Would Ss And The Members Be Interested In A Fund Raising For There Favourite Charities ☺??

• Thread starter louise1970
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
  • Please check your spam/junk folder after registration, for your email. Thank you
Welcome to our Swinging Community
Join now to meet other like-minded swingers.

Admin

Admin
15 September 2014
Well this is one thing we've always said we'd do. We donated to the Every Man Appeal after some fundraising in 2015, and we did say that we'd gladly help raise money for charities, once we get the user upgrades back in place (after we had to drop them). And by doing so, a percentage of monthly monies, could be donated.
However, right now, this is virtually impossible due to the fact we had to drop our membership fees and upgrades.
When and if they go back, we will be in a position to do this and donate again as we did before, and perhaps we can change it every six months or every year.
A percentage of upgrades to charity, every six months or annually - will add up to a lot.
So we're both behind this.. Have done it before, albeit only once and are more than happy to do it again and on a regular basis to regular causes. :) x

Admin

Admin
15 September 2014
I've moved this to General Chats as I don't feel it should be in off topic, something as important as this. :) x

Reactions: Therapon
L

louise1970

Well this is one thing we've always said we'd do. We donated to the Every Man Appeal after some fundraising in 2015, and we did say that we'd gladly help raise money for charities, once we get the user upgrades back in place (after we had to drop them). And by doing so, a percentage of monthly monies, could be donated.
However, right now, this is virtually impossible due to the fact we had to drop our membership fees and upgrades.
When and if they go back, we will be in a position to do this and donate again as we did before, and perhaps we can change it every six months or every year.
A percentage of upgrades to charity, every six months or annually - will add up to a lot.
So we're both behind this.. Have done it before, albeit only once and are more than happy to do it again and on a regular basis to regular causes. :) x
Well worth the wait though see any other Ss members are interested x

24 November 2015
Id be up for this also , but please remember whatever charity and how you intend to raise funds you will need to register with that charity and receive the official charity,s registration number and documentations

L

louise1970

Id be up for this also , but please remember whatever charity and how you intend to raise funds you will need to register with that charity and receive the official charity,s registration number and documentations
I am part of the McMillan charity fund raising page more to had this year xx

30 March 2017
City
High Wycombe
Fantastic idea :) maybe link some events to it if that's possible? I'm doing the London Rat Race in August for instance. If somehow it can be advertised on here and if people want to donate they can via a link? I'm not really great with sorting out how that would work:confused: all I know is it's joined with just giving :)

25 July 2016
City
Tamworth
Great idea. I have done a few events over the years for Macmillan and Help for Heros.
Help to help if and when needed. Mrs Brum as also donated her performances in the past for charity events.

B

BatDan

As you are aware I do my bit to raise money for certain charities that are close to my heart Epilepsy.Diabetes.Ocpd.Cancer fot Women n Males and many more as I have lost close family n from a variety of illnesses.Speaking to @SexyS and we said we would ask @Admin n @Pearls what do you think ;)
I'm up for it. I have done a lot of work for the Christie, help for hero's and epilepsy action.

Count me in.

B

BatDan

So we need to decide on a charity, then what a community of swingers could do to raise money? Maybe I could talk to Cupids or Partners about hosting an event with the money from the door going to charity? Or sponsored greedy girl? The possibilities are endless

L

louise1970

So we need to decide on a charity, then what a community of swingers could do to raise money? Maybe I could talk to Cupids or Partners about hosting an event with the money from the door going to charity? Or sponsored greedy girl? The possibilities are endless
Will get thinking caps on something to do in future x

D

Deleted member 3657

I know I am going to sound like a killjoy but over the past couple of years I have discovered (through my own charity connections) that the vast majority of all charities (especially the more famous ones) that only 1 or 2 % of all money raised actually goes to the charity. The other 98 or 99 % goes to admin fees and wages. You may think I'm being off but I am extremely sceptical of the big name (alleged) charities. I know this also from a wife of a friend who works for one of the big cancer charities and also from a chairman of a high profile charity committee.

E

Emmal

I know I am going to sound like a killjoy but over the past couple of years I have discovered (through my own charity connections) that the vast majority of all charities (especially the more famous ones) that only 1 or 2 % of all money raised actually goes to the charity. The other 98 or 99 % goes to admin fees and wages. You may think I'm being off but I am extremely sceptical of the big name (alleged) charities. I know this also from a wife of a friend who works for one of the big cancer charities and also from a chairman of a high profile charity committee.
Disappointing but true that they all do that and many of the littler local ones do too. Still feel we can help some out there though xx

D

Deleted member 3657

Disappointing but true that they all do that and many of the littler local ones do too. Still feel we can help some out there though xx
I stopped giving to the major ones. I donate several hundred pounds a year as well giving my time directly to the source who need the money where I know that it won't get skimmed.

E

Emmal

I stopped giving to the major ones. I donate several hundred pounds a year as well giving my time directly to the source who need the money where I know that it won't get skimmed.
It's so hard to know who to give to. I give to a couple out of my wages each month. Find it hard to walk past the homeless without wanting to give them money too, but some of them are out to con too.
I used to walk through a underpass to go to work and one really cold day there was a person lying completely under a duvet all their items beside with a tub for money. I felt so bad cos it was so cold and I didn't have any cash in me, so I just had to get on with my day then on way home the person was still there, everything in the same place. So I rang the police as I was worried that something had happened to them. Didn't want to touch to see if said person was ok as I was scared on the reaction and what I might have found. The police came and lifted the quilt to a load of blankets and pillows made to look like a person. I was so annoyed that it was just a pop up to get money, the police said it happens all over and generally it's people who live near by.

D

Deleted member 3657

It's so hard to know who to give to. I give to a couple out of my wages each month. Find it hard to walk past the homeless without wanting to give them money too, but some of them are out to con too.
I used to walk through a underpass to go to work and one really cold day there was a person lying completely under a duvet all their items beside with a tub for money. I felt so bad cos it was so cold and I didn't have any cash in me, so I just had to get on with my day then on way home the person was still there, everything in the same place. So I rang the police as I was worried that something had happened to them. Didn't want to touch to see if said person was ok as I was scared on the reaction and what I might have found. The police came and lifted the quilt to a load of blankets and pillows made to look like a person. I was so annoyed that it was just a pop up to get money, the police said it happens all over and generally it's people who live near by.
Quite abhorrent really. Preying on people's good will. And others wonder why most people just walk straight past.

I've donated £10 a month direct from my wages for the past 19 years as well donating on average £500 to £600 a year for the past 5 years. Plus I give my time in other ways that is charitable (not begging with a tin inside Tesco) but actually doing something for others.

Reactions: Pearls
E

Emmal

Quite abhorrent really. Preying on people's good will. And others wonder why most people just walk straight past.

I've donated £10 a month direct from my wages for the past 19 years as well donating on average £500 to £600 a year for the past 5 years. Plus I give my time in other ways that is charitable (not begging with a tin inside Tesco) but actually doing something for others.
I'd like to do something with volunteer work. Something I'll look into for the future x

Pearls

MOTM

18 July 2015
I know this too for the big charities and don't even go there with air ambulance, people would be very shocked to discover some naughty goings on there x