Site Mentor

• Please check your spam/junk folder after registration, for your email. Thank you
Welcome to our Swinging Community
Join now to meet other like-minded swingers.

Should we consider adding site mentors?

• Total voters
9 September 2017
Excellent idea which would only cement the site’s position as a friendly and welcoming place for all.
Personally I think it would be a good idea to have a number of mentors. This would take the pressure off having one mentor bearing all the strain and allow for a variety of personalities to welcome new members.
I will happily put myself forward for consideration

S

Sammy

Hell of a lot of views on this thread, it would be good to have some more feed back (y)

Anything in particular you'd like discussed or considered

What I will say two female members took me under their wing when I first joined and I will always be grateful for that especially in first week or so

Since then I have i female member who has always supported me and 1 male member I can go to ... recently developed a lovely friendship very recently and I feel I could ask or say anything to and can relate to similar

I think a mentor from community would be invaluable

I have to say many many of new single guys knock on my door and a lot of the time it's silly things we take for granted

Search members
Photo verified
Membership
Meets section
Messaging
Saying hello on forum

Sometimes names and language or general etiquette might arise

I try to point in right direction
Many take the tips and they are always grateful for help

Bit I'm sure many members do this as a matter of course

Sx

Reactions: Therapon
Pearls

MOTM

18 July 2015
Anything in particular you'd like discussed or considered

What I will say two female members took me under their wing when I first joined and I will always be grateful for that especially in first week or so

Since then I have i female member who has always supported me and 1 male member I can go to ... recently developed a lovely friendship very recently and I feel I could ask or say anything to and can relate to similar

I think a mentor from community would be invaluable

I have to say many many of new single guys knock on my door and a lot of the time it's silly things we take for granted

Search members
Photo verified
Membership
Meets section
Messaging
Saying hello on forum

I try to point in right direction
Many take the tips and they are always grateful for help

Bit I'm sure many members do this as a matter of course

Sx
I would simply like to know off others if this is a good idea, plenty of people can read threads and gain information from them but I do honestly believe some need one to one help, mostly with behaviour to be honest.
I have said many times that @Miss-Sexy-Legs and myself spend so much time educating, people to get it after a short chat, some don't and will never understand but a mentor that has some free time would certainly help us out. (y)

19 March 2015
I think some of the frustrating things from our point of view, are that all new members get a welcome PM containing all the links and on top of that, they get a link to a thread where there are notes that they can go back to.
Obviously a lot of people don’t read the PM, or rarely do.. the FAQ? Barely gets read even though it's extensive and simplified. (mostly).
Is it because people don’t have the time to or because they can’t be arsed to.
New To The Site?

So in essence, we feel that maybe a real person, walking someone through some things step by step may be beneficial. The most common things that are mentioned are indeed highlighted by @Sammy here;

Search members
Photo verified
Membership
Meets section
Messaging
Saying hello on forum

I would simply like to know off others if this is a good idea, plenty of people can read threads and gain information from them but I do honestly believe some need one to one help, mostly with behaviour to be honest.
I have said many times that @Miss-Sexy-Legs and myself spend so much time educating, people to get it after a short chat, some don't and will never understand but a mentor that has some free time would certainly help us out. (y)
Completely agreed. It's great though having that personal touch but does it utilise more time that what it should?
What we also don't want is anyone to feel obligated too.

D

Deleted member 3657

I think some of the frustrating things from our point of view, are that all new members get a welcome PM containing all the links and on top of that, they get a link to a thread where there are notes that they can go back to.
Obviously a lot of people don’t read the PM, or rarely do.. the FAQ? Barely gets read even though it's extensive and simplified. (mostly).
Is it because people don’t have the time to or because they can’t be arsed to.
I honestly believe it's laziness. We're in an age where everything is on a plate for us. People seem to have lost the ability to find things out for themselves. It's the same on Facebook, or as I call it now, Fucktardbook. You get the question "what time does the 24 hour Tesco open?" type retarded question. They have the technology at their fingertips to find out in seconds.
Not much different to some who join and want to be shown rather than take 2 minutes to read it for themselves.

Oh sorry, the rant thread is where???????

Pearls

MOTM

18 July 2015
I honestly believe it's laziness. We're in an age where everything is on a plate for us. People seem to have lost the ability to find things out for themselves. It's the same on Facebook, or as I call it now, Fucktardbook. You get the question "what time does the 24 hour Tesco open?" type retarded question. They have the technology at their fingertips to find out in seconds.
Not much different to some who join and want to be shown rather than take 2 minutes to read it for themselves.

Oh sorry, the rant thread is where???????
It is but there are new members that join here who have no idea what swinging is, all the help is here but sometimes one to one is needed. Confidence mainly (y)

S

Sammy

It is but there are new members that join here who have no idea what swinging is, all the help is here but sometimes one to one is needed. Confidence mainly (y)

Some folk are genuinely technophobes and let's be honest there some very big characters on site that can be intimidating without even realising they are

It's about a friendly face , signposting and encouraging to join in on forum
Sx

T

The_Bibas

People don't read anymore... You need to say it with pictures these days .
Sad but true .
Or Is that just my twitter page..
Xxxbibaxxx

Reactions: Pearls
T

The_Bibas

Some folk are genuinely technophobes and let's be honest there some very big characters on site that can be intimidating without even realising they are

It's about a friendly face , signposting and encouraging to join in on forum
Sx
There goes my application up in smoke
Xxxbibaxxx

26 February 2018
City
Las Vegas
I think it’s a good idea. Not all of us are confident enough & a helping hand can only be a positive thing?
Yes some people can come across a little intimidating although sure it’s not intended - They are just lively characters ;)

T

The_Bibas

A
@Sammy is correct.. People want simple .. Easy to follow.. Sorry again hun but you need a ghost writer for this one... Keep it simple isn't your style.. Xxx
And I am not the right person to help. . Hate people at the best of times...
Xxxbibaxxx

Reactions: Pearls
T

The_Bibas

All these little things are time consuming intially and can be added over time and in fairness you can't cater for every eventuality , the dummies guide to SS would be like war and peace
Sx
But longer and more complex and come with its own guide

X