Technology In The Home.

• Please check your spam/junk folder after registration, for your email. Thank you
Welcome to our Swinging Community
Join now to meet other like-minded swingers.
X

XX

I was just thinking about how much technology has not only taken over the workplace but also the home so started thinking about how much tech we have and if it's over the top.

There's two of us that live here and we currently use :-

3 TV's
2 Sky HD Boxes
A BT TV box
1.1m motorised satellite dish system
3 Laptops
2 Smartphones
Tablet
eBook reader
Chromecast
Amazon Fire Stick
Nvidia Shield TV
Media PC (Brix)
Server (HP Proliant ML110) running VMware for 3 VM's with 9.5tb storage.
ComputeStick PC

that's not counting the games consoles, Raspberry pi's and other stuff we have lying around that we don't currently use.

Admittedly I'm a bit of a tech geek and spend a lot of time stuck at home but is that excessive or does everyone have way too much tech these days?

N
xx

Reactions: Admin
M

meet_the_fockers

Oh blimey technonutsss..
Id have to ask mr F. We have remotes for remotes...
Its a bit ridiculous when i think about it..
Takes me ten.mins to figure out how to put the tv.. box, sound bar on in the morning!!
Loose a remote and i have to sit in silence all day!! Is the light..
Blue.. is it purple.. NO its bliddy orange and flashing!!!.... uhu... :/

Lovernotfighter

MOTM

3 February 2016
City
York
It is truly shocking when you add up the number of "computers" you now have in your home personally I have A laptop, A very old desktop (for some reason I can never bring myself to take it to the tip), A smart phone, Two tablets (one crappy and due to be binned once I pull some photos off it, and I suppose if you are counting consoles I have PS3 and PS4 ready to go, that's just things I own (I end up shoring families members stuff for some reason) and consider a form of computer.

Reactions: XX
D

Deleted member 1402

My son has most of the technology. I'm happy with my smartphone, Nook, iPad touch and laptop.
Son has virgin tivo tv, 2 tellies, pc for gaming, 2 Xbox 360 and one, PS3, iPad, amazon firestick, smartphone.

26 July 2016
City
Bolton
We have 5 smart phones, 3 laptops, 3 tablets, eBook reader, 1 tele. 2 lots of Broadband. At least 3 desk PC,s. Chromecast. Hell knows why we have all this stuff as only us 2 live here.

Admin

Admin
15 September 2014
I was just thinking about how much technology has not only taken over the workplace but also the home so started thinking about how much tech we have and if it's over the top.

3 TV's
2 Sky HD Boxes
A BT TV box
3 Laptops
2 Smartphones
Tablet
eBook reader
Chromecast
Amazon Fire Stick
Nvidia Shield TV
Media PC (Brix)
ComputeStick PC

that's not counting the games consoles, Raspberry pi's and other stuff we have lying around that we don't currently use.

Admittedly I'm a bit of a tech geek and spend a lot of time stuck at home but is that excessive or does everyone have way too much tech these days?

N
xx
Impressive... ;)
I am staying shtum. I will openly admit, I suffer gear lust.
It's cool though, I think I have it under control :eek: :whistle:

S

Scrunchy&Muffet

3 TV's
2 Sky HD Boxes
A BT TV box
3 Laptops
2 Smartphones
Tablet
eBook reader
Chromecast
Amazon Fire Stick
Nvidia Shield TV
Media PC (Brix)
ComputeStick PC

N
xx
is your house curry's /pc world in disguise. Lol. Steve

Reactions: Admin and XX
26 July 2016
We live in Herefordshire , BUT when we do finally get electricity we are ready for it
4 TVs
Now Tv box (ditched sky last month)
PS4
XBOX360
PSP
Nintendo Ds
3 IPads
4 Mobile phones ( one is for her ladyships work)
4 Laptops
1 Desktop (used solely as recording studio so midi controllers, studio monitors and audio interface as well)
HD DvD cam
2 iPods plus docking station
Bluetooth guitar amp/music system
And finally running water (around here it's counted as technology)

Reactions: XX and Admin