All Systems Go

• Please check your spam/junk folder after registration, for your email. Thank you
Welcome to our Swinging Community
Join now to meet other like-minded swingers.
9 September 2017
Perhaps you should take this on board @Antogs (y)

The thing is I'm the kind of person who does an incredible amount of research before making any major decision. I'm a computer analyst so it's in my nature. :cool:

I've downloaded several review videos (some nearly an hour long and very thorough) made by recognised authorities within the motor industry.
I've downloaded literally reams of reviews from magazines, independent reviewers, and the general car buying public.

They have all been universal in their praise of the 3rd generation BMW Mini. Honestly, not a single dissenting voice. To top it all my mum's neighbour has one and I asked her the other day for an honest opinion. She said it was by far the best car she'd ever driven.

I've got no axe to grind here. I'm not just being stubborn.

The consensus is that the 1.5 is the sweet spot for Mini's.
I don't know what else I can say. I am genuinely shocked at the adverse opinions on here.
I mean, it's a BMW after all. Not renowned for shoddy workmanship are they?

I'm not sure if the earlier models had any particular problems but since the 3rd iteration was brought out in 2015 their record and reputation for reliability appears impeccable.

All I can suggest is that once I've got mine I take Mr and Mrs J out for a drive in the countryside.
If the car breaks down I'm quite happy to be filmed being stripped naked, tied to a tree, spanked and generally taken advantage of.
If however, the car performs as I hope then it'll be me and Mr J showing Mrs J the error of her ways (y):whistle::p:cool: xx

Reactions: Pearls
Pearls

MOTM

18 July 2015
The thing is I'm the kind of person who does an incredible amount of research before making any major decision. I'm a computer analyst so it's in my nature. :cool:

I've downloaded several review videos (some nearly an hour long and very thorough) made by recognised authorities within the motor industry.
I've downloaded literally reams of reviews from magazines, independent reviewers, and the general car buying public.

They have all been universal in their praise of the 3rd generation BMW Mini. Honestly, not a single dissenting voice. To top it all my mum's neighbour has one and I asked her the other day for an honest opinion. She said it was by far the best car she'd ever driven.

I've got no axe to grind here. I'm not just being stubborn.

The consensus is that the 1.5 is the sweet spot for Mini's.
I don't know what else I can say. I am genuinely shocked at the adverse opinions on here.
I mean, it's a BMW after all. Not renowned for shoddy workmanship are they?

I'm not sure if the earlier models had any particular problems but since the 3rd iteration was brought out in 2015 their record and reputation for reliability appears impeccable.

All I can suggest is that once I've got mine I take Mr and Mrs J out for a drive in the countryside.
If the car breaks down I'm quite happy to be filmed being stripped naked, tied to a tree, spanked and generally taken advantage of.
If however, the car performs as I hope then it'll be me and Mr J showing Mrs J the error of her ways (y):whistle::p:cool: xx
What I have read here though, it seems mostly negative, It's a lot of money so maybe take some of it on board x

T

Terryg

Controversial time.. BMW "raped" our British motor industry so they could get 4 Wheel Drive technology.. and a Small Car to suit they're needs.. then dropped the company like a shitty stick..and ran. Nuff said.

D

Deleted member 3657

I have a BMW Mini Cooper S, have to say its a great car, but when something goes wrong it can be very expensive, especially if they need code reading x
eBay, you can get code readers for next to nothing and all the codes are online. That way you can find out yourself what is the fault and not rely on the mechanic.

19 March 2015
Antogs my man, your money, your choice, your decisions... You are the one to enjoy it, so you do just that. You've come into what you'd organised previously, it's paid off - so bloody well enjoy it any way you choose to do so. (y)

Just don't buy a BMW Mini :rofl:
Joke.. ;)

Reactions: MP386
MP386

MOTM

9 November 2015
And we have still got one , will be driving it back to the uk soon with trailer ..as to bmv dont get my john going on this thread
I am more of an old Ford lover myself only have 3 so not too greedy but classic Mini’s are just so much fun to drive ... everyone has their favourites...