Fur Trade In Clothing.

• Please check your spam/junk folder after registration, for your email. Thank you
Welcome to our Swinging Community
Join now to meet other like-minded swingers.
4 July 2017
City
Glastonbury
I would still make a good suitcase with a fur handle...... how designer :palm: cxxx
There is a book in a museum in Bristol that is covered/bound in human skin. It's a large book, too, and the binding black. The skin of a man hanged for murder, just a little eff why aye as to how they handle things in Brizzol.

4 July 2017
City
Glastonbury
Look at the amount of unwanted mice and rats about, just thinking :whistle:
I know people who keep snakes. Personally, I think they look kinda cool but snakes don't give much back in terms of affection, well, they're incapable of it really, as reptiles have very primitive brains but... these people also breed rats for the snakes to eat so they've got this rat death camp next door providing fresh little corpses for the monsters in the snake house... I find the whole thing quite odd.

Reactions: Baldrick
4 July 2017
City
Glastonbury
I know people who keep snakes. Personally, I think they look kinda cool but snakes don't give much back in terms of affection, well, they're incapable of it really, as reptiles have very primitive brains but... these people also breed rats for the snakes to eat so they've got this rat death camp next door providing fresh little corpses for the monsters in the snake house... I find the whole thing quite odd.
Yeah, I kinda got run over by my own train of thought there...

Ok, so the point was it's not like snakes live on air or anyone will shed a tear for a dead rat but I used to keep rats as a boy and I find something instinctively distasteful about it. I care about the welfare of these animals. But not all.

At the same time I happily eat meat every day, wearing horse hair slippers as we speak with little thought to the animals killed to achieve that. Hundreds of millions of chickens a year we eat, and someone says some other people are being horrible to some other, fluffier creatures over there...

It has something to do with distance from the act and then with cultural or sentimental feelings thrown on top.

Our attitudes towards animal welfare are utterly hypocritical. Mine included.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 1030

Our attitudes towards animal welfare are utterly hypocritical. Mine included.
I'm not sure 'hypocrtical' is fair... 'complicated' is probably nearer the mark. Let's face it, nature is cruel. It truly is a survival of the fittest, fastest, most Machiavellian.
There is a good argument for vegetarianism in the modern age - but not one I'm ready for tbh. I like eating meat, it provides me with all sorts of nutrition and goodness.... and, y'know, bacon butties.

4 July 2017
City
Glastonbury
I'm not sure 'hypocrtical' is fair... 'complicated' is probably nearer the mark. Let's face it, nature is cruel. It truly is a survival of the fittest, fastest, most Machiavellian.
There is a good argument for vegetarianism in the modern age - but not one I'm ready for tbh. I like eating meat, it provides me with all sorts of nutrition and goodness.... and, y'know, bacon butties.
Completely - it's brutal and often short out in the wild. But the industrial processes we've developed create short and stunted existences for whatever we farm. It's not natural in any sense. It's industrial death.

I'm kinda back to my original throwaway point:

If you want to eat or use part of an animal, kill it and prepare it yourself. See how you feel about it then.

Maybe. I dunno.

D

Deleted member 1030

If you want to eat or use part of an animal, kill it and prepare it yourself. See how you feel about it then.
Bleurgh, I've seen someone do it to a rabbit (and smelled it - I lived in a caravan, at the time... oh feck me sideways, it stunk the van out for weeks). It's a vile process that I'd rather have no part in.

I loved the resulting stew, though.

5 July 2016
City
Ossett
It's an odd distinction tho'?

Some animals are worthy of care and protection but others aren't?

Why is a horse better than a cow?
I have often wondered this. As I understand it, a horse is considered a noble beast (n).
I don't know to be honest but them Tesco's lasagnes a couple of years ago were delicious :eek::censored:. Oh I'm joking, don't everybody get on their high horse (boom boom :D).

B x

5 July 2016
City
Ossett
Odd isn't it all this.

I don't like the fur trade, animal testing, hunting, fishing (sorry fishermen/women entusiasts) or any other form of cruelty to animals....... Yet I will eat their flesh, unhatched eggs, drink their milk :confused:.

Maybe I justify it as it's within nature to eat other animals. It happens everyday all over the animal kingdom.
It's killing or hunting for sport I dislike. I appreciate this makes me a massive hypocrite :(.

B x

4 July 2017
City
Glastonbury
Odd isn't it all this.

I don't like the fur trade, animal testing, hunting, fishing (sorry fishermen/women entusiasts) or any other form of cruelty to animals....... Yet I will eat their flesh, unhatched eggs, drink their milk :confused:.

Maybe I justify it as it's within nature to eat other animals. It happens everyday all over the animal kingdom.
It's killing or hunting for sport I dislike. I appreciate this makes me a massive hypocrite :(.

B x

Yeah, I can't square the circle either, short of going vegan, but I'm not built for that. Just inadvertently murdering animals.

(n)

Reactions: Pearls