Welcome to...
Social Swinging

A genuine site, by genuine swingers FOR swingers!

Register Today

For The Old Skool Ravers Among Us...

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Admin, 20 April 2016.

1. Admin

Admin Admin Sprtr

Haha fantastic :D never seen that before... :p

• Like Like x 2
  2. it's ok, typical British film, but shows all the raves in disused factories, leaflets, getting more popular and expanding to Ibiza, it's good to reminisce too

• Like Like x 1
  3. SteLinda

SteLinda PV Sprtr

Sadly this is all far too new for me.... well actually no it's not because I have that strange distinction of being an old raver. If I had been younger this most definitely would have been my scene. All that said I was once in a Ministry of Sound on holiday in my early fifties and the DJ there decided to put on some old stuff... so there I am raving away and the guys notice me. Suddenly they had big smiles on their faces and started giving me the salutes as all the teenagers in the room we're just jigging up and down a bit as they had been doing all night.... an interesting Twist on the Reversal of Dad dancing....

• Like Like x 4
  4. hahaha, sounds a good night was had!

• Like Like x 3
  5. SteLinda

SteLinda PV Sprtr

I think most of the teams were looking at me and thinking 'damn where does he get the energy'....

• Like Like x 3
  6. Pearls

Pearls #PearlsTechSupport Sprtr

So can I include Wham in this :D:D

• Like Like x 2
  7. Therapon

Therapon Admin Sprtr

:rofl::rofl:

• Like Like x 2
  8. Pearls

Oi I am serious you know... Epic :D:whistle:;)

• Like Like x 2
  9. Therapon

Therapon Admin Sprtr

Epic is not a word I'd use :cautious::whistle:

• Like Like x 2
  10. Pearls

Really..:cautious::cautious:

• Like Like x 2
  11. Meandlis

Meandlis PV Sprtr

:smackpaddle:

• Like Like x 2
  12. Pearls

Don't dis the Wham man :cautious:

• Like Like x 1
  13. Pearls

Shush you :rolleyes::cautious:

• Like Like x 2
  14. Therapon

Therapon Admin Sprtr

Yes really :D time is was off I think :rofl:

• Like Like x 2
  15. Pearls

Good at running :whistle::whistle::whistle:

• Like Like x 2
  16. Admin

Admin Admin Sprtr

Oh...My...Good...God..
    Wham Woman!! :eek: have you gone mad!? Old Skool ravers? *facepalm*

Love you though :whistle: :love: xxx

• Like Like x 3
  17. Pearls

Wham are old school hunni, they were out 30 years ago.... Oh and watch the spelling please baby cakes :D:p:whistle::cautious:

• Like Like x 4
  18. Meandlis

Meandlis PV Sprtr

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

• Like Like x 3
  19. Therapon

Therapon Admin Sprtr

Yep - well at least as far as the car :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 2
  20. I was well into House in the 90's. Jeremy Healy, Graeme Park, Danny Ramping & stuff like that. As I've got older I still listen to the 90's stuff but I probably listen to the origins of House more. Stuff like Larry Levan (Paradise Garage), David Mancuso (The Loft) & the Late Great Frankie Knuckles.

Mr Bump

• Like Like x 4
  21. Admin

Admin Admin Sprtr

You music taste continuously gets similar to mine Mr Bump, very wide, varied and not mainstream or conformist. ;)

Ahh the Godfather.. :)

Yeah definitely a house fan! :D

• Like Like x 2
  22. Parko used to play quite a lot in Aberdeen, used to love going to see him

• Like Like x 2
  23. Admin

Admin Admin Sprtr

Okay....... I have something I want to put to all the danceheads and ravers...
    I have mixes here, from a good friend of mine who is a DJ and was a DJ in the rave/dance/house/trance scene. He's very happy for me to distribute and he makes deep house mixes, he uses Dogglounge and more.
    I have deep house, podmixes and hard house/breaks&bleeps..

Is anyone interested in downloading these from me? They're completely legal files from my mate in London. I won't reveal his name for obvious reasons.
    I asked him one day to make a hardcore hard house mix for me? For a change from podmixes and house..? He did this superb set. Very deep, dark and hard house. Fkin amazing if I'm honest.

So for those who want some summer vibes and summer house, trance, breaks/beeps/bleeps and breakstyle. let me know and I will either host them here on our server or share them another way. You are most welcome to have them and play them away to your hearts content.

This is not advertising, this is me seeing how many dance heads we have, and offering albums to you from a friend of mine.
    :)

• Like Like x 2
  24. Admin

Admin Admin Sprtr

If you like deep/progressive then you will like this. He's a good mate of mine and does amazing sets. he can go a few ways depending on his mood, but either usually dark progressive, or chillout house. Very good stuff.
    This guy modded his attic for £13k to hold his vinyls! :eek:

• Like Like x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice