Are You A Free Thinker Or A Sheep

• Please check your spam/junk folder after registration, for your email. Thank you
Welcome to our Swinging Community
Join now to meet other like-minded swingers.
26 July 2016
City
Bolton
We both are free thinkers so will always be slightly difficult for people who feel they are in a position of power or control to deal with as we wont react like the majority of sheep in this life.

I personally react to being told what to do (normally by a sheep given power by another sheep) by others as I don't feel they have the given right to tell me what to do.

We would guess that a lot of people in this lifestyle will be free thinkers too given your not following the norm by virtue of picking this lifestyle over the norm.

M

meet_the_fockers

We both are free thinkers so will always be slightly difficult for people who feel they are in a position of power or control to deal with as we wont react like the majority of sheep in this life.

I personally react to being told what to do (normally by a sheep given power by another sheep) by others as I don't feel they have the given right to tell me what to do.

We would guess that a lot of people in this lifestyle will be free thinkers too given your not following the norm by virtue of picking this lifestyle over the norm.
Baaa Baaa
I am in the strangest of moods have you noticed..
Sheep? I'm a wolf i eat em.. :D x

N

No longer with us

I think there's a difference between choosing to follow the rules of a community on the one hand and following rules without any justification. If there's a golden rule at a club, surely, it's "no means no". No one would ever dream of not following that one... because it's a sensible rule that places everyone else's bodies and choices first.

Someone saying "Well, I choose not to follow that rule because I'm a free thinker" would quickly find themselves excluded.

Reactions: Pearls
26 July 2016
City
Bolton
I think there's a difference between choosing to follow the rules of a community on the one hand and following rules without any justification. If there's a golden rule at a club, surely, it's "no means no". No one would ever dream of not following that one... because it's a sensible rule that places everyone else's bodies and choices first.

Someone saying "Well, I choose not to follow that rule because I'm a free thinker" would quickly find themselves excluded.
Free thinkers often are excluded but normally by themselves as they wont blindly follow (taking your line of thinking) we don't go to clubs but that's nothing to do with following the no rule as that's just sense but we did not just accept the rule we thought about it first cos we are not sheep

N

No longer with us

but we did not just accept the rule we thought about it first cos we are not sheep

That's fair; and also the difference I mentioned; considering a rule and choosing to follow it knowing the consequences isn't the same as blindly following.

P

peakcouple

Very much free thinkers, Rose has always been 'alternative' - hippy when young, lived in a commune when first married, been a pagan for ages, does reiki, yoga, etc, Geoff has always been keen not to follow the herd and has always spoken his mind - not something bosses always wanted to hear but so what! That's why we get on so well.

Of course there are rules which must be obeyed, but that's not the same thing.

5 July 2016
City
Ossett

Depends on the situation really.

Do I drive at 40mph in a 40mph area? Yep I do.

Would I edge through a red light to make way for an ambulance? Yep I did and got fined & 3 points for it (the Highway Code says don't do it. I considered it safe and hopefully helped that ambulance get to its destination on time).

B x

M

meet_the_fockers

Depends on the situation really.

Do I drive at 40mph in a 40mph area? Yep I do.

Would I edge through a red light to make way for an ambulance? Yep I did and got fined & 3 points for it (the Highway Code says don't do it. I considered it safe and hopefully helped that ambulance get to its destination on time).

B x
No way!!

5 July 2016
City
Ossett
Yes way. Highway Code says you must comply with signs (and signals it seems) even when emergency services need to get through. The camera flashed me and my explanation discredited.

Rule 219
Emergency and Incident Support vehicles. You should look and listen for ambulances, fire engines, police, doctors or other emergency vehicles using flashing blue, red or green lights and sirens or flashing headlights, or traffic officer and incident support vehicles using flashing amber lights. When one approaches do not panic. Consider the route of such a vehicle and take appropriate action to let it pass, while complying with all traffic signs. If necessary, pull to the side of the road and stop, but try to avoid stopping before the brow of a hill, a bend or narrow section of road. Do not endanger yourself, other road users or pedestrians and avoid mounting the kerb. Do not brake harshly on approach to a junction or roundabout, as a following vehicle may not have the same view as you.

B x

5 July 2016
City
Ossett
Yes way. Highway Code says you must comply with signs (and signals it seems) even when emergency services need to get through. The camera flashed me and my explanation discredited.

Rule 219
Emergency and Incident Support vehicles. You should look and listen for ambulances, fire engines, police, doctors or other emergency vehicles using flashing blue, red or green lights and sirens or flashing headlights, or traffic officer and incident support vehicles using flashing amber lights. When one approaches do not panic. Consider the route of such a vehicle and take appropriate action to let it pass, while complying with all traffic signs. If necessary, pull to the side of the road and stop, but try to avoid stopping before the brow of a hill, a bend or narrow section of road. Do not endanger yourself, other road users or pedestrians and avoid mounting the kerb. Do not brake harshly on approach to a junction or roundabout, as a following vehicle may not have the same view as you.

B x

Can't mount kerbs either if you read it :confused:

5 July 2016
City
Ossett
This actually happened to a guy he mounted the kerb for police and collided with a mother and baby on the pavement because he panicked

I would think that's called being a moron :palm:.
I think Judgement and common sense should be used, however I agree not all people have these qualities.
I would've thought it obvious not to run over actual people to move out of the way of an emergency vehicle :palm:.

I do hope the woman and baby were unhurt.

B x

24 November 2015
I would think that's called being a moron :palm:.
I think Judgement and common sense should be used, however I agree not all people have these qualities.
I would've thought it obvious not to run over actual people to move out of the way of an emergency vehicle :palm:.

I do hope the woman and baby were unhurt.

B x
He was old and in his panic didn't see them

5 July 2016
City
Ossett
He was old and in his panic didn't see them
Hmmm he must've felt quite terrible. Maybe I was too judgemental.

Perhaps a change in liscense laws would be a more sensible comment to make.
Forklift drivers have to have refresher courses every 3 years and I believe (but could be wrong) HGV drivers have to have refreshers.
Maybe the general public should have to have incremental refresher courses too?

B x

M

meet_the_fockers

Was i the only one who saw mounted with a whole different minds eye.

T

The_Bibas

Oooo such a difficult one...

I think it is obvious..
Can't stand people who don't look outside the box.. Really irates me
XxxBibaxxX

1 August 2015
City
North Walsham
Hmmm he must've felt quite terrible. Maybe I was too judgemental.

and I believe (but could be wrong) HGV drivers have to have refreshers.
B x
Not for actually driving, but every 5 years have to do 40 hours of class room refresher courses (Drivers CPC) 5 X 8 hours at £70 = £350 for the government money grabbing bastards, to sit in front of a 25 yr old who haven't got a HGV licence trying to tell me how to do my job when I've been doing for more years than his fecking age :anger: