Welcome to...
Social Swinging

A genuine site, by genuine swingers FOR swingers!

Register Today

Maps or Satnav, whch get you lost quicker....

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Therapon, 22 October 2015.

1. Therapon

Therapon Admin Admin Sprtr

Had to empty the car out yesterday and amongst all the bits (literally) were my Satnav stuff and a UK map which got me thinking what other people do when travelling by car to somewhere new. I use my mobile and google maps for navigation most of the time but still use the map for those times the Satnav fails to work.
    We have all heard the stories of people getting stuck because their satnav provided a "shorter" route but has it ever happened to you? My experiences have been mostly ok, apart from a few glitches such as telling me to turn right at a no right turn junction, telling me I had arrived when it was obvious I hadn't reached my destination and the usual North Wales thing where there is no signal so the bloody thing is totally useless.
    So for those times I always left a real map in the car and I am normally fairly good at reading a map but will admit to the classic mistake of assuming I was looking North when in fact it was South and consequently having to ask a local where I was - which didn't help because the pronunciation of the name didn't match my interpretation of the actual spelling (I'm sure the Welsh do it on purpose :)).
    So has your Satnav ever sent down a farm track, round the block or totally in the wrong direction and do you ever use a map today?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Pearls

Pearls Site Owner Staff Admin

We have a satnav built into the car and I couldnt live with out it now, there was a funny time though when I was heading to Bridgend with a close friend and it took us around a roundabout 6 times :rofl: other than that its great, we also have a camera on the back for reversing but I still hit a lamp post, :rofl: xx

3. Admin

Admin Administrator Admin

I must say, I use Satnavs and like you, besides the odd glitch of 'turn here' - when there's no turning, I've had no issues really.
    Sometimes you can't beat a map although they're hard to find nowadays...
    The local garages used to be filled to the brim of them, for all cities etc, not so much these days now.

Only used Google maps once from my iPhone and I won't be doing it again in a hurry.
    Nifty yeah slow as hell though!

4. Therapon

You were lucky, mine told me I had arrived just as I got to a roundabout with about 6 roads of it, needless to say my best guess was totally wrong.

I won't even ask about that :rofl::rofl:

• Like Like x 2
  5. Pearls

Pearls Site Owner Staff Admin

I best not say how many times as Mr A will see but I have trashed his lovely car :rolleyes::notworthy::oops:

• Like Like x 1
  6. Therapon

My car didn't have built in satnav but I couldn't really justify buying a dedicated satnav so make do with google - it works, kind of, when it wants to. o_O

• Like Like x 2
  7. Being a trucker for the last 20 years only ever used maps , plus having been in the forces your tought to read a map proply. Plus used to have a woman telling what to do at home don't need it in my truck to :lol::lol:. No affence to the lovely females on here

• Like Like x 2
  8. Therapon

Thats admitting your wrong, just take the next the three lefts and then a right :rofl:

9. The-A-Team

The-A-Team PV Sprtr

We have to say, we've used a SatNav all over Europe, and from UK to Spain without a single glitch, We do print out a route off Google just in case though xx

10. Looby&Lew

Looby&Lew PV Sprtr

You cannot argue with a sat nav where as looby with the map upside down ? Come to think of it no point in arguing with either one there both right

• Like Like x 2
  11. I get lost with either :)

• Like Like x 1
  12. EvilS

EvilS PV

I prefer asking the village idiot you always seem to get when you stop to ask for directions.

• Like Like x 2
  13. @EvilS or the little old lady with the shopping trolley that keeps you talking for 10 minutes and you are still none the wiser afterwards

• Like Like x 1
  14. Looby&Lew

Looby&Lew PV Sprtr

That sounds like my cue for attracting more weirdos. That's why I won't ask for directions when I'm lost. Looby x:whistle:

• Like Like x 2
  15. Admin

Lost Looby... ;) ;) << from now on.

Instead of Weirdo attracting, bust stop shelter lingering Looby - I mean of course. :D x

• Like Like x 2
  16. Looby&Lew

Looby&Lew PV Sprtr

It's not exclusively bus stops...anything goes.x:rofl: supermarkets, doctors surgeries,car parks, shopping centre.....the possibilities are endless. X:D

• Like Like x 2
  17. Admin

God you must be amazing fun on a night out! :p x

• Like Like x 1
  18. Looby&Lew

Looby&Lew PV Sprtr

It's not exclusively bus stops...anything goes.x
    Put alcohol in the mix and stand well back. Needless to say I drink much. I have to do this whole texting thing with Lew to check I didn't show him up too much. X

19. Therapon

Sheesh, you are as bad as one another :rofl:

• Like Like x 2
  20. Looby&Lew

Looby&Lew PV Sprtr

Bloody typical shes on her sick bed but she's got out to talk to admiin and hyjack my fun

• Like Like x 1
  21. Therapon

Probably checking you haven't caused a riot. :rolleyes:

22. Looby&Lew

Looby&Lew PV Sprtr

I'm poorly bad and he's picking on me. :sick: Passing his bugs my way.:mad:

• Like Like x 1
  23. Therapon

Ah, isn't that cute, he is prepared to share his bugs with you :rofl:

24. Looby&Lew

Looby&Lew PV Sprtr

:lol:
    There is such a thing as too much sharing. :(

• Like Like x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice