Gone Too Far???

• Thread starter Deleted member 3657
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
  • Please check your spam/junk folder after registration, for your email. Thank you
Welcome to our Swinging Community
Join now to meet other like-minded swingers.
D

Deleted member 3657

Unless I misunderstand my English then the original article (not the post) is in itself bigotry. I'll leave it there.
It was one that I found on BBC, but the premise is also that it's somehow wrong if you choose not to date a trans person.

Going by the rationale of the OP, if a homosexual will not date a woman, or a lesbian will not date a man, purely because of their taste are they then heterophobic?

Reactions: Pearls
D

Deleted member 7954

I think everyone should have freedom of choice in every aspect of their life. Nobody should be dictated to or labelled a bigot for having that choice. Xxx

MP386

MOTM

9 November 2015
Guys, the post isn't about how people choose to live their lives. I've nothing against anyone. I've served with trans people. And still good friends with them. It's about being labelled a bigot and transphobic purely on the fact of personal taste in who people wish to date.
If by my choice of not wanting to date a trans person I am a bigot does the fact I choose not to date a man am I homophobic ? It just seems to be a little ridiculous to me ....everyday something new comes up you can’t do this you can’t do that....

D

Deleted member 1030

Of course it's not discriminatory, it's personal choice. No one should be dictated to as to who they do or do not fancy, that's just silly nonsense.

However, I disagree with @Kwaka_Rider on several points in his post (as you may have guessed :D). First of all, the term SJW, used in this context, is utter nonsense. Social Justice Warrior? So, someone who believes in social justice and is prepared to fight for it? What a terrible person that must be! :rolleyes: It's just lazy shorthand for 'people I disagree with'
Then there's this implication that there is some secret cabal of 'left wing liberals' who are somehow deciding all these things for everyone else. I'm left-wing and I really couldn't give a flying feck who you go out with tbh. I'm not sure if some contestant on a Channel 5 show can claim to represent the entire body of left-wing ideology, progressive thought or even the views of other transgender people. I can't even comment on Zinnia Jones, as I'd never heard of her until I read the OP, so I guess that doesn't make me a big fan of hers either. Is she a left-wing liberal? I genuinely don't know. For the record, I disagree with her and India Willoughby, but they are allowed to voice their opinions - which is precisely what they're doing, not dictating who you date.

Please feel free to disagree with me.

That's how debates work. ;)

9 January 2018
City
Norwich
Freedom of choice. Did you see the poor woman this week who said to her neighbour “are you going to build a snowman” he called her sexist and took it to social media where she got trashed for not using the term “snow person”

I file stories like that under the category 'Clickbait'
Along with

"Share this picture of a bacon sandwich because Facebook are banning it because it offends muslims"
"Tescos refused to serve a soldier in uniform"

And all the other faux outrage items designed to make you like a particular page so they can sell it to some spammer who will try and sell you a chocolate fireguard.

D

Deleted member 3657

First of all, the term SJW, used in this context, is utter nonsense. Social Justice Warrior? So, someone who believes in social justice and is prepared to fight for it? What a terrible person that must be! :rolleyes: It's just lazy shorthand for 'people I disagree with'
I only pointed out what I was looking at, not arguing what it is.

D

Deleted member 3411

I think most have said it already. As said.... if those here under 30 don't have sex with Linda and I are they ageist? The Black couples racist? Gay couples homophobic? Well nope, they are exercising their right of choice.

Reactions: Pearls