Poly relationship

• Please check your spam/junk folder after registration, for your email. Thank you
Welcome to our Swinging Community
Join now to meet other like-minded swingers.
A

AlphaOmega

It has surprised me since developing a poly relationship just how many people in the swinging lifestyle find it difficult to get their heads round.
The bdsm lifestyle has been better able to grasp it and we just usually get a "that's great" comment, however the swingers usually end up asking a million and one questions.
Now I'm not saying they are rude or disapproving, just confused by the idea of the three of us living together as one unit.
The fact that we are a triad and I introduce Alpha as my husband and @Charlia as my girlfriend always gets a raised eyebrow. When she then says she's also Alpha's girlfriend that's when questions start lol.
Now while I don't mind answering questions it has surprised me in this lifestyle how confused people get.
Are there any more here in a poly relationship and what has your experience been?

Admin

Admin
15 September 2014
It has surprised me since developing a poly relationship just how many people in the swinging lifestyle find it difficult to get their heads round.

Really? That surprises me actually.. I know a few people in a poly relationship and while people are usually a bit dumbstruck initially, they don't ask question upon question.. That I know of anyway.. x

Reactions: Pearls
Pearls

MOTM

18 July 2015
I have never come across anyone who has been confused in the swinging community, its a hugely popular scenario in the scene and becoming more popular. We as a couple have been involved in the scene for many years and have always seen this situation. Have fun and enjoy xx

Reactions: Therapon and Admin
M

meet_the_fockers

The bdsm lifestyle has been better able to grasp it and we just usually get a "that's great" comment, however the swingers usually end up asking a million and one questions.
Now I'm not saying they are rude or disapproving, just confused by the idea of the three of us living together as one unit.
The fact that we are a triad and I introduce Alpha as my husband and @Charlia as my girlfriend always gets a raised eyebrow. When she then says she's also Alpha's girlfriend that's when questions start lol.
Now while I don't mind answering questions it has surprised me in this lifestyle how confused people get.
Are there any more here in a poly relationship and what has your experience been?
I've seen few struggle to get their heads around it! I think it's a brilliant senario, lucky you!! If only...

Admin

Admin
15 September 2014
Yes it's definitely a lucky thing to have! We've discussed it and we could explore it definitely... :D
I can see people would be a bit dumbstruck initially, but it's bound to be uncomfortable for you if people ask question upon question?
(n):unsure: x

K

kopinov

Seems perfectly reasonable to me, and I'd be more than happy to be in such a relationship given the chance - but I often get the impression my take on the world isn't particularly conventional.

Reactions: Therapon and Admin

Admin

Admin
15 September 2014
Seems perfectly reasonable to me, and I'd be more than happy to be in such a relationship given the chance - but I often get the impression my take on the world isn't particularly conventional.
Really?.... Would never have thought that Mr K :D ;)
Reasonable here too... (y)

Reactions: kopinov
A

AlphaOmega

Yes it's definitely a lucky thing to have! We've discussed it and we could explore it definitely... :D
I can see people would be a bit dumbstruck initially, but it's bound to be uncomfortable for you if people ask question upon question?
(n):unsure: x

It's not so much that I mind the questions as such and as I say people aren't nasty about it, it's just how noticeable the difference between the two scenes are in how they perceive the relationship.
However overall I'd rather people ask questions and try to understand than just assume our lives are sex parties 24/7 lol.

Reactions: Charlia
Pearls

MOTM

18 July 2015
This is new for me to here as we have been in both scenes for many years and have never noticed a difference in the both tbh, It is a very popular in the swinging scene and has been for a long time, perhaps some are just to shy to admit or just trying to get a lot of details out of you..You know what some are like haha :D:Dxx

A

AlphaOmega

It's surprising in every day life what you run up against too, we've been trying to find a new place to rent as our landlord is selling the property we live in, and a few places wouldn't look at us as we weren't related and they won't deal with house shares.

Reactions: Pearls
Pearls

MOTM

18 July 2015
It's surprising in every day life what you run up against too, we've been trying to find a new place to rent as our landlord is selling the property we live in, and a few places wouldn't look at us as we weren't related and they won't deal with house shares.
Some people are just mindless tbh and we face these attitudes of people xx

Admin

Admin
15 September 2014
I'm so glad you made sense of what my lovely wife wrote @AlphaOmega :D
I couldn't make head nor tails from all of what she wrote bless.. x
And are you serious!?
That's discriminatory!! :mad:

A

AlphaOmega

I'm so glad you made sense of what my lovely wife wrote @AlphaOmega :D
I couldn't make head nor tails from all of what she wrote bless.. x
And are you serious!?
That's discriminatory!! :mad:

As it is bizarrely the place we've finally found has put on our forms that I am responsible for half the rent, my husband for the second half and her share as zero lol.
By this point we're so glad to have found somewhere I don't care anymore lol.

Reactions: Pearls and Admin

Admin

Admin
15 September 2014
As it is bizarrely the place we've finally found has put on our forms that I am responsible for half the rent, my husband for the second half and her share as zero lol.
By this point we're so glad to have found somewhere I don't care anymore lol.
That's crazy and yes I can understand you'd be! I would be too.. People are just so damned quick to judge and peer down at people from ivory towers.

12 August 2015
City
Liverpool
I will say, once or twice, I've been cornered (normally by single guys, unfortunately) about being the girlfriend. Mostly about how I'm going to break @AlphaOmega up. My answer: Not a chance Buddy! As if I'd split them! ( I like that they automatically assume I'm breaking them up. :-/ )
I've noticed that being poly is fine, until you say we live together as a three. That I'm dating both, and I'm with them the majority of the time.

Admin

Admin
15 September 2014
I will say, once or twice, I've been cornered (normally by single guys, unfortunately) about being the girlfriend. Mostly about how I'm going to break @AlphaOmega up. My answer: Not a chance Buddy! As if I'd split them! ( I like that they automatically assume I'm breaking them up. :-/ )
I've noticed that being poly is fine, until you say we live together as a three. That I'm dating both, and I'm with them the majority of the time.

There's a saying Miss Charlia, Ignorance is bliss...
And it applies here sadly x

Reactions: Charlia and Pearls
22 July 2015
I think as long as everybody is happy with the relationships then it's not really for anybody to suggest otherwise. I've never met anybody myself in this situation but I think my reaction would be one of delight and a "good for you" and "why not?" - I don't see how it's anyone's business if you are happy and comfortable. So I'll say it now. "good for you" and "why the hell not?" :)

A

AlphaOmega

Oh you relationship wrecker you lol. I agree though the fact that we do everyday mundane stuff like, shopping, cleaning, even just curling up with a movie is what gets most raised eyebrows lol.
I'm too damn old to be having sex as much as people assume lol, I need my sleep lol!!! :p

Reactions: Charlia and Admin
12 August 2015
City
Liverpool
Oh you relationship wrecker you lol. I agree though the fact that we do everyday mundane stuff like, shopping, cleaning, even just curling up with a movie is what gets most raised eyebrows lol.
I'm too damn old to be having sex as much as people assume lol, I need my sleep lol!!! :p

*giggles* oh Darn, you caught me! Lmao. Nahhhh if you think that, I'll just have to pounce on you more!! :sneaky::boobies:

Reactions: AlphaOmega

Admin

Admin
15 September 2014
Indeed, people just can't grasp what they don't understand..
And tbh, you'll find that the ones who ask, sneer and so on - secretly are likely to be jealous and wanting what you have... But they can't as their OH's are too 'vanilla'.. :) x