Sexual Health Screening

• Thread starter Deleted member 8095
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
  • Please check your spam/junk folder after registration, for your email. Thank you
Welcome to our Swinging Community
Join now to meet other like-minded swingers.
D

Deleted member 8095

Ok so as I'm sat here in the waiting room of the sexual health clinic for my regular check up here's my question,

How many of us actually getting checked regularly Vs those who just wrap up and hope and do you think we should share this info, say on our profile info page to show that we've been checked ??

Over to you guys and gals xxx (P)

14 February 2017
City
London
Every 3 months (no more than 4, depending when I get a morning off work). I personally thinks its probbaly even more important than just wrapping up (ie, if I had to choose one over the other with a gun to my head). Yes, using protection reduces risk, but that's all it does: "reduces". Getting checked, while not a preventative, at least gives a window to better risk management: "in the unlikely event, you could narrow down to day/date/meet X".

what i find a little concerning is when one lady said to me years ago "I'm married, my partners use protection, my husband assures me he's clean, so I don't need to get checked". I just thought "Err, yes you do".

D

Deleted member 6485

I had to attend a Sexual Health Clinic with a family member a few years ago. She was terrified about being there, so for 'moral support' and to assure her it was 'okay', i got checked out to. She had to continue with regular check ups, so i made a point of booking a double appointment. 3 years on...we still attend:).
do you think we should share this info, say on our profile info page to show that we've been checked ??
I wouldn't like to add this information into my profile, but if asked the question...i wouldn't have a problem answering x

D

Deleted member 8095

Its a fair point you both have, my original thought behind the question was, wouldn't it be easier to show that we're responsible in getting tested? Something like one line; "regularly tested at the clinic" perhaps ? Just to show we take that aspect of the life as seriously as the fun side, rather than it being assumed or becoming a question at all ??

L

Louise94

Something like one line; "regularly tested at the clinic" perhaps ? Just to show we take that aspect of the life as seriously as the fun side, rather than it being assumed or becoming a question at all ??

I actually really like this idea and think it’s a great, completely non confrontational way to get people thinking about their own sexual health. :)

I get tested as regularly as it seems necessary at my local GUM clinic. My sexual activities aren’t always regular so neither is my testing.

D

Deleted member 8095

I actually really like this idea and think it’s a great, completely non confrontational way to get people thinking about their own sexual health. :)

I get tested as regularly as it seems necessary at my local GUM clinic. My sexual activities aren’t always regular so neither is my testing.
Thank you x

26 October 2018
If the papers are to believed the “mature” generation are spreading sti’s like wildfire because of not being sensible, and being promiscuous !
Common sense appears to have taken second place to fuck it let’s do it !

Checks are imperative !!!

14 February 2017
City
London
I'm all for testing. I'm all for folk getting checked (and as regularly as possible).
I'm just not sure of what degree/percentage of people would buy into a "been tested clean on date X/Y/ZZ" badge on their profile.

Its not about having anything to hide, I just feel its one of those "something to hold back until necessary" bits of information.

Reactions: Deleted member 6485
26 October 2018
I'm all for testing. I'm all for folk getting checked (and as regularly as possible).
I'm just not sure of what degree/percentage of people would buy into a "been tested clean on date X/Y/ZZ" badge on their profile.

Its not about having anything to hide, I just feel its one of those "something to hold back until necessary" bits of information.

Maybe because it highlights the ones that don’t get checked ??

D

Deleted member 8095

Again a fair point, this post was about having that conversation and finding out people's opinions, I've seen on another site, where some profiles include this information whilst others post pictures of bare back ! So it got me thinking whilst I was waiting to be jabbed with the needle :rofl:

Reactions: Deleted member 6485
14 February 2017
City
London
Again a fair point, this post was about having that conversation and finding out people's opinions, I've seen on another site, where some profiles include this information whilst others post pictures of bare back ! So it got me thinking whilst I was waiting to be jabbed with the needle :rofl:

See here's what I'm thinking, and I'm trying to avoid sounding "holier than though" (Lord knows I'm no angel).

I recall some years on one website (you can pick a "safe sex" button as a preference/interest) this guy had that, and his profile info included the words "I only play safe and there is no negotiating this or changing my mind". Fair play to him I thought.
Then I saw a particular girl's profile, and she prided herself on only playing bareback (something about reacting to condoms).

Now in addition to the "safe sex" button, you could also show your verifications,... and yes, this guy was on there. So it got me wondering: did he get her to make an exception and stick to his "rule", or was he convinced otherwise in her favour?

Its an emotiv subject as has potential to lead to a lof of finger-pointing, "outing", and other less-than-positive human behaviour. So I'm still on the fence about a "recently tested" button badge as a feature. Won't know if I'll ever land on for or against.

D

Deleted member 8095

See here's what I'm thinking, and I'm trying to avoid sounding "holier than though" (Lord knows I'm no angel).

I recall some years on one website (you can pick a "safe sex" button as a preference/interest) this guy had that, and his profile info included the words "I only play safe and there is no negotiating this or changing my mind". Fair play to him I thought.
Then I saw a particular girl's profile, and she prided herself on only playing bareback (something about reacting to condoms).

Now in addition to the "safe sex" button, you could also show your verifications,... and yes, this guy was on there. So it got me wondering: did he get her to make an exception and stick to his "rule", or was he convinced otherwise in her favour?

Its an emotiv subject as has potential to lead to a lof of finger-pointing, "outing", and other less-than-positive human behaviour. So I'm still on the fence about a "recently tested" button badge as a feature. Won't know if I'll ever land on for or against.
Oh no I think you've misunderstood slightly, I'm not talking about a button or badge, merely just a nod to the fact in the profile info, that you've been seen lol

It's a very emotive subject and one that can divide people hence why I'm not on my soap box telling people that they should !! Rather just having a grown up discussion as to other people's opinions and view points and yours are very valid.

Reactions: Therapon
D

Deleted member 8095

We believe in belt and braces I guess; safe sex as well as regular checkups. Mine was last week, and I can still see the needle mark, ....are the bloody things getting bigger?
They used a nice small needle on me, smaller than they use when I donate blood anyway !!! She didn't say just a little prick though :rofl:

Reactions: Ahabs

Therapon

Admin
11 August 2015
Great thread, sexual health is important not just for yourself but also anyone you have sex with be that penatrive or oral.
I agree with @Ahabs though when said

'm just not sure of what degree/percentage of people would buy into a "been tested clean on date X/Y/ZZ" badge on their profile.

If you want this info on your profile then add it but I don't think making people add this would help. Anyone can say they were tested on a date but how do you know that is actually true?
Nor does would the fact they haven't added the info prove they haven't in fact been checked.
Similar to people saying they always cover up during sex, how do you know, you don't.
Also saying you have been tested doesn't mean you haven't picked something up after that check. The best you can do is practice safe sex and have regular checks.

14 February 2017
City
London
Oh no I think you've misunderstood slightly, I'm not talking about a button or badge, merely just a nod to the fact in the profile info, that you've been seen lol

It's a very emotive subject and one that can divide people hence why I'm not on my soap box telling people that they should !! Rather just having a grown up discussion as to other people's opinions and view points and yours are very valid.

Ah, thanks for clarifying that its not date-locked. However if this is simply a "checked" or "not checked" (if not displayed) assumption, how does that then work if "checked... but that was 4 years ago and not checked since" as a new question?

Reactions: Deleted member 8095
D

Deleted member 8095

Great thread, sexual health is important not just for yourself but also anyone you have sex with be that penatrive or oral.
I agree with @Ahabs though when said

If you want this info on your profile then add it but I don't think making people add this would help. Anyone can say they were tested on a date but how do you know that is actually true?
Nor does would the fact they haven't added the info prove they haven't in fact been checked.
Similar to people saying they always cover up during sex, how do you know, you don't.
Also saying you have been tested doesn't mean you haven't picked something up after that check. The best you can do is practice safe sex and have regular checks.
It's not about wanting it on my or anyone else's profile, it was something that popped into my head today as I sat there, thinking surely we must all get checked but how do we know without asking and then how do we know that it's the truth, so I opened the question to the community to find different points of view !! A healthy discussion is all I'm after not finger pointing or anything like that .

D

Deleted member 8095

Ah, thanks for clarifying that its not date-locked. However if this is simply a "checked" or "not checked" (if not displayed) assumption, how does that then work if "checked... but that was 4 years ago and not checked since" as a new question?
Well that's a whole other question based on people's perception of how recent is relevant, oh and honesty, honesty is paramount !!! But a good question none the less .

Reactions: Therapon and Ahabs
14 February 2017
City
London
Well that's a whole other question based on people's perception of how recent is relevant, oh and honesty, honesty is paramount !!! But a good question none the less .
Absolutely. As I get my results via text, I keep them all on my phone where I can get to them should the question ever get asked.

Reactions: Deleted member 8095
D

Deleted member 8095

Snap !! Once I've got that text I keep it till the next one arrives, that way there's no question of my being clean !

Therapon

Admin
11 August 2015
It's not about wanting it on my or anyone else's profile, it was something that popped into my head today as I sat there, thinking surely we must all get checked but how do we know without asking and then how do we know that it's the truth, so I opened the question to the community to find different points of view !! A healthy discussion is all I'm after not finger pointing or anything like that .

It's a discussion we need, sexual health is important and I know you're not pointing fingers at anyone. I was just trying to say that anyone can say they have been tested but the truth is you wouldn't know if it was true and why I said always play safe to reduce the chance of picking something up.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 8095

It's a discussion we need, sexual health is important and I know your not pointing fingers at anyone. I was just trying to say that anyone can say they have been tested but the truth is you wouldn't know if it was true and why I said always play safe to refuce the chance of picking something up.
Absolutely as the saying goes, don't be a fool, wrap your tool !! But it's always nice to hear different opinions on a subject, it helps imo to broaden not only my own but perhaps others ideas and who knows, maybe someone has read this thread and thought " I'll get myself along to the clinic"
That's the thing I love about this site, the ability to have a frank and open discussion about something like this, where people will engage and not shy away because it maybe a hard topic of conversation.