Things To Do During Holidays And At Weekends With Kids.

• Please check your spam/junk folder after registration, for your email. Thank you
Welcome to our Swinging Community
Join now to meet other like-minded swingers.
5 January 2016
City
Letchworth Garden City
We have 3 children and 2 adults living in our home. We are really stuck for things to do during holidays and weekends if the weather is unpleasant. The children have a named range with the youngest being nine, and the eldest 15.
There's only so much shopping anybody is interested in, we do go to markets too...
Occasionally we go to the cinema, bowling skating, and eating in restaurants, although all of those things do tend to cost quite a lot of money when there's 5 of you... you don't get much change as cinema tickets are £40.
Are there any things that I could be doing with the kids to enrich their time with us. We sometimes make a home cinema, do baking or visit friends or family.
That leaves as often with time wondering what could we do have an exciting family moment.
Any ideas?

Reactions: Mootje and Pearls
S

Scrunchy&Muffet

Take them on a wildlife hunt/bug hunt
Give them a jam jar each....maybe buy a small net and take them to your local country park and get the kids to collects bug or interesting things. Or go to a river and see what you can catch...newts or tadpoles etc. Obviously you have to let them go afterwards. Take a picnic too so you can make the day last longer. Have done this with my boys and they loved it. Xxxx

Pearls

MOTM

18 July 2015
Don't we just love the holidays, expensive times, we are quite lucky here being on the coast, we spend a lot of time down the beach, we have fantastic museums, parks and a few nature places that have quite a lot of activities on through the holidays, free too xx

Reactions: Mootje and Therapon
M

Mootje

Get them an X-box , WII, Get them in Mind games, play Monopoly .. but damn yeah its expensive nowadays,
errrrrmmmm can i be a bitch and get a joke
Strip Poker will be a good game ;)) " Joking"
the mOOt

Reactions: Lola and Pearls
T

Theotherhalf

It is there are geocaching location all over the world bound to be loads near u .. Gets you and kids out for excercise ... Some geocaches have option to leave or take small gifts like pen toppers etc

Reactions: Therapon
2 September 2015
City
Crawley
There are lots of fixed orienteering courses dotted around the country all free apart from needing a map. Google the British Orienteering Federation or try this link British Orienteering - Permanent Orienteering Courses and look for fixed courses in your area. It tells you where you can get the maps (normally a couple of quid each) and you can walk round trying to find the places marked on the map. No tech involved though, all trying to match the paper map to what you can see around you. You might need a compass (you can get an app for that), but usually you can matc the map to the land around you....if you look carefully.

Reactions: Pearls and Lola
T

Theotherhalf

Lola if u have transport and the weather is good .. Wickstead park at Kettering is awesome with young kids . Massive normal playground with rope slides , fairground rides , rowing boats etc all set in park land .. Park car in park land perfect for picnic

Reactions: Pearls
5 January 2016
City
Letchworth Garden City
Yes I use those Tesco vouchers too, And I get cinema deals whenever I can also.

2 September 2015
City
Crawley
A great idea thank you.
It may sound a it boring at first sight, but when you get close to the first point and the kids are looking for it they get in to hunting it out, and after that often can't wait to get on to the next one....Try to get the oldest one to take the lead for all of you....