Benefits

• Please check your spam/junk folder after registration, for your email. Thank you
Welcome to our Swinging Community
Join now to meet other like-minded swingers.
24 November 2015
Ive worked since I was 13 ,I've never received any benefit other than child benefit , whilst the kids were first born I lived off savings id set aside and maternity pay from my employer , at 28 I got my first diagnosis of breast cancer and battled it for 15yrs never once claimed a dime from the state,at 45 till last year I worked five jobs until it nearly killed me and I was forced to cut back on jobs, I personally know a family with nine kids who blatantly stated why should we work when we get everything from the government and we don't have to do a thing to get it when mugs like me pay the taxes

4 July 2017
City
Glastonbury
As I already pointed out the vast majority of the benefits budget goes to a) pensioners and b) people who are already working.

Less than 1% goes to 'the unemployed', and only a tiny, tiny minority of those are what you could class as 'benefit scroungers' - yet that stereotype is used to depict everyone on benefits.

How is that possible?

?

19 March 2015
Just the opposite in fact.
Yes I know, my post was in context to a reply before, but I messed up on context of it by dropping a quote.
It was in fact a statement meant for @meandlis (y)

Which is the precise point in the OP indeed.
However, obviously, there is a lot of issues and is never as straight forward as that due to the very complex issues involved.

Ah but that's almost putting words into @Pearls mouth isn't it.. That's not really what was asked. It's not about her having a point of view that is sustained by your collage, more an objective post with a question related; "Is our benefit system working?"
In that post, contextually, you are trying to suggest that there is a Tory political undertone taken and a suggestive one that "workhouses should be reintroduced to help the poor" kind of attitude, which is not the case.
There's no Tory led agenda, no poor bashing... but an interest and genuine question after watching a deeply sensitive documentary. Which I managed to watch only some of due to working on things. But I got the gist of it.
Not sure of the sway from the journalism involved though so can't pass comment.
In it's basic form, this is more to the point I believe, but I may be wrong;

So in this context, it seems you may be looking too far into post, looking for political undertones that don't exist.. (y)
(bearing in mind we work in different rooms plus have a kiddie home ill, who is eye-siding me at every moment :D)

He's just a wally end of.
But does he have a point about the Left being the true fascists... :whistle:

Joke. :D
Hopefully that edit clears it up. :)

Reactions: Pearls
26 July 2016
City
Bolton
Ive worked since I was 13 ,I've never received any benefit other than child benefit , whilst the kids were first born I lived off savings id set aside and maternity pay from my employer , at 28 I got my first diagnosis of breast cancer and battled it for 15yrs never once claimed a dime from the state,at 45 till last year I worked five jobs until it nearly killed me and I was forced to cut back on jobs, I personally know a family with nine kids who blatantly stated why should we work when we get everything from the government and we don't have to do a thing to get it when mugs like me pay the taxes
Sounds like we also are a couple of them mugs that have worked all our lives so some lazy bugger can sit all day at home and get paid for it.

Lovernotfighter

MOTM

3 February 2016
City
York
As I already pointed out the vast majority of the benefits budget goes to a) pensioners and b) people who are already working.

Less than 1% goes to 'the unemployed', and only a tiny, tiny minority of those are what you could class as 'benefit scroungers' - yet that stereotype is used to depict everyone on benefits.

How is that possible?

?
Because of poor press coverage, I seem to remember that one of the main reasons given for the abolishing of DLA and the creation of PIP was because of supposed fraud, fraud that a parliamentary enquire found little or no evidence of.

Pearls

MOTM

18 July 2015
Then pray you never need assistance
It was a joke, now I hope I don't but if I do then I hope there is help there, I have no problem with genuine people getting help because they need it.. Do I have a problem with a member of my family receiving over £500 a week in benefits and having two cars and a caravan on the road simply because they choose not to work.. Yes I have a huge problem.

Reactions: Therapon
D

Deleted member 1030

Ah but that's almost putting words into @Pearls mouth isn't it..
and a suggestive one that "workhouses should be reintroduced to help the poor" kind of attitude
You say I'm putting words in people's mouths? o_O

I wasn't suggesting that @Pearls is a Tory (she's far too lovely for that) or believed that "workhouses should be reintroduced", I was saying that programmes, such as the one she quoted are rehashed, easily disproved, poor-bashing Tory propaganda. The danger - and, in fact, the point - of this sort of sensationalist garbage is to make people look away from the real causes of poverty, inequality and deprivation in this country.

Pearls

MOTM

18 July 2015
I will say it again, I am not into political bull shit, I speak from the truth and what I see every day, I think it's unfair that some people on benefits are more well off than the working family.

Reactions: Baldrick
4 July 2017
City
Glastonbury
Sounds like we also are a couple of them mugs that have worked all our lives so some lazy bugger can sit all day at home and get paid for it.
No-one's calling you a mug. You do what you do in your daily life to make ends meet - just the same as the vast, vast majority of people. You've just just been misled.

You know, if you wanted to talk about people stealing from your pocket... why not ask about the tax affairs of Google, Amazon, Vodafone, the banks and accounting firms.

Or are they worthy of the tax breaks and loopholes they exploit that genuinely steal billions from State coffers?

19 March 2015
Just the opposite in fact.
Yes I know, my post was in context to a reply before, but I messed up on context of it by dropping a quote.
It was in fact a statement meant for @meandlis (y)
You say I'm putting words in people's mouths? o_O

I wasn't suggesting that @Pearls is a Tory (she's far too lovely for that) or believed that "workhouses should be reintroduced", I was saying that programmes, such as the one she quoted are rehashed, easily disproved, poor-bashing Tory propaganda. The danger - and, in fact, the point - of this sort of sensationalist garbage is to make people look away from the real causes of poverty, inequality and deprivation in this country.
Ahh well then in that case, if it’s the programme itself you’re directing at then I agree that these types of broadcasts are just that; designed to create outrage and sensationalism. At worst to get people to objectify what could have previously been deemed friends etc.

19 March 2015
No-one's calling you a mug. You do what you do in your daily life to make ends meet - just the same as the vast, vast majority of people. You've just just been misled.

You know, if you wanted to talk about people stealing from your pocket... why not ask about the tax affairs of Google, Amazon, Vodafone, the banks and accounting firms.

Or are they worthy of the tax breaks and loopholes they exploit that genuinely steal billions from State coffers?
Agreed that the big boy Internet firms are seriously causing us all issues.
For instance, the EU are trying to change how the payments work on levies and taxes etc for corporate companies. Whereas they now only currently pay taxes in their country of residence, the EU is trying to make them pay taxes on all countries that they make transactions in. That country should be the one that gets the taxes. Rightly so.

D

Deleted member 1030

Ahh well then in that case, if it’s the programme itself you’re directing at then I agree that these types of broadcasts are just that; designed to create outrage and sensationalism. At worst to get people to objectify what could have previously been deemed friends etc.
Not doing very well with your quotes today, are you? :rofl:

4 July 2017
City
Glastonbury
Agreed that the big boy Internet firms are seriously causing us all issues.
For instance, the EU are trying to change how the payments work on levies and taxes etc for corporate companies. Whereas they now only currently pay taxes in their country of residence, the EU is trying to make them pay taxes on all countries that they make transactions in. That country should be the one that gets the taxes. Rightly so.
Ok, so why are we wasting time worrying about the have-nots versus the have-nothings below when the real theft is going on upstairs?

19 March 2015
Ok, so why are we wasting time worrying about the have-nots versus the have-nothings below when the real theft is going on upstairs?
As has been mentioned though;
It was a joke, now I hope I don't but if I do then I hope there is help there, I have no problem with genuine people getting help because they need it.. Do I have a problem with a member of my family receiving over £500 a week in benefits and having two cars and a caravan on the road simply because they choose not to work.. Yes I have a huge problem.
This IS an issue.
Having state benefits through choosing to, is something that needs to be addressed 100%.
Those who have it through no choice are not in the equation here.

Reactions: Baldrick