Life Out There?

• Please check your spam/junk folder after registration, for your email. Thank you
Welcome to our Swinging Community
Join now to meet other like-minded swingers.
7 January 2017
City
Birmingham
It's official, I'm coming out of the scientific closet wearing my lab coat, clutching my beakers and bunsen burner! I'm a massive science nerd, there I said it!

15750577469231116247.jpeg___1_500_1_500_cb94de6a_.png

(Picture is representative of myself, sans boobs :cool:)

So NASA have announced that they have discovered 7 exoplanets orbiting a star which may have the ability to support life (OMG! I know, right?!)

NASA Telescope Reveals Record-Breaking Exoplanet Discovery
So a few questions:
a) What does this mean for us?
b) Could there be life out there?
c) What about interstellar travel?
d) What about an interstellar exodus?
e) What could be found on those planets?

Personally, I don't think we're alone. The universe is a big place, with lots of galaxies and life couldn't have just evolved on one little blue planet in a spiral galaxy (see, nerd! I told you!). I think that this is another fantastic opportunity for discovery and exploration. Would there be an exodus from our home planet? Possibly, if those planets could support life. But not for a very long time.

Look I'll say right now, this is not a theological discussion. We can save that for another thread, this is purely science-based. So please, none of the "you're going to Hell" or "everyone knows life occured in 7 days" point of view.

So, over to you guys.
Much love, H.

Last edited:

Admin

Admin
15 September 2014
Funnily enough I brought this up in the quiz this evening. :) :D
No, we're not alone. Of all the billions of galaxies/stars etc, it's naive of us to think otherwise. :)
Not that I usually engage in debates, but did so because of the quiz. :whistle:

15 February 2017
City
Andover
I know we are not alone in this wide wonderful universe. If only I could remember what the green man said when I was being probed!!!

26 July 2016
City
Bolton
The thought of us not being alone is a scary but probably true. I just hope we are the ones that go visit them cos history proves that it never ends well for the folks getting visited from far off lands.