Tara Hudson, Transgender sent to male prison

• Please check your spam/junk folder after registration, for your email. Thank you
Welcome to our Swinging Community
Join now to meet other like-minded swingers.
Pearls

MOTM

18 July 2015
What do you think of this, she has had 6 years of gender treatment and her doctors class her as female even though born a male, her passport is still male.

Bath magistrates claimed they had no choice but to send her to an all male prison based on her passport info....

I think there should be an appeal to change this and as family have stated, they fear for her safety.
She was sentenced to twelve weeks for assault in a pub.

Admin

Admin
15 September 2014
Well she's still awaiting her GRC (gender recognition certificate) so still technically a male.
It's a tough one.
I think the judge made the correct course of action sadly on this one..

Therapon

Admin
11 August 2015
I'd agree with @Admin, the correct decision has been made according to current law. It may seem harsh but until her gender change is formally recognised or the laws are amended to cover this type of case then there is option but to deal with someone like this based on their sex at birth.

Reactions: Admin and Pearls
Pearls

MOTM

18 July 2015
I think its a very sad situation and one that could have been overlooked maybe xx

Therapon

Admin
11 August 2015
I think its a very sad situation and one that could have been overlooked maybe xx
I'd agree it's a sad situation but if you overlook this case then do we overlook other cases of assault because the individual belongs to a "minority" group for who we don't have specific laws. We should be pressing for a review of the law.

Pearls

MOTM

18 July 2015
I'd agree it's a sad situation but if you overlook this case then do we overlook other cases of assault because the individual belongs to a "minority" group for who we don't have specific laws. We should be pressing for a review of the law.
True xx

A

AlphaOmega

The amount of risk should be taken into account, and unfortunately she has been put at tremendous risk, they will have to segregate her for her own protection and other has been conclusively proved that this has serious consequences for mental health.
I'm of the opinion that if she has been living exclusively as female and medical doctors can testify to this that she should have been placed in an appropriate female prison.

Admin

Admin
15 September 2014
they will have to segregate her for her own protection and other has been conclusively proved that this has serious consequences for mental health.
Agreed, it is psychologically damaging. While I do sway towards the judges making the right decisions, based on her current standing legally - I also know this is something that would have to happen and find it rather cruel.

Hopefully this case will be a precedent and example that the laws need changing, to keep up with modern society. :) x

Reactions: Deleted member 1030
D

Deleted member 1030

The amount of risk should be taken into account, and unfortunately she has been put at tremendous risk, they will have to segregate her for her own protection and other has been conclusively proved that this has serious consequences for mental health.
I'm of the opinion that if she has been living exclusively as female and medical doctors can testify to this that she should have been placed in an appropriate female prison.

Absolutely agree. She is a woman, regardless of any 'official' recognition and sending her to a male prison puts her at physical and psychological risk.

There is a petition doing the rounds on Change.org attemting to get this decision reversed, if anyone is interested.

A

AlphaOmega

Hopefully! The world is changing at a quick pace and laws need updating to keep up.
It's such a shame that meanwhile people suffer to highlight the changes needed.

Admin

Admin
15 September 2014
Absolutely agree. She is a woman, regardless of any 'official' recognition and sending her to a male prison puts her at physical and psychological risk.

There is a petition doing the rounds on Change.org attemting to get this decision reversed, if anyone is interested.

By all means, link it up if you have it as I am sure many people here will support it.

22 July 2015
I saw this story the other day and one thing struck me, she really does look like a woman. Sometimes I have a hard time distinguishing transgender. The resultant female often cannot shake the male look and the resultant male looks like a woman trying to dress as a man. But in this case I think it places enormous danger on her merely because she does look like a woman and that surely is too inviting for sex-starved male inmates regardless of the plumbing. The sooner she is in a female prison the better if you ask me.

22 July 2015
You'd have thought common sense would prevail. Ok one thing we can't ignore is that she has been found guilty of a crime and that shouldn't get lost and that seems to be a common theme on social media but it's coupled with "so she deserves it" which is not the issue. Apart from a piece of paper saying she is a "man" she is to all intents and purposes a woman. And should be in a woman's prison. That's the issue.