Christmas And Supermarkets Et Al

• Please check your spam/junk folder after registration, for your email. Thank you
Welcome to our Swinging Community
Join now to meet other like-minded swingers.
19 March 2015
Evening Sexy Peeps. :)
So Tesco's, Asda's, Sainsbury's and Morrison's have all been fighting to open their stores on Christmas Day due to other denominating religions.

Tesco Extra, in London only, open on Christmas Day but these shops are ran by people of other faiths.

Marks & Spenser's have stated they will not compete with the other superstores and have stated they will refuse to open, even if granted the licences in order to open on Christmas Day.

What do you think?
Are we a 'traditional' country where supermarkets and shops should remain closed on Christmas Day and Easter, or should we allow and reasonably expect them to open, due to our multicultural society?

Shouldn't other religions and cultures, respect our beliefs, traditions and more - as we would respect theirs. (just for ONE day)...
When in Rome, do as the Romans?

Debate but keep it clean please. ;)

N

No longer with us

So Tesco's, Asda's, Sainsbury's and Morrison's have all been fighting to open their stores on Christmas Day due to other denominating religions.

Tesco Extra, in London only, open on Christmas Day but these shops are ran by people of other faiths.

Marks & Spenser's have stated they will not compete with the other superstores and have stated they will refuse to open, even if granted the licences in order to open on Christmas Day.

What do you think?
Are we a 'traditional' country where supermarkets and shops should remain closed on Christmas Day and Easter, or should we allow and reasonably expect them to open, due to our multicultural society?

Shouldn't other religions and cultures, respect our beliefs, traditions and more - as we would respect theirs. (just for ONE day)...

Wash ur mouth out :mad::mad:

Therapon

Admin
11 August 2015
Uhm tbh I think it's more about money and religion is simply being used to futher their gains.

M

meet_the_fockers

Closed.
Saying that i have to work Christmas. So..
But come on
Christmas!! Are you having a giraffe?
Shove off with bloody Christmas!!

D

Deleted member 6485

364 days is more than plenty enough to go buy groceries. Everywhere should remain shut. Surely the little shops cant possibly do much business on that one day

Reactions: Therapon
S

Sammy

I have to say coming from good old traditional Irish family

When I was growing up everywhere was shut for days

It was all about the family and the religious celebrations

Food and drink atthe plenty for most

I personally would hate to to see everywhere open

I struggle with even the idea of going to a restaurant for dinner
On Christmas Day

Sx

19 March 2015
Closed.
Saying that i have to work Christmas. So..
But come on
Christmas!! Are you having a giraffe?
Shove off with bloody Christmas!!
I've worked many Christmases, but we're talking about supermarkets - not life dependant jobs, or in this case;
I struggle with even the idea of going to a restaurant for dinner
On Christmas Day
Having to serve people dinner on Christmas Day.

Surely there should be an allowance for one day?
It's bad enough we have Boxing Day sales advertised in November, and Boxing Day shops are open.
When I was younger, the country came to a standstill for three days... Aside from life dependant and emergency services etc.

D

Deleted member 1030

Our shop at the end of the road is open. Family business and they don't celebrate, so fair enough. Handy when you discover you've forgotten the Paxo.
No need whatsoever for big supermarket chains to open. Like @Therapon says, they're using religion as an excuse to make money.

Reactions: Therapon
D

Deleted member 3657

The fuckas didn't consider our at Christmas in Iraq and Afghanistan. The fucks.
On a serious note, I do believe the tradition has been lost in the commercial entity of retail.

24 November 2015
Our local co_op store opened christmas day last year for the time 10am, till 4pm it stated on the door by noon they had closed ,spoke to one of the lasses who worked it and she said not 1 customer entered the store so she had missed 3 hours with her young family all because greed overrode tradition

D

Deleted member 1030

I know it is a totally different situation and by no means was I casting anything derogatory towards other ethnicities living in the UK.
What happened out there was that the amount of contact had an upward turn at Christmas.
Yes - and anyone who has served out there is a lot braver than I am. Respect.
But this is the sort of thing these big businesses are hoping to exploit. Get people thinking it's about religion/race/culture when it's actually about making more money.
@Lips_Pearls is correct - we're losing bits of ourselves.

T

The_Bibas

What do you think?

Religion is false.. People follow invisible gods. Hindi alone has over 3 million gods.. There are approx 450 different religious groups and beliefs..
What makes our belief or our God the right one?
Consumerism is the new religion and has more followers than any other religious fraction.... It is one that actually unites us..
So yes of course they should open on any day they so wish.. If your religion says stay at home... Then stay at home... It won't affect you...
Simple

XxxBibaxxX