Thick Skin

• Please check your spam/junk folder after registration, for your email. Thank you
Welcome to our Swinging Community
Join now to meet other like-minded swingers.
1 September 2018
City
Cardiff
Me yep definitely, I am never offended, be it insults (meh who cares what you think of me, not in an arrogant way just that if someone thinks I am skinny/ugly/too big nosed then I never let that affect me) or rejections ( you are never gonna be compatible with everyone )

Her. Not so much , gets upset easily. All I have to say is "Fuck me you are getting a bit fat" or "So you are not gonna bother doing your make up properly" , and she has a sulk.
JOKE GAWD I WOULD NEVER DARE SAY EITHER

G

10 July 2018
Do you have one?
;)
Depends who’s having a pop.

I tend to ‘consider the source’. Someone I don’t know (or don’t respect) has a dig, or says something unkind? Naah, doesn’t bother me at all. Someone I know, and/or respect has. Nasty dig, or is very unkind? I’ve tissue paper thin skin on such occasions, heightened by the disappointment in them, I guess...

8 July 2018
Depends who’s having a pop.

I tend to ‘consider the source’. Someone I don’t know (or don’t respect) has a dig, or says something unkind? Naah, doesn’t bother me at all. Someone I know, and/or respect has. Nasty dig, or is very unkind? I’ve tissue paper thin skin on such occasions, heightened by the disappointment in them, I guess...
I’d say the same it depends on who is having a pop at me!
:tiphat:
Tiger xx

L

Louise94

Not particularly but if I feel reactive towards a certain comment or situation I try to use that to reflect on myself.

If someone says something unfavourable about me and it makes me feel an uncomfortable emotion it’s either because it’s the truth and I need to make a change and maybe have a conversation with someone/make an apology or I’ve been carrying the feeling about myself for a while, and they’ve just tapped into that with their comment which is where the reflection has to come in and a little bit of self exploration as to why I’m holding onto and internalising negative thought patterns.

Our feelings are there to inform us, we don’t have to deny them. They’re neither inherently good or bad, they just are. It’s the choice you make afterwards that counts. :)

Xxx

8 July 2018
Not particularly but if I feel reactive towards a certain comment or situation I try to use that to reflect on myself.

If someone says something unfavourable about me and it makes me feel an uncomfortable emotion it’s either because it’s the truth and I need to make a change and maybe have a conversation with someone/make an apology or I’ve been carrying the feeling about myself for a while, and they’ve just tapped into that with their comment which is where the reflection has to come in and a little bit of self exploration as to why I’m holding onto and internalising negative thought patterns.

Our feelings are there to inform us, we don’t have to deny them. They’re neither inherently good or bad, they just are. It’s the choice you make afterwards that counts. :)

Xxx
Wow, you are incredible, what a Beautiful mind & outlook on life you have :)
:tiphat:
Tiger xx

20 February 2018
City
Derby

Xxx
Such an exquisite response :):love:

Pearls

MOTM

18 July 2015
Thick skin comes in many forms I guess.
Working in this scene kind of puts that into another perspective for me personally.
I’ve put up with comments, messages which aren’t pleasant but you tend to put up a barrier as such and just see these little people as mindless. Saying that there are occasions when I sit back,look at my screen and think. Why?
Away from here the answer would be no, people who know me would think that’s one mouthy brassy cow. I’m not really and get hurt by negativity.
It also upsets me when people ignore me. Why. I don’t.
This is something I can control and will from now on. Simples, unfollow.
It’s just another negative that I don’t have room for.
So thick skin?
I guess not really but it grows daily and that’s down to people sadly.
Thank you :tiphat:

MP386

MOTM

9 November 2015
All my life rejection has always been an issue I guess , always think what’s wrong with me .... why does this constantly happen...since starting this Swinging malarkey not sure it’s got any easier or better...
in normal life you can call me a wanker ,cunt ,bastard whatever you like ...water off a ducks back really ...your probably get an answer in reply wouldn’t have a problem with that I work on building sites you have to stand your ground .....
Personally..romantically or swingingly yes I do still find things a struggle ...so a bit of both .... I know on the fence again :palm:

D

Deleted member 11852

Think I must have the amount of insults I've had over the years..always about my size.because I've always been big it's the usual thing that people think you eat too much sit on your arse all day doing nothing when actually it's quite the opposite..people don't realise that sometimes it's a medical condition causing problems..so if they can't be arsed asking i don't see the point saying anything..now I just get the jokes in before them and they don't know what to say then so yes probably have developed a thick skin over the years...keep smiling...w..:):):)...

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Pearls and Stew
D

Deleted member 11852

You will never be to everyone's taste be it fat,thin,tall,short everyone wants something different and swinging is no different some people have no problem with the larger figure and some just won't entertain it...that's what makes us individuals and that's where the thick skin comes in...you don't take offence to rejection because your not what someone is looking for...(y)..W..

Reactions: Pearls and Stew