Here's One For You..

• Please check your spam/junk folder after registration, for your email. Thank you
Welcome to our Swinging Community
Join now to meet other like-minded swingers.
M

Max-the-3rd

I like the word panties and use it. Not sure if I would say its a American word?
As for the use of Z, hate it. text speak as well but feel myself being dragged into using lol as it is used so often so people know you are being humorous.
Note to self, must start using haha!.x

T

Tigress

It's the date thing that really gets me worked up. September 3rd instead of 3rd of September. It's so ubiquitous now. Drives me crazy!

Pearls

MOTM

18 July 2015
After a post, one thing I personally don't like is the Americanisation (or as they would write; Americanization) of the English language.

I detest the word 'panties' - no no no, it's knickers....
Color, desensitise(ize) humor (humour) and so on.

One thing that I see more and more of on here and Twitter, is Panties.. Drop your panties, sell your panties.. hell even sell soiled panties, used panties.. you get the gist.
I could go on, believe me.

So is this a discussion on Americanisation of the English language, or the term panties?
I've included both.. so feel free. :whistle:
Ommmm :eek:

Reactions: Therapon
19 March 2015
It's the date thing that really gets me worked up. September 3rd instead of 3rd of September. It's so ubiquitous now. Drives me crazy!
I teach our children the 'correct' English and dates etc. As I work in I.T (as you know) one thing that irks me is software and I.T companies that have drop down flags for language and it's U.S English... when in fact there is no actual thing.

But yes I cannot abide the date situation. Our little one who is a very intelligent little chap, has started picking up on saying September 3rd instead of the 3rd of September. Purely because of online, so I have been regularly correcting him. He picked up this habit and seems to have dropped it just as quickly thankfully.

I recently posted a comment on a very sexy picture and used the word knickers.

Thank god I did or I would have @Lips_Pearls chasing me :lashes:
hehe perhaps :D :whistle:

Another thing that I regularly get flummoxed with is terms/words such as orange, literally, aluminium..
I once saw a rant on Twitter with Donald Trump opposition, badgering a few of his supporters - telling them to speak correct English because they were using British English. 'Go figure' :D :rolleyes:

Reactions: Pearls and Therapon
P

peakcouple

Knickers in the USA can mean knee-breeches, trousers that end at the knee such as worn by walkers and shooters in years gone by. One American exchange officer at an RAF base I (G) was on year ago said "the CO here is really traditional, I saw him digging his garden in his knickers" and everyone burst into laughter. He was amused when we told him what that meant in English! We don't use the word 'panties,' are not really fans of Americanisms, particularly sexual ones like 'dick' or 'pussy'.

Reactions: Therapon and Pearls