Sex Addiction

• Please check your spam/junk folder after registration, for your email. Thank you
Welcome to our Swinging Community
Join now to meet other like-minded swingers.
Lovernotfighter

MOTM

3 February 2016
City
York
Of course if the is a real proper addiction then support should be offered to 'break' or manage it, like would be offered for other addictions. The problem I see though (not a problem really more a trueism) is that people use 'sex addiction' to hide they own shitty behaviour.

As a side note like I say on many things of the nature we as a country have the issue of generally not talking or connecting with sexual and sexuality issues, which in my little humble opinion puts excessive phycological stress on to people and relationships.

4 July 2017
City
Glastonbury
Of course if the is a real proper addiction then support should be offered to 'break' or manage it, like would be offered for other addictions. The problem I see though (not a problem really more a trueism) is that people use 'sex addiction' to hide they own shitty behaviour.

As a side note like I say on many things of the nature we as a country have the issue of generally not talking or connecting with sexual and sexuality issues, which in my little humble opinion puts excessive phycological stress on to people and relationships.
The basic test of addiction is (obvs) a compulsive behaviour (or set of) that negatively affect:

* work
* relationships
* health

If you tick yes to any of those with whatever behaviour you're thinking about, then you might want to (re)consider what you're doing and why you're doing it

Pearls

MOTM

18 July 2015
There was a woman in the paper today, 37yrs old and addicted to sex, it has destroyed her life including reltionships, is this a medical condition then?

4 July 2017
City
Glastonbury
There was a woman in the paper today, 37yrs old and addicted to sex, it has destroyed her life including reltionships, is this a medical condition then?
Any compulsive behaviour that checks the addiction behaviour list is a psychological problem.

Alcohol, drugs, sex to exercise and shopping... whatever. All variations of the same rough condition, obsessively hitting the dopamine-release circuit in the brain however you do it.

A medical problem, not a moral one, per se.

9 September 2017
mean you wouldn't keep friends for very long would you so you can probably add lonliness and hopelessness to the mix as well.In my opinon addiction is terribly misunderstood by the majority of people who have never suffered from such a thing and almost certainly won't as they simply don't have the mental makeup to suffer from such a terrible condition.

It's easy for all of us to snigger at the idea of someone claiming to be a sex addict.

But I imagine it can be as soul destroying and debilitating as any other addiction. I mean how many friends would you keep? So I should think you could add lonliness and hopelessness to the mix as well.

It's like being a drug addict in some ways I imagine.
In the main a drug addict no longer gets any pleasure or satisfaction from taking drugs he's simply trying to get him/herself on an even keel in an attempt to feel normal.

I feel so sorry for any addict, and those that deny that such addcitions truly exist (and I think we may be surpridsed at the number) always bring to mind my ex-wife who simply didn't believe that there was such a thing as depresssion. I hope we all know better than that.

Right, I'm off to look for a thread talking about tits, fannies, arses and shagging :p

Antogs xx

Reactions: Deleted member 6485