it's all on the rise again ( :rolleyes: ) that for now - those clubs who tried to ahem, 'negotiate' restrictions, will now be more fucked than ever. I feel for clubs.
As for personal liaisons, what on earth is going to happen now?

What if you have a group thing going on of 3 couples' and a SF/SG wants to join in? You gonna risk it with your mates dobbing you in? ?

Fact is though, right now this is still FUBAR and I can't see how/what/where the next steps will be. Sorry to be the pessimist but I can't see the next steps yet.
Any anti vaxxers on here?

8 July 2018
I believe we won’t be getting a vaccine ? any time soon! The second wave is already here & it’s only going to get worse.

Swinging as a lifestyle choice is dead as we know it, it’s going to be pushed underground even further & god knows what that’s going to do to the lifestyle and how many more misconceptions it’s going to ignite!
:tiphat:
Tiger xx

17 September 2020
City
Manchester
Indeed some are just going out there and getting on with it. Like you, we’re staying put and not doing a thing. Mind you, Swansea’s in lockdown too now so...
We're in restrictions in Manchester. I'm being careful and not doing anything unnecessary. It sucks, but it'll suck until we all pull together (including the government) and we have better treatments and/or vaccines

19 March 2015
We're in restrictions in Manchester. I'm being careful and not doing anything unnecessary. It sucks, but it'll suck until we all pull together (including the government) and we have better treatments and/or vaccines
100%. Two of our sons are stuck in Cardiff also locked down and one other is up in Catterick also locked down. Aye Manchester is bad too isn’t it? It’s mess but as you say, if we all pull together, be sensible and do the right things, we should come out unscathed.

For instance how’s about this for stupidity - a wedding reception held in a restaurant on Mumbles road (the main coastal road here leading to Mumbles) was shut down Thursday night and members kicked out as it was overcrowded and packed. The police have issued an immediate closure notice. I mean how selfish and stupid can you get!? When we’re at “danger” levels in Swansea right now. ??‍♂️

Reactions: Therapon and Pearls
17 September 2020
City
Manchester
100%. Two of our sons are stuck in Cardiff also locked down and one other is up in Catterick also locked down. Aye Manchester is bad too isn’t it? It’s mess but as you say, if we all pull together, be sensible and do the right things, we should come out unscathed.

For instance how’s about this for stupidity - a wedding reception held in a restaurant on Mumbles road (the main coastal road here leading to Mumbles) was shut down Thursday night and members kicked out as it was overcrowded and packed. The police have issued an immediate closure notice. I mean how selfish and stupid can you get!? When we’re at “danger” levels in Swansea right now. ??‍♂️
People are similarly stupid here, and the rates are a lot higher (I just Googled it, Manchester is at nearly 150/100k ?). I think it's not hurt them so they're past the novelty of it.
I'm bloody sick of it too...

19 March 2015
People are similarly stupid here, and the rates are a lot higher (I just Googled it, Manchester is at nearly 150/100k ?). I think it's not hurt them so they're past the novelty of it.
I'm bloody sick of it too...
That’s madness. Holy shit 150k? We’re a smaller city but not sure what ours are at present. Track & Trace is still warning us we’re at high risk area. Like you, we’re locked down but it’s freshers week. Swansea is massive on students now and we’ve become very metropolitan. So influx of this:

'The last night of freedom' 'The last night of freedom'

We know from first hand experience with our 22 year old, when he pops home for the weekend, him and his mates only want to go to pubs and bars and get hammered without a care. ??‍♂️??‍♂️

Obviously not all are the same, but being freshers week, they’re going to want to binge this weekend. Two weeks’ time you watch the numbers skyrocket.

Reactions: Therapon and Pearls
17 September 2020
City
Manchester
That’s madness. Holy shit 150k? We’re a smaller city but not sure what ours are at present. Track & Trace is still warning us we’re at high risk area. Like you, we’re locked down but it’s freshers week. Swansea is massive on students now and we’ve become very metropolitan. So influx of this:

'The last night of freedom' 'The last night of freedom'

We know from first hand experience with our 22 year old, when he pops home for the weekend, him and his mates only want to go to pubs and bars and get hammered without a care. ??‍♂️??‍♂️

Obviously not all are the same, but being freshers week, they’re going to want to binge this weekend. Two weeks’ time you watch the numbers skyrocket.
My figures are a week old via Manchester city council. It's probably worse now. There's a tool via the UK gov numbers site that will specify to how many cases in your local area (21k people). I've been watching mine climb. The deprived areas are a lot worse off, but some of them are only a few miles away, and if anyone thinks they're immune or free from responsibility because they're middle class or not a minority then they need a non fun kick up the bum.
Public health is everyone's responsibility.

19 March 2015
My figures are a week old via Manchester city council. It's probably worse now. There's a tool via the UK gov numbers site that will specify to how many cases in your local area (21k people). I've been watching mine climb. The deprived areas are a lot worse off, but some of them are only a few miles away, and if anyone thinks they're immune or free from responsibility because they're middle class or not a minority then they need a non fun kick up the bum.
Public health is everyone's responsibility.
Agreed. Yes we have been checking mostly on a daily basis but we do wonder how accurate they are. That said, Swansea university hospital are on the ball I suppose.

Absolutely and I have seen a massive increase in anti vaxxers and anti masks etc. People saying we’re losing liberties etc. Well yes, that’s the only way we can control this. Or help to.
Plandemic and conspiracy theorists need slapping. It’s not a hoax, not a game. Not a fear mongering issue by Gov.
As you say, we ALL have a public duty to play in this. ??

17 September 2020
City
Manchester
Agreed. Yes we have been checking mostly on a daily basis but we do wonder how accurate they are. That said, Swansea university hospital are on the ball I suppose.

Absolutely and I have seen a massive increase in anti vaxxers and anti masks etc. People saying we’re losing liberties etc. Well yes, that’s the only way we can control this. Or help to.
Plandemic and conspiracy theorists need slapping. It’s not a hoax, not a game. Not a fear mongering issue by Gov.
As you say, we ALL have a public duty to play in this. ??
Diseases take advantage of our social nature. So we have to fight them any way we can, particularly when medium and long term effects are unknown. (And gee if you're worried about liberties maybe look to other things?)
I despair at the idea we can't listen to experts because freedom/ democracy. They say on their phones, in their safe houses, with their hygienic food and water, online. Who made those, Santa? Ffs

19 March 2015
Diseases take advantage of our social nature. So we have to fight them any way we can, particularly when medium and long term effects are unknown. (And gee if you're worried about liberties maybe look to other things?)
I despair at the idea we can't listen to experts because freedom/ democracy. They say on their phones, in their safe houses, with their hygienic food and water, online. Who made those, Santa? Ffs
Absolutely. Viruses and diseases are clever and as you say, by their very nature - use us and our weaknesses = social interaction.

Tell me about it. I’m frustrated at the amount of friends who I’ve been speaking to over the months who are: believing the Govt are using this as fear tactics, 5G. Plandemic. Et al.
Some have been panicking over the phone because of some shite they’ve read on FB or what their taxi driver has told them because he’s a conspiracy theorist. It’s definitely a time of despair when some people are so naive that they believe 5G is responsible, yet they have a mobile, use WiFi and own microwaves. ??‍♂️

Reactions: Tiger and Pearls
17 September 2020
City
Manchester
Absolutely. Viruses and diseases are clever and as you say, by their very nature - use us and our weaknesses = social interaction.

Tell me about it. I’m frustrated at the amount of friends who I’ve been speaking to over the months who are: believing the Govt are using this as fear tactics, 5G. Plandemic. Et al.
Some have been panicking over the phone because of some shite they’ve read on FB or what their taxi driver has told them because he’s a conspiracy theorist. It’s definitely a time of despair when some people are so naive that they believe 5G is responsible, yet they have a mobile, use WiFi and own microwaves. ??‍♂️
I've read a handful of things about the cognitive traps people fall into to get to conspiracy theories. I have empathy for them but also FFS stop trying to fuck shit up because you're scared.

13 September 2020
City
Alicante
It will be very hard for the clubs to survive just like any other sector during this time, also I think that many have to come in terms with to be asexual for the forthcoming future, but we have to be reminded that it is not transmitted through sexual contact so a tricky one there.

17 September 2020
City
Manchester
It will be very hard for the clubs to survive just like any other sector during this time, also I think that many have to come in terms with to be asexual for the forthcoming future, but we have to be reminded that it is not transmitted through sexual contact so a tricky one there.
Sure. But although I work on breathing control in my lifting, I'm sure you do too ? - it is still spread by breathing.

19 March 2015
Sure. But although I work on breathing control in my lifting, I'm sure you do too ? - it is still spread by breathing.
Took the words out of my mouth. May not be spread sexually but you’re still in extreme close proximity with others.
The ad from Scotland was bang on the money with this and how easily it’s spread.
So while not perhaps sexually transmitted, there’s still skin to skin contact and droplets in the air.
Imagine doing this and said person was infected and you had no idea, nor did they until the following week.
The people you’d have been in contact with over that week.
It’s all very worrying.