are you religious?

• Please check your spam/junk folder after registration, for your email. Thank you
Welcome to our Swinging Community
Join now to meet other like-minded swingers.
10 March 2015
As a youngster, I was always very curious about religion, even attended Sunday school briefly..... until they asked me to leave!
Why?
Because I asked too many questions!
I was just very curious, and didn't take the answers at face value, always enquiring.

As I grew older, I found the answers led to more questions, which people couldn't answer, so for me, I couldn't "just believe" without proof.

However, I did feel that the 10 commandments were a decent attempt at a guide on how we should all try to live, and so I guess I've been influenced by the "Christian" way of thinking.
I think, if I had to categorise myself, then Atheist covers it.

I do however respect other peoples beliefs, I just wish they could all get along lol!

Reactions: Admin and Pearls
22 July 2015
While I respect the right for other people to believe what they want I don't have any beliefs I adhere to myself. So I'd say I'm an Athiest with agnostic tendencies. But if somebody is deeply religious then I have the utmost respect for that, just don't expect to convert me to that way of thinking. I have my own reasons for not being religious and when you lose your dad to cancer and he was a good man, it makes you wonder what on earth was the point of believing that he has gone to a better place when it's us that are suffering. Then you see stuff on the news where a child dies in a house fire or a family are wiped out by a plane crash and then you look at the truly evil people who are still living and breathing and making life miserable for others while living a life of luxury. If that's one god's plan for this world then I don't want anything to do with it, but that's just my own personal views.

Reactions: Admin and Pearls
28 May 2015
I don't look at the suffering in the world and wonder if God is absent. There will always be suffering and violence. It's the nature of the world.

I simply don't believe in stuff that cannot be proven. I find no evidence of a God so I don't believe. I follow science. I also don't believe in linear time or so called "reality".

A

AlphaOmega

I was raised in the Church of Wales and until I was eighteen was the head of our church choir.
I had originally intended at this time to join the church as a Vicar but upon learning my vicar had been arrested had, a crisis of faith, I guess you could call it.
I still believe in a God and have faith it's just that I no longer have as much faith in the church as an institution.