Benefits

• Please check your spam/junk folder after registration, for your email. Thank you
Welcome to our Swinging Community
Join now to meet other like-minded swingers.
Pearls

MOTM

18 July 2015
But we want a regime that's tough on benefits and discourages scroungers, don't we?

It's easy to say but the reality is another matter, I'm afraid.
I don't know what the solution is, all I know is what I do know from facts. I can't earn more than what some people get on benefits and that is also fact, what can be done? I don't know but I wish I could give my children two holidays a year.

4 July 2017
City
Glastonbury
I don't know what the solution is, all I know is what I do know from facts. I can't earn more than what some people get on benefits and that is also fact, what can be done? I don't know but I wish I could give my children two holidays a year.
Yeah, and for every family who's taking advantage of the system there are thousands who struggle.

I know that.

Reactions: Pearls
Pearls

MOTM

18 July 2015
Yeah, and for every family who's taking advantage of the system there are thousands who struggle.

I know that.
Probably yes but I wouldn't know, again I can only speak from experience and what I see and know. I shall give you an example of someone screwing the system..

Lets call him Bob
Bob goes to Admin and asks for a self build Pc off him
Admin says will do, what is your budget
Bob, it's my good pay week next week so is £700 enough
Admin.. More than enough but can you manage
Bob.. yes it's only for a week and I get more money then.

When he told me my jaw dropped, I first thought, what the hell am I doing wrong here, shit my laptop is knackered like..

26 July 2016
City
Bolton
Well being in a job that deals with people who are mostly unemployed they all seem to be able to smoke and drink heavily so that in my mind tells me that they are getting too much money. Looking back at when i used to home visits too everyone always had a far bigger TV than me and also Sky or some such pay tv package.

5 July 2016
City
Ossett
I want to move where you all live. How do you get all these benefits? Is it cos I work? :confused:

B x

5 July 2016
City
Ossett
Council houses are not easy to come by (not here anyway) but yes we do have a high level of immigration. There is simply nothing left!! I know this first hand.

We have a bidding system and it's shit. You have three bids per week. You can choose from maybe twelve properties and then it's all based on circumstance. These bids aren't money, you're just clicking on three houses you'd like to be accepted for.

Last year (as some may know) our landlord sold our house. We had two months to find another property and we struggled. Their was a massive demand in both public and private housing. We tried council houses and with only three weeks left we had applied along with another 142 families. We were nowhere near the top of the list and there was only about a dozen properties available :confused:.

Anyway we rented privately in the end as getting a council house these days is nigh on impossible. The government really wound down on building new council estates at the beginning of the recession.

B x

Reactions: Therapon
Lovernotfighter

MOTM

3 February 2016
City
York
Council houses are not easy to come by (not here anyway) but yes we do have a high level of immigration. There is simply nothing left!! I know this first hand.

We have a bidding system and it's shit. You have three bids per week. You can choose from maybe twelve properties and then it's all based on circumstance. These bids aren't money, you're just clicking on three houses you'd like to be accepted for.

Last year (as some may know) our landlord sold our house. We had two months to find another property and we struggled. Their was a massive demand in both public and private housing. We tried council houses and with only three weeks left we had applied along with another 142 families. We were nowhere near the top of the list and there was only about a dozen properties available :confused:.

Anyway we rented privately in the end as getting a council house these days is nigh on impossible. The government really wound down on building new council estates at the beginning of the recession.

B x
Agreed the lack of social, low cost rental, and employer tied housing is a major issue.

I remember my granddad telling me that when he came back to the town he grew up in (after leaving the army) most of the houses where either council (whch were the mst expensive and best kept) or owned by one of the breweries now because of sell free of one type of another most are privately owned and are expensive.

5 July 2016
City
Ossett
Benefits

So many people think people on benefits are scroungers. Kaz gets DLA because she has mental health issues.
While I agree some days she could definately work, there are other days she may be off sick because she is chronically depressed or having a manic state. She also has a carer/nurse who comes to see her a few times a week to check up on her. She is just not reliable enough to be a viable employee.

If you passed Kaz on the street you would think she is perfectly normal however I can assure you she is not. Am I happy about it? No. I would prefer it if we could both earn an income. We do get some state help but Kaz's monthly income (PIP) is less than my weekly income!

The irony is that we know exactly how to cheat the system. We have been advised that if I gave up work, we would have very nearly the same income given to us by the state.
I choose to go to work because it gives me a purpose, a reason to get up on a morning, it sets an example to my kids and I can preach with my head held high :D.
My longest period of unemployment since I was 16 was 1 week and for that week we lived off my redundancy money because I had already lined up another job whilst working my notice.

B x

P.s We declined the blue badge that people were trying to force onto Kaz for parking cos we don't need it. I don't think the higher ups understand Bi-polar. She can still walk across a car park :rofl:.

P.p.s we don't have a posh benefits car either. We have a run down battered old 2002 Vauxhall Zafira :rofl:, but it's my run down battered old 2002 Vauxhall Zafira (y).

19 March 2015
So many people think people on benefits are scroungers.
Agreed. I think the biggest issue, which @Pearls was trying to explain and had got lost in translation, seems to be how easy it is for some to get on to them, who don't need them and will take take take.
That places a situation then where people/government etc feel it needs to be cracked down upon but then that affects real genuine people who really need the help.
Excellent post too btw.

5 July 2016
City
Ossett
Agreed. I think the biggest issue, which @Pearls was trying to explain and had got lost in translation, seems to be how easy it is for some to get on to them, who don't need them and will take take take.
That places a situation then where people/government etc feel it needs to be cracked down upon but then that affects real genuine people who really need the help.
Excellent post too btw.

Thank you. It was just another of my rambles/tangents :).

I understand what @Pearls was saying and we know people who take take take from the system too including family who are perfectly capable of working and have very little excuse not to.
It's the frauds that need addressing so we can help the needy.

Kaz's nurse has actually urged me to give up work and I could get paid to be Kaz's carer :confused:. Is this cheating the system or would I actually be saving the government money and resources by not needing them to send a nurse/carer to see Kaz?
I genuinely don't know but I'm pretty sure it'd send me bonkers if I stayed at home all day with only Kaz and the kids to talk to. Wibble!

B x

D

Deleted member 6127

Following the recent outcry of care staff who are given 6 minutes to assist each resident in a care home.
Assist out of bed
Wash them with dignity and respect
Dress with appropriate care to their preference
Ensure their hair, make up and perfume is to thier statisfaction
Once a week shower
Administer medication
The list goes on and on in 6 minutes
And to add insult to injury they pay between £500-£1200 for this luxury a week, thier family homes are claimed by social services to pay the costs and they are given an allowance of £29.70 a fortnight for personal spend decided by the government of thier own equity.
Now those who have not been thrifty and don’t own thier own home still get 6 minutes of personal care and the government pay all care costs and gives them the same personal spend allowance.
The moral to this is no matter how hard you work and save the outcome remains the same, the system stinks. Cxxx

Lovernotfighter

MOTM

3 February 2016
City
York
Following the recent outcry of care staff who are given 6 minutes to assist each resident in a care home.
Assist out of bed
Wash them with dignity and respect
Dress with appropriate care to their preference
Ensure their hair, make up and perfume is to thier statisfaction
Once a week shower
Administer medication
The list goes on and on in 6 minutes
And to add insult to injury they pay between £500-£1200 for this luxury a week, thier family homes are claimed by social services to pay the costs and they are given an allowance of £29.70 a fortnight for personal spend decided by the government of thier own equity.
Now those who have not been thrifty and don’t own thier own home still get 6 minutes of personal care and the government pay all care costs and gives them the same personal spend allowance.
The moral to this is no matter how hard you work and save the outcome remains the same, the system stinks. Cxxx
That the problem with the care system, generally expensive and often poor quality, yet no one in power is willing to admit these facts.

D

Deleted member 6127

My point is how to protect your family from this appalling system of financial greed against the elderly.
While you are still deemed as having capacity:
If your home is mortgage free, sign it over to your children.
Stop paying into private company pensions, as this too is taken to top up care costs, open ISAs in your children’s and grandchildren’s names, it’s untouchable then by social services.
Gift your children and grandchildren if you have a large bank account leaving no more than £32k in the account as anymore will be used to pay your care home fees.
I see the despair in families when they realise once a parent goes into the care system the devastion of family homes being sold for care costs and nothing left for inheritance through ignorance, it’s too late then Cxxx

26 February 2018
City
Las Vegas
It took us 7 years to be helped by the council in Brighton even after being made homeless by our private landlord (Due to him having cancer & wanting to sell his property) So we were homeless with 2 young boys and my husband a full time wheelchair user! They offered us temporary accommodation in a 2nd floor flat with no lift!! Told that or nothing, he would have to crawl up the stairs :eek:!!!! So no, not everyone gets given help when it’s really needed - Thankfully after a horrendous battle including legal support & the four of us living in temporary (non disabled friendly!) accommodation for over 18 months, we now have our forever home, He still had to live with no shower or stairlift for 3 years though as told there were more important cases & no money left in the budget twice! I work full time and he only receives DLA, we get no other support.....I agree there are people that abuse the system which sadly gives the majority of us council tenants a bad name:(

4 July 2017
City
Glastonbury

B x

4 July 2017
City
Glastonbury
Aye, but a lack of social housing has little to do with immigration and everything to do with 30 years of under-investment in council housing and the policy of right to buy

Reactions: Pearls and Baldrick
4 July 2017
City
Glastonbury
It took us 7 years to be helped by the council in Brighton even after being made homeless by our private landlord (Due to him having cancer & wanting to sell his property) So we were homeless with 2 young boys and my husband a full time wheelchair user! They offered us temporary accommodation in a 2nd floor flat with no lift!! Told that or nothing, he would have to crawl up the stairs :eek:!!!! So no, not everyone gets given help when it’s really needed - Thankfully after a horrendous battle including legal support & the four of us living in temporary (non disabled friendly!) accommodation for over 18 months, we now have our forever home, He still had to live with no shower or stairlift for 3 years though as told there were more important cases & no money left in the budget twice! I work full time and he only receives DLA, we get no other support.....I agree there are people that abuse the system which sadly gives the majority of us council tenants a bad name:(
So when people say it's easy to get a council flat or it's easy to cheat the system, what do you think about that?

Reactions: Pearls
26 February 2018
City
Las Vegas
So when people say it's easy to get a council flat or it's easy to cheat the system, what do you think about that?
No it’s not easy! Well certainly not in my area. These TV programmes really don’t show the true picture of genuine people in need of help & support.
Yes some people do cheat the system which makes me so angry as even with myself working full time we live on the bread line.

D

Deleted member 6684

I am for a system that does not allow benefits for anything but a roof over one's head, food on a plate and a cup of non-alchoholic beverage.

Anything else or support that is used for anything else is immoral. Probably not illegal but lawmakers should ensure the taxpayer's money is not abused.

Reactions: Lips_Pearls
4 July 2017
City
Glastonbury
I am for a system that does not allow benefits for anything but a roof over one's head, food on a plate and a cup of non-alchoholic beverage.

Anything else or support that is used for anything else is immoral. Probably not illegal but lawmakers should ensure the taxpayer's money is not abused.
"Immoral"??

Really?

How about electric or help with travel... extra costs to help meet the care of someone who's disabled...?

I could go on...

5 July 2016
City
Ossett
Aye, but a lack of social housing has little to do with immigration and everything to do with 30 years of under-investment in council housing and the policy of right to buy
In our neck of the woods there is actually a direct correlation to a high level of immigration and under-investment in council housing.
You can't let tens of thousands of people with nothing into the country, house them, not build new houses, then wonder why there's no council houses left :confused:.

Now I'm not suggesting torches and pitchforks against the immigrants, I'm simply suggesting build more houses to replace the ones we've given them. You simply can't have the population increasing faster than you can build the accomodation to support it. It simply doesn't make sense.

I appreciate not replacing the houses the government sold on the 'Right To Buy' scheme is also a big contributing factor to the lack of social housing.

B x