Is it wrong to want boundaries?

• Please check your spam/junk folder after registration, for your email. Thank you
Welcome to our Swinging Community
Join now to meet other like-minded swingers.
L

lisa&paul

Just wondering is it normal to want boundaries when starting out? I.e No kissing or going off to another room if in a club. Just curious to people's thoughts. Thank you xx

K

kopinov

I'd say it's perfectly acceptable to abide by the boundaries you agree upon, and I'd guess their nature would depend upon your relationship and level of comfort... I think it's much less acceptable for another to expect you to act outside your agreed boundaries.

Reactions: Admin
L

lisa&paul

I'd say it's perfectly acceptable to abide by the boundaries you agree upon, and I'd guess their nature would depend upon your relationship and level of comfort... I think it's much less acceptable for another to expect you to act outside your agreed boundaries.

Thank you for your thoughts Kop x

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: kopinov and Admin
S

Scott

Boundaries are always best, last thing you want is your other half.doing something you don't like, but on the other hand you may not know you don't like it till it happens. Some good base ground rules are good to start with .

22 August 2015
City
Haxey
Agree in advance and stick to it. You can always reset the boundaries another day, as you get more familiar with it all. Communication is the key to making it work for you guys and make sure potential playmates know your boundaries too. Good luck and enjoy x

Very well said and the best advice you could get, make sure that all involved know what each others boundaries are, and agree never to change them on a whim. Spend as much time on any changes as you did coming up with them in the first place..

Admin

Admin
15 September 2014

Boundaries are of extreme importance in this lifestyle.. Kop nailed it with this.
If you don't discuss about and have boundaries - how will you ever know what your partner feels about a certain aspect of your chosen lifestyle?
And that could possibly then mean not only and end to swinging, but also possibly the end to your relationship/marriage.
You have to have set boundaries - in order to be fully open with each other. Some people don't of course, don't get me wrong here.. But they are so important to you.

What I will say though is that you may notice your boundaries changing as you explore things. That's normal and you should expect that too. :D

Agree with Mr @kopinov last sentence though;
it's much less acceptable for another to expect you to act outside your agreed boundaries.
(y) x

N

NigelandJulie

We have found that in the couple of years we have been into swinging that our boundaries have been widened as we get more experience and relaxed

M

meet_the_fockers

No bounderies? Kiss goodbye to your relationship.. ours have altered ... but are always discussed its paramount..
myself and mr F are very different.. im the can be sometimes wild exhibitionist.. hes the more private.. person so we discuss a lot.. i can be a little crazy and wanton he reigns me in.

22 August 2015
City
Haxey
No bounderies? Kiss goodbye to your relationship.. ours have altered ... but are always discussed its paramount..
myself and mr F are very different.. im the can be sometimes wild exhibitionist.. hes the more private.. person so we discuss a lot.. i can be a little crazy and wanton he reigns me in.

You wild, no surely not xx:rolleyes::rolleyes:

27 April 2015
We took the lifestyle on as we both naively presumed it was, and as we had both been brought up to understand, which was "Wife swapping" and with the exception. of no mess or pain, went for things fully from day one, so the main boundaries of how far to go, etc were never an issue, we dealt with the emotions if any, as they occurred, now we of course realise there are so many levels and stages to swinging, but looking back, we wouldn't change a thing. Severe Pain and messy has remained, and we now are more selective in our partners, seeking experienced couples over newbies, so yes, as you develop and get more confident, your boundaries do change. Had we realised early on, you could have them, we may have done things differently xx