How Did You Settle Your Nerves?

• Please check your spam/junk folder after registration, for your email. Thank you
Welcome to our Swinging Community
Join now to meet other like-minded swingers.
12 August 2015
City
Liverpool
Evening folks.

So how do you show nerves? I'm naturally shy, and I find it really difficult to ask someone to join me for a play session, to the point I will go without.

I also get so wound up I end up cancelling any meets I've agreed to.

So my question is; what do you do to get around the jitters? I find it easier if my partner/s and I have agreed to a level of D/s play. It helps ground me a lot. I'm not sure if that's something that's easy to add in a swinging environment. My s-side is rather on the submissive scale, so I'm always worried about agreeing to that with casual play partner/s

24 November 2015
I don't think any of us really settle our nerves until ,we ,you ,I have chatted in person and broken the ice so to speak , then its a case of deep breaths and try not to over think the ifs could ofs and maybes

Reactions: Therapon
4 July 2017
City
Glastonbury
Years of practice?

I was a very shy and introverted child but I did a number of things as a teenagers/young adult that, when looked back on, I thought, Well if I could do that last time, then this situation now is perfectly doable...

Therapon

Admin
11 August 2015
Like most of us probably do, you think it through, you plan this, you'll say that but things don't normally follow the plan so ...... Take a deep breath and go for it.

Reactions: Wkd n whisky
4 July 2017
City
Glastonbury
I think the best way is to dive straight in cause when you start thinking the nerves kick in. :hmm:
Yes, this.

As I think I've said before, I was about 25 when something clicked - I realised that chances are the other person is just as concerned for their performance, looks, &c so if you try to forget about yourself and instead concentrate on making the other person relaxed, everything flows much better.

D

Deleted member 3657

For myself I don't get nervous as such, more of just an excitement. I wouldn't say I've always been like that but just what I've had to go through in my life has helped me to deal with any nerves. I've got to a place where nerves don't come in to it, I just think 'oh well, here goes another experience'
However, we are all different and deal with things totally differently. I had a meet once where she was physically shaking before going in to the club. Bit of an indication in hindsight but she only calmed down after leaving.
There's different ways of dealing with nerves that will work for some but not others. Only you can work out what works for you and maybe reading some the posts may help.

4 July 2017
City
Glastonbury
Evening folks.

So how do you show nerves? I'm naturally shy, and I find it really difficult to ask someone to join me for a play session, to the point I will go without.

I also get so wound up I end up cancelling any meets I've agreed to.

So my question is; what do you do to get around the jitters? I find it easier if my partner/s and I have agreed to a level of D/s play. It helps ground me a lot. I'm not sure if that's something that's easy to add in a swinging environment. My s-side is rather on the submissive scale, so I'm always worried about agreeing to that with casual play partner/s
I keep seeing this and want to simply post:

Diazepam

But that would just be childish :)

Admin

Admin
15 September 2014
Some great posts here :) I also get a bit nervous, mainly going to a venue / event or meeting people for the first time. I guess diving straight in is the way I get over it. Meeting some friendly people definitely helps. It's the ice-breaking that I find most difficult.
Well, we have a big event next weekend at the VA (Vanilla Alternative) where you can have a test of the waters and see if it's for you or not. We have one spot for a single gent left on the Friday and you'd be most welcome to attend. (y)

Reactions: Deleted member 6485