Insecurities

• Please check your spam/junk folder after registration, for your email. Thank you
Welcome to our Swinging Community
Join now to meet other like-minded swingers.
10 July 2018
Yes can understand that I suppose. But! Here you are... :)
Indeed…

I think it’s fair to distinguish irrational insecurities from rational ones; wholly and entirely unrelated to someone’s over-reaction to them. If someone has a face full of acne scars, say, then feeling insecure about their looks is entirely rational, even though they might ‘overreact’. It’d be irrational though if someone had a single temporary spot... and thought their face looked like pizza because of it...

Or, in this scene, I’ve seen single fellas repeatedly, very pointedly, and very obviously excluded without warning from group play at a club. He’s in a tub, say; gets up for a smoke, or to go for a slash; returns and everyone in the hot tub is playing… if it happens several times, not unreasonable to get insecure about his presence there.

10 July 2018
Oh I have one. I sometimes feel that I am not as funny as some of the members here..and that it will be held against me.

Thats silly we are all different ,im not confident at all so compensate with humour

Actually, seriously, this is an insecurity for me: I’m terrible - genuinely bad - at accepting compliments are made in good faith about me (who I am, what I look like, how I behave, someone saying ‘he’s nice’, etc).

Much better, much easier for me, at accepting compliments about what I’ve done (my work as an accountant/FD back in the day, what I was like as a boss; these days, my writing, gags I’ve written for radio/tv/live performance).

Probably because the former isn’t something I think I deserve; luck of the draw and all that. Whereas the latter is down to me; they’re my efforts.

If that makes sense.

1 September 2018
City
Cardiff
Oh I have one. I sometimes feel that I am not as funny as some of the members here..and that it will be held against me. :D:mad::mad::mad::mad::(:(

Thats silly we are all different ,im not confident at all so compensate with humour

I think that everyone has things about their body/personality that they wish were better. Those that dont feel any insecurities about any part of themselves are vain stuck up ego maniacs that cant interact with others.
The trick is to accept your own shortcomings and accept everyone else's, then we all get along and make ourselves feel better by making others feel better about themselves.

Having said all that I of course am PERFECT. (hides his own insecurities with humorous egotistical boasting) X G

Reactions: Mia93 and Pearls

Vanezza

Stud Muffin
11 May 2017
We are who we are. Some days we all look in the mirror and go wtf is this or look how big my legs are etc etc.... I have spent too many years being insecure about my body and being told by a man (my ex) that my body shape just isn't right. If someone doesn't find it acceptable for me to be happy in the skin I'm in maybe it's their insecurity in themself because they are guilty about liking what they see. I have spent too many years trying to change me and now I don't need too because I know the ones that love me for who I am. Do I have any insecurities? Only once in a while until I kick myself in the bum and tell myself to pack it in.

Vxxx

Reactions: Pearls
Pearls

MOTM

18 July 2015
We are who we are. Some days we all look in the mirror and go wtf is this or look how big my legs are etc etc.... I have spent too many years being insecure about my body and being told by a man (my ex) that my body shape just isn't right. If someone doesn't find it acceptable for me to be happy in the skin I'm in maybe it's their insecurity in themself because they are guilty about liking what they see. I have spent too many years trying to change me and now I don't need too because I know the ones that love me for who I am. Do I have any insecurities? Only once in a while until I kick myself in the bum and tell myself to pack it in.

Vxxx
Exactly. Pack it in ;)xxx

Reactions: GeoffRy