Money

• Thread starter Max-the-3rd
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
  • Please check your spam/junk folder after registration, for your email. Thank you
Welcome to our Swinging Community
Join now to meet other like-minded swingers.
M

Max-the-3rd

One last point before bed, 30 tory MP's being investigated over the last election. Something to think about. Night all.x

24 November 2015
In the coming months more and more families will be below the poverty line as I read earlier that child tax credits will only now be paid to the first two children in any household leaving most families struggling to make ends meet .
We have a foodbank of which I donate to each month and the increase in families applying is rising each month

M

MickeyBlueBalls

We all have opinions hunni I for one no longer vote as it seems a futile act
It's a mess out there. I agree that it seems futile but the only real way to keep the idiots from power is to vote the lesser idiots in. Necessary evil I suppose. :)

S

Sammy

Whoever gets in next time it's a poisoned chalice and no mistake !

And anyone who believes the government run the country is kidding themselves , it's the faceless civil servants that are the power behind the throne, implementing policies and deciding priorities !

lol I could have written that
I sat with a Scottish minister few months ago ,

I had been asked to prepare a paper of real life case studies

When you are asked what's this or what's that's or how does that work !!!!

Doesn't matter who gets in they are guided foolishly by people who are in job years who have lost any kind of connection worth howpokicy changes affects country and real people

When the attitude is Dont tell until your asked

Ohhh my dull rant in starting time to stop again

M

Max-the-3rd

Conservative Party fined £70,000 after investigation finds 'significant failures' in reporting campaign spending

Watchdog refers one matter to Metropolitan Police

blank.gif

Click to follow
conservative-hq.jpg

Conservative headquarters in London: the party has accepted that a small proportion of its national spending in the 2015 general election was not declared Getty
The Electoral Commission has fined the Conservative Party £70,000 over campaign spending.

The independent watchdog said the party had made “numerous failures” in reporting its expenses for the 2015 general election and three by-elections in 2014.

It has also referred one matter, relating to the party’s treasurer declaring he had examined a return and believed it to be complete and correct, to the Metropolitan Police.

tit for tat I know.x

D

Deleted member 1030

:noidy:TBH they are all shite but if you are going to post in open forum at least be equally scathing! :noidy:
Well, no... it doesn't quite follow because the Tories are running the country, no other parties are. Also the electoral fraud of which up to 20 Tory MPs are accused is a police investigation, not the simply Electoral Commission, like the MPs in the stories above. They are being accused of committing a crime, not simply breaking the rules. There is a very real possibility that the government of this country have gained power by illegal means.

T

Terryg

Well, no... it doesn't quite follow because the Tories are running the country, no other parties are. Also the electoral fraud of which up to 20 Tory MPs are accused is a police investigation, not the simply Electoral Commission, like the MPs in the stories above. They are being accused of committing a crime, not simply breaking the rules. There is a very real possibility that the government of this country have gained power by illegal means.
It's rumoured that the fraud allegation, mentioned above, plus Expenses Fraud is the real reasons why the Torres have called the election.

4 July 2017
City
Glastonbury
Interesting debate.

Yes, Gates & Buffet especially do excellent work in the developing world (countering, for instance, the Trump White House's dropping of contraceptive projects, work on malaria HIV/AIDS and so on). Which is most welcome.

BUT

The basic disparity between rich and poor is staggering. As the OP said, the 10 billionaires are worth as much as the bottom 50% of the planet - that's 3.5 billion people worth as much as 10. Think about that.

And if we drill down further, of that bottom 3.5bn almost 80% live on less than $2 a day. That seems a it rich, somehow?

We are not 'all in this together'

It's not that I have a problem with rich people per se (in fact some of my best friends are rich :rofl:) but in a world where there is (currently) enough food, water, shelter available for all you have to look at the disparities and ask questions about why?

4 July 2017
City
Glastonbury
Interesting debate.

Yes, Gates & Buffet especially do excellent work in the developing world (countering, for instance, the Trump White House's dropping of contraceptive projects, work on malaria HIV/AIDS and so on). Which is most welcome.

BUT

The basic disparity between rich and poor is staggering. As the OP said, the 10 billionaires are worth as much as the bottom 50% of the planet - that's 3.5 billion people worth as much as 10. Think about that.

And if we drill down further, of that bottom 3.5bn almost 80% live on less than $2 a day. That seems a it rich, somehow?

We are not 'all in this together'

It's not that I have a problem with rich people per se (in fact some of my best friends are rich :rofl:) but in a world where there is (currently) enough food, water, shelter available for all you have to look at the disparities and ask questions about why?
In fact:

“The human race is the most stupid and unfair kind of race. A lot of the runners don't even get decent sneakers or clean drinking water.

Some runners are born with a massive head start, every possible help along the way and still the referees seem to be on their side.

It's not surprising a lot of people have given up compeating altogether and gone to sit in the grandstand, eat junk and shout abuse.

What the human race needs is a lot more streakers.”

T

The_Bibas

People as a rule are weak minded.
They need beliefs, religion etc.
The wealthy ones have always recognised this and use it to their advantage..
Consumerism is the biggest religion of all.. Unfortunately people don't understand and keep buying the crap the rich churn out..
I wish people had more sense..

Anyway sales are on so gotta rush

XxxBibaxxX

B

Bobbie

How must it be to live a life estranged by your wealth, however a 64ft sail boat in the Caribbean would be nice.

4 July 2017
City
Glastonbury
How must it be to live a life estranged by your wealth, however a 64ft sail boat in the Caribbean would be nice.
Nahh, too nigh maintenance for me.

As they say, money might not be able to buy you happiness but it sure can buy a diamond-studded wheelchair :)

4 July 2017
City
Glastonbury
I once stayed with a billionaire in New York. I've been around the world and seen some interesting stuff but never anything like this. Even the walk-in wardrobes had their own toilets with TVs in. Gobsmacked.

5 July 2016
City
Ossett
My cousin was an MSP for a while. He phoned me at work one day and asked me "what does inelasticity of price mean?" as he was going to an event about scottish tourism, and that was one of the points. (my first degree is in economics). I asked him if he had Civil Servants that he could ask. His response was "yes, but I dont want them to think I'm stupid"

Right

I agree with whoever said that the power does not lie with Govt.

BTW, I am a faceless Civil Servant. It has always been where the power lies. I have worked for several Ministers, and different Govts. We tell THEM what to do, what policy should be, and how to implement it.

Can you ask them for an extra wheelie bin please for us with larger families (y)

Bnk
X