Best Piece Of Advice You Have Ever Been Given?

• Please check your spam/junk folder after registration, for your email. Thank you
Welcome to our Swinging Community
Join now to meet other like-minded swingers.
1 August 2015
City
North Walsham
If all else fails....plead ignorance xxjxx
Also your Mum's the best friend you will ever have xxjxx
Don't look directly at the sun without protection xxjxx
Don't believe anything anyone tells you xxjxx

Reactions: Therapon
22 March 2015
City
Tenby
Never trust anyone unless you are 100% that they are who they say they are.

19 March 2015
This is going to sound a bit lame.... but the other week at the out laws, while having coffee and waiting for lunch, we were watching Saturday kitchen as we do every week. (if sport isn't on) and Mary Berry was on and making homemade scotch eggs.

She said don't throw the shells away but instead use them around the bases of your hosta's to stop slugs eating them..
So, we have a lot of hosta's in the garden and they always get chomped, pisses me off no end.
Used the shells as suggested, boom! It only bloody works!
No more half eaten hosta's in the garden.
:D

M

meet_the_fockers

This is going to sound a bit lame.... but the other week at the out laws, while having coffee and waiting for lunch, we were watching Saturday kitchen as we do every week. (if sport isn't on) and Mary Berry was on and making homemade scotch eggs.

She said don't throw the shells away but instead use them around the bases of your hosta's to stop slugs eating them..
So, we have a lot of hosta's in the garden and they always get chomped, pisses me off no end.
You didnt know this? Whereve you been!! Half a pint of real ale buried in the soil they love this too.. drown the slippery lil feckers bluergh!!

P

peakcouple

"Never get off a moving bus" shows how old that advice was as it isn't possible now!

D

Deleted member 3175

Ohh I shall take note of that, I used to have loads had to move into pots so they didn't get munched! Xxxxx

4 July 2017
City
Glastonbury
Something my dad said to me some years ago:

"If you really want to piss people off, be happy."

Wise words

N

No longer with us

On the subject of advice, when I qualified as an accountant, the FINAL set of exams I was give four bits of advice I wish I'd been given SO, SO many years earlier. I pass them on to people taking exams now and since we're in an advice thread, I pass them on to anyone who has relatives or children facing exams:

1. RTFQ: Read the Fucking Question. Make sure you're writing down what they want to know, not what you want to tell them.
2. The 5 Ps: Perfect Preparation Prevents Pisspoor Performance. The more you practice, the easier it gets.
3. KISS: Keep It Simple, Stupid: Don't assume the examiner knows anything; tell them everything.

And finally, the most important bit of advice I can tell anyone taking exams: the trick to passing exams is to get the marks, not to answer the question. Make sure you're getting the marks. (Bonus: the first half of the marks in any question is easier than the last half, so if you're time limited, make sure you're getting the easy marks...)