Guns & Laws In America

• Please check your spam/junk folder after registration, for your email. Thank you
Welcome to our Swinging Community
Join now to meet other like-minded swingers.
4 July 2017
City
Glastonbury
Just to amend the above stats, according to the ITV news I've just watched:-

USA gun deaths 2.8 per 100,000 population capita.
Uk gun deaths 0.01 per 100,000 population capita.

and apparently in the USA this year so far there has been a school shooting for every week that has passed :(.

B x
Yeah, it's difficult to know where to get the stats but no two sites are measuring quite the same things and I'm frankly too stoned to do the maths right now. But you seem rigourous and fact-driven, and I appreciate that

4 July 2017
City
Glastonbury
Who would've thought huh?

B x
As I keep saying, it's a deep-seated cultural belief, pleasure, expression of patriotism in certain quarters and it won't matter how many young men (usually the white ones are the loan shooters and usually the black ones involved in gang violence, mostly) die from the availability of handguns in particular. Yet America seems to somehow continue to tolerate the deaths of children in its belief in the Second Amendment.

I don't know how to square this circle. It's like Brexit. But with guns.

D

Deleted member 9631

After the mass shooting in Australia port Arthur 1996 they banned guns. No more mass shooting. Surely a lesson to be learned there?
People say there are to may guns in the U.S to take control. At least try before saying no we can't do it.

Reactions: Deleted member 6485
19 March 2015
After the mass shooting in Australia port Arthur 1996 they banned guns. No more mass shooting. Surely a lesson to be learned there?
People say there are to may guns in the U.S to take control. At least try before saying no we can't do it.
The biggest issue though is sheer scale of numbers.
They have an estimated - 300, million guns.
Let's just take a moment to actually absorb that.

Estimated - 300, million guns.

Reactions: Therapon
D

Deleted member 9631

In Switzerland everyone is allowed to keep there gun after national subscription but only one round off ammo. National defence thing I would image.
Suggestion.
Let the U.S citizen's keep there gun but make the ammo that expensive that nobody can afford more than a couple of mags. Sure this would cut down the shooting. If you want ammo for hunting again make you must have a expensive licence to purchase the ammo.
Another suggestions would be just stop fucking shooting each other ya numpty's.

19 March 2015
Is this just the USA?

B x
Bear in mind that at least 20% of that 350 million population are probably children, then statistically on average every American adult owns at least one firearm :eek:

B x
It is. Population is about 350 million and 300 million guns. It's just fucking unreal. Really makes me think twice about visiting the U.S again.

Yes and those are the stats sadly; minimum of one gun per American citizen.... It's worrying alright and needs addressing, hence the outcry from all sides over there, when atrocities like this happen x

Reactions: Deleted member 6485
S

Sammy

Scrolling through social media this pops up just now

This was shared in 2016
Sx

Attachments

• IMG_7460.JPG
    IMG_7460.JPG
    91.4 KB · Views: 126
4 July 2017
City
Glastonbury
The biggest issue though is sheer scale of numbers.
They have an estimated - 300, million guns.
Let's just take a moment to actually absorb that.

Estimated - 300, million guns.
Yes - roughly the same number of guns as there are people, although fewer than 1 in 3 people in the US actually owns a gun. But still, it's a lot of guns and relatively easy availability.

Reactions: Pearls
4 July 2017
City
Glastonbury
In Switzerland everyone is allowed to keep there gun after national subscription but only one round off ammo. National defence thing I would image.
Suggestion.
Let the U.S citizen's keep there gun but make the ammo that expensive that nobody can afford more than a couple of mags. Sure this would cut down the shooting. If you want ammo for hunting again make you must have a expensive licence to purchase the ammo.
Another suggestions would be just stop fucking shooting each other ya numpty's.
This is an important point - other countries with high per capita gun ownership (Canada & Switzerland are commonly cited but Iraq and Serbia are also high up on the list) don't have the same mortality rates. It's worth just pointing out that someone in the US is 4 times more likely to own a gun than a Swiss person, there's that many guns in America.

But overriding this is, and I keep saying it, a culture of proud gun ownership in the US. It's a country with a gun culture, not simply a country with high gun ownership.

It'll keep happening until Americans stop loving their guns.

Reactions: Pearls