Dating Websites And Kids..

• Thread starter Deleted member 3870
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
  • Please check your spam/junk folder after registration, for your email. Thank you
Welcome to our Swinging Community
Join now to meet other like-minded swingers.
D

Deleted member 3870

Ok, so I might be talking about a subject that people find a bit offensive since I don't think everyone will agree with me, but it has to be talked about because I'm sick to fucking death of seeing it.

I'm not talking about sex sites or sites like this one, but real dating sites where for a lot of people, the end goal is to be in a relationship or at least someone to date pretty regularly. Like Plenty of Fish or OkCupid.

So what I'm getting at, is why the fuck do people insist on having pictures of themselves with their kid as their profile picture or in their gallery? I understand that the reason is so potential dates can see that they're child friendly and lots of women like that because it shows care etc.

But am I the only one who finds it a bit fucking weird? I was talking to this guy on Plenty of Fish and I looked at his gallery and a fucking scan picture of his little baby was on there! Dating sites in general are 18+ and I just think it's odd. It's not Facebook where it's ok to post multiple pictures of your kid(s), even though it's irritating to fuck when people do that.

It's a heck of a lot easier for people on dating sites to easily date that person to get close to their kid and then one day, that person will find their kid gone. So it's not only annoying, cringey and creepy to see that on a dating site, but it's also about fucking safety for that child!

Kids are still at risk even on Facebook so it's a bit weird regardless of where the pics are being posted.

Any way, rant over. Sorry. Well. not really but whatever.

Admin

Admin
15 September 2014
I agree. I will also add, we're not alone.. People have added photos of themselves with their kids here too - and quickly edited by myself or deleted. It's not right and it's seriously dangerous for the children. We have had to remove many photos as a result of this.
But I agree with you in all fairness.

22 March 2015
City
Tenby
Very hard for me to comment as I have never been on such sites but I am shocked at what you have said, do people really behave in this manner, I do know that photos of children are a huge no no on the internet, very disturbing to read if I'm honest X

Admin

Admin
15 September 2014
In fact Miss Brunette, as recently as only 2 weeks ago a gentleman put up a photo of himself in a wedding suit, with his sons either side of him. I had to crop the image there and then.. So as recently as two weeks ago we have had them here.
I didn't really want to post too much here but I wanted to show to you, even a sex/swinging site like ours has this issue and it is bang out of order. x

D

Deleted member 3870

In fact Miss Brunette, as recently as only 2 weeks ago a gentleman put up a photo of himself in a wedding suit, with his sons either side of him. I had to crop the image there and then.. So as recently as two weeks ago we have had them here.
I didn't really want to post too much here but I wanted to show to you, even a sex/swinging site like ours has this issue and it is bang out of order. x
Yup, I know. Lovehoney come across it a lot. And I mean a lot. It's really quite baffling..

D

Deleted member 3411

I've known even worse, of cause I'm not on Plenty of Fish anymore but I do remember the days when I would look in at profiles and would find profiles were the ONLY pictures were of the children not even a picture of the woman who was trying to find a date. Yes you have children yes I am interested in someone who has children but no I do not want to date your children so I want to look at you ok.

D

Deleted member 3870

I just don't understand why, if you are on a site to meet for a date then why would you include children, as said I have never been on sites of this nature but if I had then it would be me only. X
Give this lady a medal :)

Reactions: Admin
D

Deleted member 3870

I've known even worse, of cause I'm not on Plenty of Fish anymore but I do remember the days when I would look in at profiles and would find profiles were the ONLY pictures were of the children not even a picture of the woman who was trying to find a date. Yes you have children yes I am interested in someone who has children but no I do not want to date your children so I want to look at you ok.
Haha! Exactly this!

22 March 2015
City
Tenby
Some people are mad X

D

Deleted member 3411

Some people are mad X
I think the one of the problems for women who have been alone for so long is that there concentration has always been on their children so they think they are the focal point of their attempts to date. I don't think having the children specifically is an error except for the risk that they are putting their children under but more and error of judgement because it puts out the wrong message. On sites like this so there should be no pictures of anything other than the people themselves most certainly not their pets dogs either !

22 March 2015
City
Tenby
I think the one of the problems for women who have been alone for so long is that there concentration has always been on their children so they think they are the focal point of their attempts to date. I don't think having the children specifically is an error except for the risk that they are putting their children under but more and error of judgement because it puts out the wrong message. On sites like this so there should be no pictures of anything other than the people themselves most certainly not their pets dogs either !
As I said it is hard for me to comment never being on sites other than here and another, I can not comment on how people using children as I have none so don't see the connection they have which is needed to promote themselves in this manner. I do see danger of course but with anything all carry risks X

D

Deleted member 3870

I almost told the guy I was talking to that he's a fucking idiot but I bit my tongue lol

Reactions: Lace
D

Deleted member 3411

I tell you what's right here and now I will answer the big question that lots of women have... why the bloody fish?
Quite simply the only photograph they could find to put up is the one there mate took after they caught a big fish. Although one viewpoints I found interesting was that other woman who would never date anyone who's photograph was taken in the bathroom mirror because for her that meant he was taking a photograph in the one place his partner wouldn't see him while taking it.....

D

Deleted member 3870

I tell you what's right here and now I will answer the big question that lots of women have... why the bloody fish?
Quite simply the only photograph they could find to put up is the one there mate took after they caught a big fish. Although one viewpoints I found interesting was that other woman who would never date anyone who's photograph was taken in the bathroom mirror because for her that meant he was taking a photograph in the one place his partner wouldn't see him while taking it.....
Haha I've always wondered about the fish myself! The bathroom pictures are just gross. It's a selfie rule. No one likes it when other people have pictures of themselves where a toilet is clearly in the background..

D

Deleted member 3411

I've never been on plenty of fish or a site of this type, do pics need approval on there?

If so why are pics including minors being approved
They do that the photographs once in a while and remove any that are considered inappropriate. Mostly they remove ones which are considered to be risky or sexual in nature. one woman I used to speak to had her pictures removed because they said they were sexual when was that actually meant was she had lovely big boobs..... I think the one that's got me was a woman looking for date and the photographs were obviously very old and when I looked carefully realised they were of a young Jennifer Aniston... lol

Lovernotfighter

MOTM

3 February 2016
City
York
Haha I've always wondered about the fish myself! The bathroom pictures are just gross. It's a selfie rule. No one likes it when other people have pictures of themselves where a toilet is clearly in the background..
I know why people do the bathroom mirror photo but what really gets me about said photos is that the bathrooms are always a bit grubby and need a clean.