Mental health and swinging

• Please check your spam/junk folder after registration, for your email. Thank you
Welcome to our Swinging Community
Join now to meet other like-minded swingers.
6 August 2016
City
Exeter
Having lived with my ex for meny years who developed a mental health problems due to life experiences and other health complications I understand how serious and hard it can be not only for the individual but the partner also.
I'm a distinct believer that the stigma from the average population is very damaging and people should also be aware that most people have long times of stability and your probably not even aware that some of the people who you see regularly are managing a mental health problem.
1 in 4 people have some kind of mental health issues

I see no correlation between mental health and swinging, though I know meny friends that have been given life experiences that questionabley could make them drawn towards it but they don't have mental health issues.

As long as a person with mental health problems is stable I see no problem with them swinging. Unfortunately there are plenty of people who just don't know how to behave themselves and are rude, nasty and bully within the swinging community and thay aren't beneficial to anyone mental health problems or not!

Reactions: Pearls

Therapon

Admin
11 August 2015
I don't believe that any correlation between swinging and mental health is any better or worse than belonging to any other social group.
All groups have a dynamic and have a mix of individuals, some leaders, some followers, idiots, nice, nasty, helpful etc.
So what I'm trying to say is that swinging is no different to these other communities and as such shouldn't be seen as any different in respect of any affect on mental health. Hope that makes sense.

M

meet_the_fockers

Re mental health and swinging.
Depends on the degree..
I wouldnt class stress being in the same category as say.. phychotic.. suicidal schizophrenic.. narcistic .. the list is endless.

Yes these poor people.. with debilitating illnesses.. can live a relatively normal life.. just brilliant to see this happen.. and and i mean that so sincerely.. xxx
..they descend on society.. 'normal' happy people.
The problem is they do very often slip off the waggon.. re medication.. time and time again..
Its when this happens should they ever get involved in the swinging scene that its a ticking time bomb.

Stressed depressed lonely tearful.. yes all good fun laughing and smiling.. light relief until an attachment is formed by someone with suicidal tendancies. Oh boy you try letting them down gently..

M

Max-the-3rd

thinking every mental health issue is different. as long as the person feels they are able to cope with lifestyle who are we to say no you cant?
I would think every individual person knows there limits and up to them.
I know i few people with mental health issues who are medicated and function perfectly well in day to day life and if they think they would find swinging a fulfilling experience, why not give it a go shot.xx

P

peakcouple

All we'd say is that swinging has helped both of us avoid the stress and tension that we both had when having affairs during our past marriages, which wasn't good for our physical health or our relationships. If you're completely open to your partner about your want (or need) for sexual variety and share your extramarital experiences together then you're going to be calmer, less tense, sleep better, etc.